The Green and White Sector
The place to talk Marshall University sports! > HerdFans

SHR Smith Contributes to Keith-Albee Performing Arts Center

(1/5) > >>

Flat Tire 2:
I saw on social media that Brad Smith and his wife have pledged $1 Million toward capital improvements at the Keith-Albee. The Keith is one of the real treasures of Huntington and West Virginia.

https://www.wsaz.com/2024/04/29/mu-president-brad-smith-wife-alys-donate-1m-keith-albee-restoration-project/

svherd:
The man continues to put this school and town on his back. Well done. Our city leaders need to step up.

HoPPy785:
I used to love going to movies there. Such a unique experience compared to the cookie cutter mega theaters.

THECHAMPISHERE:
Playing devil's advocate here. Any money invested in Huntington is good...I guess....but how many millions has been thrown into the Keith Albee over the last 40 years? Boy this thing seems like a money pit. It seems like it is perpetually in a state of needing $$$$$. Wonder what 10 million in something else could have done. We give the Keith Albee a Mil...it still needs a Mil a month later. It is a beautiful place...but it's just a theatre. Wonder what 10 Mil in a committee that works full time to attract large corporations to Huntington could have done...

s1uggo:
Appreciated INTU stock would be the guess good strategy. Now we just need about 20 more gifts like that to bring the Keith back to the glory it deserves

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version