Author Topic: Players screaming at the head coach  (Read 4344 times)

Offline 00mag12gaVa

• Junior Varsity
  • Member Since 12/2012
Players screaming at the head coach
« on: September 15, 2013, 10:59:02 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • What are your thoughts?? Does this indicate some deeper underlying issue's???
    No political dreamer was ever wild enough to think of breaking down the lines which separate the States and compounding the American people into one common mass.
    John Marshall (1755 - 1835)

HerdFans.com

Players screaming at the head coach
    « on: September 15, 2013, 10:59:02 AM »

Offline Johnnyherd

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Head Coach
    • Member Since 03/2011 Big Green Member 2011
    Re: Players screaming at the head coach
    « Reply #1 on: September 15, 2013, 11:16:51 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I ve seen it several times with big time programs as well....I'm guessing it has something to do with all the sweettalking and buttkissing these coaches do to recruit these kids.....It sets the relationship....

I watched Jimbo Fisher during an interview and a recruit called his personal cell phone....He dropped everything and took the call....They kept filming and he kissed that kid's butt like he was a king and the head coach was his servant....

Offline 00mag12gaVa

• Junior Varsity
    • Member Since 12/2012
    « Reply #2 on: September 15, 2013, 11:25:46 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I ve seen it several times with big time programs as well....I'm guessing it has something to do with all the sweettalking and buttkissing these coaches do to recruit these kids.....It sets the relationship....

I watched Jimbo Fisher during an interview and a recruit called his personal cell phone....He dropped everything and took the call....They kept filming and he kissed that kid's butt like he was a king and the head coach was his servant....

Big time or small time, its a break down IMO. In my recollection of GREAT football coaches, I can not recall players in their face screaming. Its a respect issue, plain and simple....the patients are running the asylum...
    No political dreamer was ever wild enough to think of breaking down the lines which separate the States and compounding the American people into one common mass.

Offline QuickStrike

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2013, 11:34:48 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Is this happening here? Football should be like a teaching ground for life & the workplace. Coaches shouldn't put up with that kind of crap. Players (like employees) who do this should be fired, or put on a disciplinary program that leads to termination based on how serious the incident.

Offline GoGreen1980

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2013, 11:39:27 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Is this happening here? Football should be like a teaching ground for life & the workplace. Coaches shouldn't put up with that kind of crap. Players (like employees) who do this should be fired, or put on a disciplinary program that leads to termination based on how serious the incident.

Cato was all over Doc last night...

Offline 00mag12gaVa

• Junior Varsity
    • Member Since 12/2012
    « Reply #5 on: September 15, 2013, 11:39:59 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    Did you watch the game???

Offline QuickStrike

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2013, 11:46:30 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Do not get the game when I am at.  A team leader shouldn't be doing that. Doc should have pulled Cato and let Frohnaphel play some.

Offline goherd24

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2013, 12:07:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Shows they have no trust or respect for the coaches. Something the players and I have in common. No adjustments to cover the slants, and our front made the game completely 1 dimensional.  That being said, the coaches cant hold on to a football or catch a kickoff for these guys.

I am so sick to my stomach today, I am just going to go to my basement and avoid civilization.

Offline ought-three

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2013, 12:07:36 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • A team leader shouldn't be doing that. Doc should have pulled Cato and let Frohnaphel play some.

I agree. If some kid screamed at Woody, Bear, or Bowden, the next time he raised his voice would be at some other school in some other town.

Offline HERDFAN1999

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2013, 01:27:21 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •   I agree. If some kid screamed at Woody, Bear, or Bowden, the next time he raised his voice would be at some other school in some other town.

Indeed.  I heard a story told by Gene Stallings that several of the Alabama players wanted to wear bandanas on their heads.  Coach Bryant told them he was fine with that but they could only wear one thing on their head.  They could wear the bandana or their helmet...their choice.

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.  The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - - Thomas Jefferson

Online whf

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2013, 01:50:03 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I am confident Doc handled Cato's emotions properly, away from the camera's in private.  No need to make a scene on national TV.  And how do any of you know what was said, perhaps Cato was hollering at Doc about lack of effective play, wanting other players in the game, etc.  Trust that Doc isn't going to take much from any kid on this team. 

Offline 00mag12gaVa

• Junior Varsity
    • Member Since 12/2012
    « Reply #11 on: September 15, 2013, 02:00:09 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I am confident Doc handled Cato's emotions properly, away from the camera's in private.  No need to make a scene on national TV.  And how do any of you know what was said, perhaps Cato was hollering at Doc about lack of effective play, wanting other players in the game, etc.  Trust that Doc isn't going to take much from any kid on this team. 
    Well, I wasnt gonna call out players, But Cato is a grown ass man, not a kid. It shows me he is out of control...simple as that..not a cool head...And his postion requires a cool head......

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2013, 02:00:09 PM »

Online 2xBison

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2013, 02:02:17 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Cato screamed at Doc on a couple of occasions ....once he was just totally wrong as it ended up a review and re-spot of ball for first down
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

Offline MUPE84

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2013, 02:15:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It's all about showing respect.  It's one thing to disagree about a coaching decision but to show yourself like Cato did last night was embarrassing.   Doc gets paid to make decisions during the game.  Same thing has happened with Herrion during his tenure at MU.

Offline W0lfman

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2013, 02:22:29 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • DOc needs to get that under control now.  WHats Cato going to do transfer?  That would be real dumb on his part to do that, sit out a year then play his senior season somewhere else?  Get it under control coach! 

Online 2xBison

« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2013, 02:25:57 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm surprised all the Kane haters aren't on him

I used to think he had a lot of "me" attitude and yelled at teammates and asst coaches but he's yelling at HC now
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

Offline W0lfman

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2013, 02:28:47 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • he does have a look at me attitude.  thats obvious.  And someone needs to tell him to stop doing the jump and bump with other players after making a play.  we lost stan hill because of that scenario.

Offline steelboy

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2013, 02:33:04 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • question is....Did Doc scream at Cato....when he thru that interception?     what the hell

Offline ThunderingHerdFan

« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2013, 02:33:33 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Pennington emphatically yelled at Pruett more than once.

BTW, we scored a TD on the drive Cato was yelling.

If you'd ratherwe have an emotionless QB, you'd complain that he didn't care to win.

Offline 00mag12gaVa

• Junior Varsity
    • Member Since 12/2012
    « Reply #19 on: September 15, 2013, 02:42:18 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Pennington emphatically yelled at Pruett more than once.

BTW, we scored a TD on the drive Cato was yelling.

If you'd ratherwe have an emotionless QB, you'd complain that he didn't care to win.
    I require video documentation to back up you contention that "Penny" jawed Coach P in the exact manner that Cato jawed Coach Doc..or else BS

Online svherd

« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2013, 02:43:12 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Lets just put Fro in. That should solve our issues.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline W0lfman

« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2013, 02:44:42 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • question is....Did Doc scream at Cato....when he thru that interception?     what the hell
    did he?  i wonder if he talked to him at all after that?

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2013, 02:44:42 PM »

Offline Johnnyherd

• Head Coach
    « Reply #22 on: September 15, 2013, 03:44:58 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    I heard a story told by Gene Stallings that several of the Alabama players wanted to wear bandanas on their heads.  Coach Bryant told them he was fine with that but they could only wear one thing on their head.  They could wear the bandana or their helmet...their choice.

Another clever and effect communication technique that Bear used to say was....

Read in southern accent
    "Now boyz if you don't start lissnen.... Imma tell dem boosters to come get all dem Camero's...and if that don't solve it.....den we gon cutca pay 200 a week"

Offline carolinaherdfan

« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2013, 04:43:56 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Another clever and effect communication technique that Bear used to say was....

Read in southern accent
    "Now boyz if you don't start lissnen.... Imma tell dem boosters to come get all dem Camero's...and if that don't solve it.....den we gon cutca pay 200 a week"

Oh Johnny back in the Russell Lee days of basketball this is a fair description.

What John Hollday allowed to happen last night, I don't want to take to my grave. Either get it together Doc, or move over...there are hundreds of people can do what you do, perhaps thousands, and do it better. Talent wise...you amaze me...in fairness we have never had so much talent at one time ever at MU. Bobby Pruett could win The National Champinship with this team. Get it together or resign with some dignity....

Offline Johnnyherd

• Head Coach
    « Reply #24 on: September 15, 2013, 04:50:16 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • First off nothing personal, if you like Bear and you think he ran a clean program, good deal...

I'd like to sell you a bridge, if your interested?           just joking around man           Go Herd!!!

HerdFans.com

« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2013, 04:50:16 PM »