Author Topic: the spin and propganda line at work tonight  (Read 1671 times)

Online 2xBison

the spin and propganda line at work tonight
« on: June 25, 2006, 07:51:55 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • ran out to pick up a pizza tonight and tuned in the wvu statewide line for 15 minutes........heard enough BS

they're fans are still calling in about tv trying to convince themselves there was no offer.  travis "homo or homer" jones worked on it for a while saying nothing concrete.

a caller called in with an email response from a sportswriter "i suppose it was landon they wouldn't mention his name"  anyway, they down played it all saying landon's source must have been shoemaker, who we all know is a MU graduate.  they went on and on

finally, Greg Hunter (i'll give him a little credit for an eerdiot) said if they would have moved it it probably would have been on Sunday.  but, they all agreed nothing concrete.  must be back to the in writing deal?? still sore about 97??

they then went on to rip MU for wanting it on tv and stuff and we don't get any exposure and we need it.  they wanted to know what all the whining out of huntington is from?

i think kayo and our administration has maintained it is their game and been pretty professional about the deal.  i just think it is funny how delusional and paranoid they all get with anything related to MU.

the one caller went on about how they shouldn't play the game, 80% of wvu fans don't like manchin etc etc  and how this has damaged them.  like their schedule is worth a crap with or without us??????

oh well, thought it funny.

they are nuts.
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

HerdFans.com

« on: June 25, 2006, 07:51:55 PM »

Offline bbcard1

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    Unless
    « Reply #1 on: June 25, 2006, 08:03:31 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • we set new season ticket sales records because of WVU and it directly leads to a documentable bump for our program, we have done ourselves a disservice by scheduling the school up north.

Offline Garbanjo

• Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #2 on: June 25, 2006, 08:06:40 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • September 2, 2006

WVU "Fan Suicide Day"

Offline Thundering Herd

• Varsity
    Re: the spin and propganda line at work tonight
    « Reply #3 on: June 25, 2006, 08:08:57 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "2xBison"
    ran out to pick up a pizza tonight

You could have had a WVU grad deliver it to you instead.

Offline extragreen

• WaterBoy
    • Heisman
    « Reply #4 on: June 25, 2006, 08:50:48 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • USPAMIS SEMPER PULLUS
    Your self-determinism and honor are more important than your immediate life.

Offline murox

• Varsity
    • Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #5 on: June 25, 2006, 09:11:06 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Hmm, I don't think I understand eerdiot math.  Let's see here . . .

-80% of wvu fans don't like Manchin

-Manchin has an 80% approval rating

-'ear fans claim the whole state except Cabell Co. are 'ear fans

:twisted:

Online 2xBison

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2006, 09:28:26 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • now that you mention it rox, the "please be respectful" caller was from jacksonville.  probably one of vermon's jackasses.  

that fool needs to move back then we'll give a damn about what he thinks about who is gov.
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

Offline carolinaherdfan

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2006, 09:30:37 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "murox"
    Hmm, I don't think I understand eerdiot math.  Let's see here . . .

-80% of wvu fans don't like Manchin

-Manchin has an 80% approval rating

-'ear fans claim the whole state except Cabell Co. are 'ear fans

:twisted:

Sadly Murox, you are one of the few WVIAN'S who really have figured errdiot math out . Is there any wonder why our state is always #50? What a bunch of dummies! :twisted: I was glad to read about this again this evening. I had forgotten how they do this stuff in WVA. It has been sometime since I lived there, and this did remind me of somthing I had forgotten,  and I might say any other place I have ever lived, well, you just don't get this sort of behaviour, especially from the state's media. pitiful!
    ps. Oh well,  :twisted:  are a bunch of cowards and b@@$@#@@, and we are spreading the word coast to coast! Every night! AM

It's West Virginia, It's West Virginia, the pride of all these dum&^$r*( eer's.
    It's West Virginia, It's West Virginia, the home of all our ignorant ills!

Offline jn4theHERD

• All American
    • Member Since 09/2012
    « Reply #8 on: June 26, 2006, 01:16:37 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    80% of wvu fans don't like Manchin

Since most of wvu's students are from other states it doesn't affect Manchin's ratings in wv

jn

Online 2xBison

« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2006, 06:41:50 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • side note, I was recently in PA.

met a gentleman from Pittsburgh he said "my son is going to wvu this fall".  the next week, I met a man from Philly he said "my son is going to wvu this fall" and I direclty worked with a gentleman from Pittsburgh who graduated from....you guessed it!

glad the tax payers subsidize that PA higher education.
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

Offline Mako

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2006, 09:10:23 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    September 2, 2006

WVU "Fan Suicide Day"

I was getting my oil changed a few weeks ago and there was a guy in there who was a USPAM fan.  Of course, I had on my Marshall gear and we were talking about the game.  His comment was, "if Marshall beats USPAM, I'll throw myself off the Patrick Street Bridge."  he he

My personal opinion is that if we can lay the wood on Pat White on every single play and if we can throw the ball (USPAM's pass defense is suspect as Georgia demonstrated) we can beat those lousy bastards.
    "Our founding fathers ... drafted a charter to assure the rule of law and the rights of man, a charter expanded by the blood of generations.  Those ideals still light the world, and we will not give them up for expediency's sake." - Barack Obama Inaugural Address

Offline Blade

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2006, 09:38:42 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I had a bartender see my Marshall shirt and say "why do you root for those losers?"

I told him I went to school there.  He laughed and told me that he was a WVU grad and that Marshall not only sucks on the field but we have lousy academics as well.

My response?

So far this year, I have had WVU grads make my sandwich at Subway, deliver my paper and serve me a drink at a bar.  What does that have to say about WVU academics?  :mrgreen:

Statement is true btw.  Each of those people claimed to be a grad.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2006, 09:38:42 AM »

Offline marshall fanatic

• Hall of Famer
    • Member Since 02/2004
    « Reply #12 on: June 26, 2006, 10:11:12 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Blade did you tell him you run your own business?

Offline Blade

« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2006, 10:32:24 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "marshall fanatic"
    Blade did you tell him you run your own business?

Why?  He roots for WVU.  Nothing can top that. :wink:

Offline Photo by

• Global Moderator
    • Hall of Famer
    « Reply #14 on: June 26, 2006, 10:53:59 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "Blade"
    I had a bartender see my Marshall shirt and say "why do you root for those losers?"....

I believe, had I owned that bar, I'd be running an ad for a new bartender.

"If you count victories in terms of perseverance, commitment, and determination our team went undefeated in ’71."
    ...Jack Lengyel

Offline chezdog30

• All American
    • Member Since 01/2011
    « Reply #15 on: June 26, 2006, 11:21:16 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Here is my funny WVU story: I host pharmacy rotations from WVU through my pharmacy and the lady from WVU called a month or so ago to set up 2 students. She had no place for these 2 ladies to go to do rotations so she had to ask me nicely to take on the grads. I did, under one condition, they both had to wear We are...Marshall shirts to work their first day here. She laughed and said that they couldnt tell the students to wear them that it was unfair to them. I then laughed back and said that was OK to laugh, I had no rotation openings. I then told her it was my Work Dress Code that on Mondays my employees wear MU shirts. She laughed and then hung up.........The girls looked good in their MU shirts.

Offline bigblankowsky

• Varsity
    • Member Since 08/2012
    « Reply #16 on: June 26, 2006, 07:15:51 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "Blade"
    I had a bartender see my Marshall shirt and say "why do you root for those losers?"

I told him I went to school there.  He laughed and told me that he was a WVU grad and that Marshall not only sucks on the field but we have lousy academics as well.

My response?

So far this year, I have had WVU grads make my sandwich at Subway, deliver my paper and serve me a drink at a bar.  What does that have to say about WVU academics?  :mrgreen:

Statement is true btw.  Each of those people claimed to be a grad.
    You should have cleaned that dump of a bar OUT!

Offline BHFIOHIO

Yeah
    « Reply #17 on: June 26, 2006, 07:33:34 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • and we woulda had your back if we had been there

GO HERD

Offline YAKS

• Junior Varsity
    • GKI Member Since 03/2009
    « Reply #18 on: June 26, 2006, 09:42:28 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Landon's source was JOE M. on this one.

Offline Liv4daherd

• Varsity
    « Reply #19 on: June 26, 2006, 10:49:00 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Oaky, since we're on funny WVU stories...here's mine.  

Back in 1976, my sophomore year at St. Albans High School, my brother and I attended a WVU game at old Mountaineer Field.  WVU was hosting the formidable Richmond Spiders and my brother and I managed to work our way to the middle of WVU's student section.  For those who might remember, old Mountaineer Field's student section was from the middle of the bowl to the right corner.  As I recall there wasn't much room from the end of the endzone to the concrete retaining wall, which held the students.  Surrounded by a throng of drunks, a drunk fraternity brother directly in front staggers around to face me.  Wearing my high school jacket with my name appearing across in script, this guy was weaving back and forth, barely standing and trying to read my name.  He literally got about three inches from my jacket in order to read it.  After deciphering my name, he managed to stagger back up-right and said, "Lee....do ya think we should hit that I guy down there?," pointing to an individual standing along the retaining wall.  Not thinking anything about it I said, "Sure....wear 'em out."  The guy turns around and yells, "Lee said hit 'em."  At that bizzare moment, an entire fraternity literally threw everything they had in their hands down upon the individual....ice, cups, popcorn, bottles, full-drinks, etc.  Debris was raining out into the endzone so bad that the WV State Troopers started running over there.  My mouth wide-open with amazement I turned and looked at my brother.  The guy turns to me once again and said, "Lee...do ya think we should quit?"  I said, "Yes...Stop!"  The guy turns and said, "Lee said Stop!"  And just like that...they all stopped!  It was the most bizzare thing....I had control over approximately 75 fraternity brothers.  Reflecting back on it...I wish I would have said slit your wrists or something like that.

One more quick story....in '74 my dad, brother and I attended a WVU game and decided to sit in the cheap seats (the open endzone bleachers of old Mountaineer Field).  Sitting behind drunks (a common occurrence), the Pride of WV was beginning to line-up along the retaining wall right below us for half time.  Back then the band wore tall black fuzzy band hats...almost reminded me of the British guards at Buckingham Palace.  Anyway, this drunk in front of me (I guess I'm a drunk magnet) was staggering and weaving pretty bad and the tops of band hats were passing by appearing slightly over the top edge of the retaining wall.  This guy stumbles and tries to steady himself with the aid of the passing band hats...knocking heads together.   I laughed to the displeasure of the band students who were looking up with disgust.  Just before the band was to take the field, the drunk who was still staggering stumbled once again, fell to his knees, leaned foward, took both hands to steady himself with the aid of a band hat and "puked" all over a clarinet player.  I looked at my brother and dad and said, "All this for a buck...you can't beat this."  Needless to say the Pride of WV was minus one clarinet player for the afternoon.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2006, 10:49:00 PM »