Author Topic: NHR-Tan Man's D  (Read 1915 times)

Offline 00mag12gaVa

• Junior Varsity
  • Member Since 12/2012
NHR-Tan Man's D
« on: January 04, 2013, 11:36:22 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • A-M's D is eating Okie's lunch.....the Tan Man is looking pretty successful...Good Job MS
    No political dreamer was ever wild enough to think of breaking down the lines which separate the States and compounding the American people into one common mass.
    John Marshall (1755 - 1835)

HerdFans.com

NHR-Tan Man's D
    « on: January 04, 2013, 11:36:22 PM »

Offline Banshee

Re: NHR-Tan Man's D
    « Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 11:53:57 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Congrats to M. Snyder, his D at TA&M was awesome.  Not my favorite HC @ MU, but a true son of Marshall, and can't imagine a DC doing any better than he did in that conference+BCS bowl game.  Helluva effort by his guys.  OU put up a crapload of pts. on that team from up north.  Hope it propels his career upward and wish him and his family the best.

Offline jt

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 11:54:26 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • that's the most exposure I've seen this year for a D coord. very interesting.
    And impressive.

did he look as tan as he did while in H ton?.
    Go HERD!!!

Offline Thundering In MD

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2013, 12:03:08 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Sometimes guys can't handle the pressure at a particular point in time.  Sometimes the pressure of being a coordinator feels less than being HC. I'm glad he has found success.
    Twitter:  @ThunderingInMD

Offline MarshallGrad

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2013, 05:31:17 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Sometimes guys can't handle the pressure at a particular point in time.  Sometimes the pressure of being a coordinator feels less than being HC. I'm glad he has found success.

I agree. Sometimes your personality and skills makes you a better coordinator, or for others great recruiter, but not necessarily an average head coach. The Peter Principle applies here.

Offline HerdnClt

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2013, 08:31:40 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Awesome job. He is well placed and should remain there. He has found his niche and should be congratulated.
    "The Herd #1"

Offline gcherd

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2013, 09:02:18 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I wish I could forgive Snyder & Marcum for the ruination of Marshall Thundering Herd football, but I can't....worst HC & AD in the history of college football; having them both here at the same time was very unfortunate. :(

Offline wasbarryb

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2013, 09:12:09 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I wish I could forgive Snyder & Marcum for the ruination of Marshall Thundering Herd football, but I can't....worst HC & AD in the history of college football; having them both here at the same time was very unfortunate. :(

I'm like you in having resentment toward Snyder for sticking around much too long. However I can't even call Snyder the worse HC in Marshall history, little lone the history of college football.

Unfortunately I experienced the Perry Moss error first hand. Snyder was not/ is not head coach material.  Moss was a crook.

Offline gcherd

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2013, 09:37:51 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• Unfortunately I experienced the Perry Moss error first hand. Moss was a crook.

I need to learn more about Marshall football prior to Stan Parrish in 1984 (when the winning began). Of course I know the events surrounding the plane crash, but seasons prior to 1970 & the decade after Lengyel left are something I need to know more about.

Offline wasbarryb

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2013, 09:48:40 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I need to learn more about Marshall football prior to Stan Parrish in 1984 (when the winning began). Of course I know the events surrounding the plane crash, but seasons prior to 1970 & the decade after Lengyel left are something I need to know more about.

Moss had been the head coach of the Charleston Rockets, a semi-pro team. As the Rockets HC he had been very successful. Marshall hired him from the Rockets. Within two years (If I recall the time frame correctly) he had committed something like 130 NCCA violations. We were put on probation for several years and Moss was fired. Moss’s behavior was cited as the reason for throwing us out of the MAC a couple of years later.

Offline marcbuff

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2013, 10:31:59 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • gc and wasbarryb have made valid points which I agree with. I can't seem to forgive Snyder and Marcum either. As an Athletic Director , Ive told my friends I would not hire Snyder for our Junior High Head Coach. Then he goes to A&M and does well. His D beat Alabama more than Mr Football and the offense. The bowl game defense was great by Snyders' defense. As a former Herd player, Im proud for Marks turnaround. Really wish he had worked out at MU. :(

Offline 00mag12gaVa

• Junior Varsity
    • Member Since 12/2012
    « Reply #11 on: January 05, 2013, 12:24:55 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • that's the most exposure I've seen this year for a D coord. very interesting.
    And impressive.

did he look as tan as he did while in H ton?.
    Indeed it did, like a two week Miami (big one) vacation type tan.
    No political dreamer was ever wild enough to think of breaking down the lines which separate the States and compounding the American people into one common mass.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2013, 12:24:55 PM »

Offline MarshallGrad

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2013, 04:59:15 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • gc and wasbarryb have made valid points which I agree with. I can't seem to forgive Snyder and Marcum either. As an Athletic Director , Ive told my friends I would not hire Snyder for our Junior High Head Coach. Then he goes to A&M and does well. His D beat Alabama more than Mr Football and the offense. The bowl game defense was great by Snyders' defense. As a former Herd player, Im proud for Marks turnaround. Really wish he had worked out at MU. :(

So maybe he should have been hired as a DC at Marshall.

Online The Right Stuff

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2013, 05:35:04 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I am happy for MS and his family.

TRS
    MU 71

Offline 00mag12gaVa

• Junior Varsity
    • Member Since 12/2012
    « Reply #14 on: January 05, 2013, 05:37:08 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • So maybe he should have been hired as a DC at Marshall.
    LOL!!!!!  He is most likely making triple his MU salary as a DC at A&M

Offline HERDFAN1999

« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2013, 05:39:39 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I am happy for MS and his family.

TRS
    MU 71

Me, too.  I am glad he is doing well and wish him the best.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.  The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - - Thomas Jefferson

HerdFans.com

« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2013, 05:39:39 PM »