Author Topic: Adam Williams from UK to MU?  (Read 2608 times)

Offline 2xBison

Adam Williams from UK to MU?
« on: March 10, 2006, 11:13:50 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Landon says that is a rumor in today's column.

He also says Miles and Oglesby are expected to transfer.  Miles is our best 3 point shooter.
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

HerdFans.com

« on: March 10, 2006, 11:13:50 AM »

Offline HerdZone

• Hall of Famer
    • Member Since 12/2009
    « Reply #1 on: March 10, 2006, 11:18:50 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Oglesby I could see, he has never touched the floor. But why would Miles transfer unless he just doesn't get along with Jirsa. He gets mins and points.

I don't see Miles transfering unless he transfers to a DII or DIII school. He will be a JR next year and would have to set a yr out and only have 1 yr of elgibility left.

Offline mrherd05

• Junior Varsity
    « Reply #2 on: March 10, 2006, 11:19:10 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He may have been out of control at times, and may have appeared to be a cancer at times, but if we do lose Miles, that is a very, very, VERY BIG deal, and should be a blow to Jirsa, since he is one of his boys and not a White holdover.

Offline carolinaherdfan

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2006, 11:23:54 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Please, say it ain't so. We need everyone to be at 18 wins next season, and have a little respectability. We lose him, and we are in reverse.

Offline Blood & Thunder

• Junior Varsity
    « Reply #4 on: March 10, 2006, 11:34:23 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Could someone post a link to Landon's article? Thanks.

Offline marshall fanatic

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Hall of Famer
    • Member Since 02/2004
    « Reply #5 on: March 10, 2006, 11:49:45 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • http://www.ukathletics.com/index.php?s=&change_well_id=2&url_article_id=16182

Player Bio : Adam Williams :: Men's Basketball

Adam Williams

Class:
    Freshman

Hometown:
    St. Albans, W.Va.

High School:
    St. Albans/IMG Academy

Height / Weight:
    6-4 / 190

Position:
    G

Experience:
    HS

General: Has a solid long-range shot and quickness ... Has added maturity after a year of prep ball at IMG Academy ... Will turn 20 years old before the season begins ... Will add depth to an already talented guard lineup.

High School: Averaged 22.5 points, 11.5 rebounds and 5.5 assists as a senior at St. Albans, leading his team to the state tournament ... Claimed the Bill Evans Award in 2003-04, given to the top player in West Virginia ... Was named firstteam All-State as a senior and earned All-Kanawha County team honors for the third year in a row ... Was a threeyear starter for St. Albans ... Was named first-team Class AAA All-State and the Kanawha County Player of the Year as a junior after averaging 19 points, eight rebounds and nearly four assists ... Also earned the 2004 Citizenship Award by the City of St. Albans and was named the 2004 St. Albans Homecoming King ... Was coached in high school by his father, Tex Williams ... Spent the 2004-05 season at IMG Academy in Bradenton, Fla.

Personal: Born Sept. 19, 1985 in Charleston, W. Va. ... Major is business ... Parents are Tex and Sandy Williams.

Offline Thundering Herd

• Varsity
    « Reply #6 on: March 10, 2006, 11:57:44 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I believe Miles would be our leading returning scorer.  Huge blow, HUGE, if that is the case.  Why would he leave, unless he really did not like the coach?

Offline carolinaherdfan

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2006, 12:00:04 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • OK, Chez, this is what you predicted. What gives?

Offline Thunder93

• Practice Squad
    « Reply #8 on: March 10, 2006, 12:26:39 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If everybody reports to school next year (and all remain eligible) we would have fifteen players on scholarship (two more than the NCAA allows). Thus, two players have to leave and these two (olgesby/Miles) are the most viable candidates. Olegesby because he is not a legite D1 player. Myles because all he can do is shoot and both Williams and Methyle can do that plus play defense and not turn the ball over.

Offline Huffnagel

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2006, 01:39:25 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I heard that Williams was considering WVU not Marshall.
    It's Great Being a Thundering Herd Football Fan!!!

Follow Us on Twitter!
    Follow HerdFans on Twitter @HerdFans_

Follow Us on Facebook!
    Follow HerdFans on Facebook @realHerdFans

Offline thunderingon

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2006, 01:45:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I don't think Miles will be missed that much, especially if Williams/Merthie are even close to as good as advertised.  Miles was good at times, but painful at others and never seemed to have a great attitude, but I hate to see him leave, nonetheless.

Offline firstate

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2006, 02:50:07 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Tubby promised Williams a scholly way to early.
    I think he probably didn't develop as Tubby though he would....and now there are other players out there that UK could get if only they had that scholly back.

That's what I think is going on.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2006, 02:50:07 PM »

Offline herdround

• Junior Varsity
    « Reply #12 on: March 10, 2006, 03:26:25 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Why would Miles leave you ask? Merthie and Williams!!!! He knows the bench will be his home next year!

Offline HerdZone

• Hall of Famer
    • Member Since 12/2009
    « Reply #13 on: March 10, 2006, 03:28:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "herdround"
    Why would Miles leave you ask? Merthie and Williams!!!! He knows the bench will be his home next year!

Williams would have to sit a year, Miles still would have playing time next year.

Offline mrherd05

• Junior Varsity
    « Reply #14 on: March 10, 2006, 03:59:14 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "herdround"
    Why would Miles leave you ask? Merthie and Williams!!!! He knows the bench will be his home next year!

Whats real funny is that is what people were saying abou AW and Dawn when Lamb and Miles were coming here....fact is...you have no clue if those guys can get the job done here or not...none...it is stricly opinion...

One thing that is a fact is that Miles was good for an average of 12 a night no ifs ands or buts about it, the only person higher than that on our team was Patton.

It is a huge loss, if true.

Offline thunderingon

« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2006, 04:30:31 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I disagree.  "huge loss" is overstated a bit.  12 points a game and a bunch of turnovers and a "me" attitude (my perception only) is not hard to replace.  I hope he stays, but him leaving won't be that big of a deal in the long run.  He never seemed to fit in the system or able to play consistently.  If any of the new guys have an outside shot, he won't be missed.

Offline P'villeHERDfan

• Junior Varsity
    « Reply #16 on: March 10, 2006, 04:40:16 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Merthie/Williams may not be the reason he left , from what I'm hearing , its more like just Williams , no Merthie . He will have a place on the floor but he may not get along with Jirsa , he has been in the dog house a few times this year .

Offline Thunders

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2006, 04:53:46 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Tried to tell you guys!  The players don't like Jirsa!! That is plane to see now.
    Yoda says:    Blow the Mountaineers do!!

Offline cltherdfan

• Rookie
    « Reply #18 on: March 10, 2006, 05:03:02 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I heard the Williams to WVU rumor while in Charleston this week as well.  I guess we have to hope his dad (Marshall Alum and should have been head coach after his stint at UC) will convince him to come to huntington.

Offline W0lfman

« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2006, 05:08:21 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Looking back on our basketball program it would've probably been a great hire if we had brought ole Tex to Huntington 20 years ago.  

A side note...me and 2x got Tex smashed in a South Charleston bar--cant remember the name of it-- watching the game against Akron where Byron was carried down the field.  That was a strange afternoon to say the least.

Offline marshall fanatic

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Hall of Famer
    • Member Since 02/2004
    « Reply #20 on: March 10, 2006, 06:36:08 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Thunders you did call that a few post ago. But guys look and consider this. In any sport you need playing time to get in a rythem.  How many times do you see a Major League Pitcher struggle in the first inning only to get it rolling after that. Or a person that comes off the bench to miss his first few shots before he feels comfortable.
    Considering this little scenerio. Jirsa has substituted players as soon as they make one mistake or make a bad shot. Jirsa does not leave players in to get a feel for the game.  To be honest with you I would play ball for this coach. I quiet playing sports cause of coaches like this. As a player you need to know what your roll is so you can be comfortable with it. Whether your roll is to be the 6th man or the 12th man. But you can not be scared to play and that is how these guys look. Honestly answer this. Could you proform your job if you where threatened to be fired for one mistake?

Puts a little preasure on you dont it. Miles, Lam, Humphrey, and Aikens are all good players that played a key role in this year. Dorris we all know will be a starter and so will Ross.  Ross was averaging 8 TO's a game. But Jirsa left him in the game.  To me it is apparent that Jirsa plays favorites. There is some talent on the team, just not being used properly. And if you guys dont thinnk I know what I am talking about when it comes to Bball ask Photo.

Offline tradebait

« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2006, 10:13:25 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "mrherd05"
    Quote from: "herdround"

Whats real funny is that is what people were saying abou AW and Dawn when Lamb and Miles were coming here....fact is...you have no clue if those guys can get the job done here or not...none...it is stricly opinion...

One thing that is a fact is that Miles was good for an average of 12 a night no ifs ands or buts about it, the only person higher than that on our team was Patton.

It is a huge loss, if true.

I agree, a huge loss if he leaves.  We do not have enough good plaers on campus as it is, much less to have double digit scorer transfer out.  Miles has/had issues as a player here, but we need him.
    Superior skill and knowledge win over fear and superstition each and every time.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2006, 10:13:25 AM »

Offline Doctor Scanlan

• Rookie
    xxxc
    « Reply #22 on: March 11, 2006, 12:45:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Adam Williams wouldn't make a first-team WVIAC player.

HerdFans.com

xxxc
    « Reply #22 on: March 11, 2006, 12:45:50 PM »