Author Topic: Players screaming at the head coach  (Read 4345 times)

Offline 2xBison

Re: Players screaming at the head coach
« Reply #50 on: September 16, 2013, 02:49:37 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Froh played fantastic at ECU. The question is how much of that was because ECU spent a week preparing for Cato at QB, knowing then he wouldn't run and he locked on to Shuler. They didn't prepare at all for a running QB that looked at other options. So, was his impressive performance because of his talent or because of us catching their defense off guard by accident?

the real question is how would Fro do with over two years of D1 game experience....that ECU game he had limited previous playing time and really minimal to none that wasn't mop up.

i'm not calling for a qb change at all and think cato is good.  but those that think Cato is perfect or on his way to nfl....well, they are off.  it is funny how I've seen a few mention how you can't criticize Cato on these boards...it's funny there is a cult following to dampen any contsructive criticism or objective critique of his game.
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

HerdFans.com

« Reply #50 on: September 16, 2013, 02:49:37 PM »

Offline goherd24

« Reply #51 on: September 16, 2013, 02:51:40 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Froh also played quite a bit against gwu and we stalled out on O.

Lets not get on this kill Cato bandwagon guys, not just yet. Cato didnt fumble 3 times, one costing us a TD, nor did he fall down allowing the game losing INT. I would be pissed too, especially since us potentially scoring a TD before half could have won the game. I was screaming go for a quick td. 4 seconds used max if incomplete. Play to win, not keeping it close.

Online The Right Stuff

« Reply #52 on: September 16, 2013, 02:57:40 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The problem being if something goes wrong and time runs out without scoring any points then you go into the locker room on a downer.  At least this way you get three points have a little momentum.  The only problem was coming out in the second half and letting OU get seven and running a lot of clock.  I still think in my opinon that going for 3 was the right call.  Get at least the 3.

TRS
    MU 71

Offline svherd

« Reply #53 on: September 16, 2013, 03:42:28 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • the real question is how would Fro do with over two years of D1 game experience....that ECU game he had limited previous playing time and really minimal to none that wasn't mop up.

i'm not calling for a qb change at all and think cato is good.  but those that think Cato is perfect or on his way to nfl....well, they are off.  it is funny how I've seen a few mention how you can't criticize Cato on these boards...it's funny there is a cult following to dampen any contsructive criticism or objective critique of his game.

I like Cato for his fire and passion - he wants to be here. He sure as hell is not perfect and has some things to improve on. He's not NFL material either - too small in my opinion and lack of arm strength. That said, if Fro were the better of the two Doc and Legg would play him, their jobs depend on us having success. But he does need to play more no question. I don't get why people say Fro will never play 'cause Cato is Docs boy. That's a midget league mindset.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline QuickStrike

« Reply #54 on: September 16, 2013, 03:56:53 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • IMO.....even if he only gets 1 year as Herd starting QB, Froh will do well enough to at least get a sniff from NFL scouts while Cato will get nada. Seems like Froh had a shoulder problem the year before last that set him back. For those who have watched him in person, how does his arm strength seem now?

Offline 2xBison

« Reply #55 on: September 16, 2013, 04:05:06 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Froh also played quite a bit against gwu and we stalled out on O.

Lets not get on this kill Cato bandwagon guys, not just yet. Cato didnt fumble 3 times, one costing us a TD, nor did he fall down allowing the game losing INT. I would be pissed too, especially since us potentially scoring a TD before half could have won the game. I was screaming go for a quick td. 4 seconds used max if incomplete. Play to win, not keeping it close.

good point.  might be interesting to see how Cato does with the second or third team in a game where you are calling off the dogs. 

not really the best place to evaluate either qb.

Again, Cato is the starter I'm not questioning that or calling for change...i'm just glad to see some folks opening their minds.

No Cato didn't do all the fumbling.  However, after all that bad stuff in first half we were only down 7...nice opportunity to lead your team to W and overcome adversity.  didn't happen.  in fact, he threw crucial pick.
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

HerdFans.com

« Reply #55 on: September 16, 2013, 04:05:06 PM »