Author Topic: Next Day Feelings  (Read 695 times)

Offline goherd24

Next Day Feelings
« on: September 03, 2017, 10:55:27 AM »
  • [Like]2
  • [Dislike]1
  • I am not sure I have ever felt so disappointed, the day after a win. It just doesn't feel like a win. It feels like a game we stole, and lose 9 out of 10. We had 1 drive where we looked good on offense. Thats pretty much it. Our defense was OK, but Miami pushed us around quite a bit, and we all know what happened to us on 3rd and 4th down.

I am driving to Raleigh this weekend, most likely to our doom. 22k for a home opener, even with rain, is not a good sign. Fans are very weary of Doc and company and borderline apathetic. This is a really  crucial time for football. Our season is basically on the line every single week. I doubt we will see more than 25k at a game this season, and if we lose tomorrow, maybe 20k for kent state, and it goes down hill from there with our schedule.

What can be done at this point? Short of a win at NC State to bring back some excitement? Does Legg need to be a mid season firing?

The following users thanked this post: MUinDE, The E-Man

HerdFans.com

Next Day Feelings
    « on: September 03, 2017, 10:55:27 AM »

Offline HaveUherd

Re: Next Day Feelings
    « Reply #1 on: September 03, 2017, 11:02:09 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I agree with all of that.

Thankful it was Miami we stole one from.

Nothing much has changed from last year in my view. Question is will our highly compensated AD be able to see it and send Doc packing?

Offline herdfifteen

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2017, 11:15:01 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]4
  • Statistics are for losers, were it not for an unfortunate targeting call this game likely wouldn't have been nearly so close. We beat our bitter rival and many of you continue the incessant negativity.

The following users thanked this post: backontrack, Surbadger, IslandHerd1

Offline QuickStrike

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2017, 11:28:15 AM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]-1
  • Statistics are for losers, were it not for an unfortunate targeting call this game likely wouldn't have been nearly so close. We beat our bitter rival and many of you continue the incessant negativity.

BS.......we barely beat Miami O. and looked horrible doing it.  2 KO returns for TDs and a pick 6 won the game for us.  Miami still had the chance to beat us on their final drive.  We are going to have a mediocre team, and should expect more from a HC that is going into his 8th season.

The following users thanked this post: MUinDE, Apollo

Offline goherd24

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2017, 01:34:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Really? Are you going to say a targeting call gave miami 26 points? And what about our lucky 2 KO returns and pick 6? I am going to go out on a limb and say that those 3 things in one game for the same team, it may have happened maybe 2 other times in history? Get espn on that, but take away any of those plays and we lose.

You may be happy that we were gifted a win over miami oh, but the rest of us are concerned because the same behaviors and coaching that led to a 3-9 season and losing to Charlotte at home, were clearly evident once again.

The following users thanked this post: HaveUherd

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2017, 01:40:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

No, real Herd Fans that know football are tired of winning games that shouldn't even be close! because of a very very conservative coach. Doc kept it to close this is why we haven't won but ( 1 championship in his 7 seasons here) The one time Doc wasn't conservative on the fake field goal, what was he thinking? Does he realize we have only one proven kicker in Vedvik? What if Vedvik had gotten hurt then what?

The following users thanked this post: DC01HERD

Online coalherd

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2017, 08:23:16 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • E-Man, basically agree with your post.  Believe, however, if we show some offensive improvement and play with some enthusiasm, passion at NC State, we could see around 25,000 or so for the Kent State game.  Depending, however, that we don't see another Huntington September imitation of Asian monsoon weather on the 16th.

Kent State looked horrendous, even though they were playing the defending National Champs.  All indications are that their head coach is a "dead man walking".  Game should be the closest thing to a "sure win" going in for the Herd all season.

As for the Big Picture, as long as Hamrick remains aloof, arrogant, and impervious to Herd fans' concerns, complaints, etc., NOTHING will change.  We could go 6-6, 7-5, etc., beating mainly the weak sisters on the schedule, and Hammy will smugly contend that Doc has Herd football going full throttle and that his, Hamrick's, approach was right all along.

Key game to watch not involving the Herd to me will be when Cincy goes to Miami in a couple of weeks.  Will be an indication of how good, or bad, both Miami and Cincy are this season.  And may be a good barometer of just how good a chance the Herd has for a W in Cincy at the end of the month.  That, to me, is the next KEY game on this year's schedule.
    « Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 08:27:29 PM by coalherd »

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall

HerdFans.com

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2017, 08:23:16 PM »