Author Topic: Scarver's dunk  (Read 979 times)

Offline herd is the word

• Rookie
Scarver's dunk
« on: January 10, 2013, 08:37:43 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • for the folks not at the game yesterday (i understand why you weren't, trust me), you really missed one heck of a dunk.

if it were a higher profile game i believe it would have definitely landed on espn's top ten. i personally think it was better than pittman's against UC.

after a defensive rebound by tulsa, all the players turned to go down the court but kane stayed back and sneakily stripped the ball from the tulsa player and called for his offense to come back down. scarver was the first to respond - kane bounced passed it to him and after one step scarver took off from what i thought was foolishly too far away from the basket, he leaped pretty high and did a stretched out tomahawk to jam it home while getting the and-one. he definitely posterized the defender.

not wanting to get eliminated from the highlight real, the next possession, pittman made a very discombobulated one handed three pointer and-one which was pretty ridiculous. 

HerdFans.com

Scarver's dunk
    « on: January 10, 2013, 08:37:43 AM »

Online Dunk

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • All American
    • HerdFans Contributor
    Re: Scarver's dunk
    « Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 09:30:27 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I recorded the news and sportscenter. I should be able to upload it.

The news didn't have the greatest view of it as they were on the other end of the court, but it was still sick

Offline herd is the word

• Rookie
    « Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 04:11:12 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • here it is:

Offline Huffnagel

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 04:39:09 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Impressive!
    It's Great Being a Thundering Herd Football Fan!!!

Follow Us on Twitter!
    Follow HerdFans on Twitter @HerdFans_

Follow Us on Facebook!
    Follow HerdFans on Facebook @realHerdFans

Offline GreenBison60

• Heisman
    « Reply #4 on: January 10, 2013, 05:02:04 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • That was great. But i think Pittman's against UC was better.

Offline Iam4theHerd

• Junior Varsity
    • Member Since 08/2012
    « Reply #5 on: January 10, 2013, 05:18:01 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Very nice!!

Online Dunk

• All American
    • HerdFans Contributor
    « Reply #6 on: January 10, 2013, 05:30:21 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • That was great. But i think Pittman's against UC was better.

I would give the edge to Scarver. He is shorter and his was much more contested.

Offline VA Herd Fan

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2013, 06:31:36 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I would give the edge to Scarver. He is shorter and his was much more contested.
    I wouldn't say Scarver was contested.  Edge to Pittman for me.
    Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions.  Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.  Mark Twain

Offline GreenBison60

• Heisman
    « Reply #8 on: January 10, 2013, 06:41:04 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Pittman by a mile actually. And Pittman was way more contested. He went over a guy, not around him. Let me see if i can paste it.

Online Dunk

• All American
    • HerdFans Contributor
    « Reply #9 on: January 10, 2013, 06:51:04 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I wouldn't say Scarver was contested.  Edge to Pittman for me.

Pittman went up all alone. The height and force were impressive, but nobody got in his way.

I am so glad that we have them both. Best shooters on the team (percentage-wise)

I wish we could get the backcourt players to focus on their strengths more and feed off each other. Kane needs to be driving to the hoop or backing a smaller guard down. Scarver needs to be set up via picks for quick jumpshots. Pittman needs to take Scarver's role and add in making cuts to the basket. Manning really needs to stop being timid and look to do something other than pass. He needs to drive and shoot more. Martin needs to to be a set shooter like Scarver.

At least that is the way I see it. I am by no means highly educated on all the intricacies of basketball

Pittman by a mile actually. And Pittman was way more contested. He went over a guy, not around him. Let me see if i can paste it.

Pittman went to the side of his defender if you watch. Not sure how you see "over"
    « Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 06:53:00 PM by Dunk »

Offline GreenBison60

• Heisman
    « Reply #10 on: January 10, 2013, 06:54:22 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I agree with what you say about all that Dunk, except the dunk itself. Pittman's was way more impressive to watch for me. His looked like something you would see on sportcenter from a Kansas, Kentucky, NC team. Scarver's was good and not easy. But was not near the power and expolsion IMO.

Online Dunk

• All American
    • HerdFans Contributor
    « Reply #11 on: January 10, 2013, 07:02:33 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I agree with what you say about all that Dunk, except the dunk itself. Pittman's was way more impressive to watch for me. His looked like something you would see on sportcenter from a Kansas, Kentucky, NC team. Scarver's was good and not easy. But was not near the power and expolsion IMO.

I see what you are saying. I think we are looking for different things. I agree that Pittman's was much more powerful and explosive, but I am placing greater importance on my opinion of the difficulty.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2013, 07:02:33 PM »

Offline GreenBison60

• Heisman
    « Reply #12 on: January 10, 2013, 07:14:08 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I see what you are saying also. He is shorter and kind of reached out. I'm just going by which onw would bring me out of my seat without even realizing i had stood up. And that would be Pittman's for me. I also think Pittman is one of the most talented guys we have had around here for awhile. I don't think we have seen the best of him yet. If he was playing with a really good TRUE PG, he is as good as just about anyone out there at the 3 position IMO. He is 6'9" and can shoot the 3 and is athletic and can jump out of the gym. But he has been hurt IMO from  not having a PG most of the year. Hopefully Kane being back will help him some, although he isn't a True PG.

Online Dunk

• All American
    • HerdFans Contributor
    « Reply #13 on: January 10, 2013, 08:44:22 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I see what you are saying also. He is shorter and kind of reached out. I'm just going by which onw would bring me out of my seat without even realizing i had stood up. And that would be Pittman's for me. I also think Pittman is one of the most talented guys we have had around here for awhile. I don't think we have seen the best of him yet. If he was playing with a really good TRUE PG, he is as good as just about anyone out there at the 3 position IMO. He is 6'9" and can shoot the 3 and is athletic and can jump out of the gym. But he has been hurt IMO from  not having a PG most of the year. Hopefully Kane being back will help him some, although he isn't a True PG.

The weird thing about Pittman, which I backed up by reading a lot of his recruiting info, is that he is the most dominant player on the floor at times, but he seems to "disappear" for large segments of the game. Seems like he has a lot more potential than what we have seen. He just needs to stay "up" for the whole game.

Hate to be negative about such a talented player, but I would like to see him stop bragging/celebrating/taunting after every halfway positive play that he has. Every dunk and 3-pointer are not that big of a deal. Just get back and play defense, especially if we are down by 10+

Offline IH8WVU

• All American
    • Member Since 04/2012
    « Reply #14 on: January 11, 2013, 09:28:59 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I can't dunk so they are both pretty impressive

HerdFans.com

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2013, 09:28:59 AM »