Author Topic: Marshall football has no cakewalk with 2017 schedule  (Read 577 times)

Online biggreenarms

• Global Moderator
  • Franchise Owner
  • Smokin' Thunder, Blues Guitar, Hillbilly Chef
Marshall football has no cakewalk with 2017 schedule
« on: August 23, 2017, 06:19:41 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    So what about 2017? There are no ranked teams, such as the Louisville team that brought a No. 3 ranking to Huntington, on the schedule. The only team picked to win its league in a coaches’ preseason poll is Western Kentucky, which plays with Marshall in the East Division of Conference USA. There is one “Power 5” school, down from the two of 2016.

So this schedule is conducive for Marshall to get back above .500, right?

Not in and of itself, for several reasons:

There are no lily-soft FCS teams.

http://www.wvgazettemail.com/sports-marshall-university/20170822/marshall-football-has-no-cakewalk-with-2017-schedule

HerdFans.com

Marshall football has no cakewalk with 2017 schedule
    « on: August 23, 2017, 06:19:41 AM »

Offline Big City

Re: Marshall football has no cakewalk with 2017 schedule
    « Reply #1 on: August 23, 2017, 07:39:11 AM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • boo hoo every team has challenges and tests on their schedule. Every team will have to overcome adversity at some point. They will offer reasons like this up as excuses for failure or they will come together and overcome as a team. I don't expect perfection but I hope we will see a much improved TEAM.  I cannot wait to see what the 2017 Herd does!
    IronMan & Multisport Athlete
    2 x American Triple T Finisher
    Celebrated beer drinker

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, svherd, The E-Man

Offline coalherd

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2017, 07:13:15 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]-1
  • boo hoo every team has challenges and tests on their schedule. Every team will have to overcome adversity at some point. They will offer reasons like this up as excuses for failure or they will come together and overcome as a team. I don't expect perfection but I hope we will see a much improved TEAM.  I cannot wait to see what the 2017 Herd does!

Spot on assessment, Big City.  I know someone else who was spot on:  WVU Coach Dana Holgerson.  Does anyone else feel that this 5 week preseason seems like an eternity?  Usually, once preseason practice began in August it was, bang, the month was over and football season was here.  This year, that extra week has made this month creep by, IMO.  Too much practice is just, well, too much.  Let's bring on some HERD FOOTBALL ASAP!!!!

The following users thanked this post: Big City

HerdFans.com

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2017, 07:13:15 PM »