Author Topic: I have a new rule  (Read 2320 times)

Offline _sturt_

I have a new rule
« on: December 02, 2008, 11:44:15 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Which is...

Anyone so obsessed with their own "karma" that they actually say something about it is far too narcissistic and sensitive a person to not be showered with bad karma, insofar as I'm able to contribute to that every 1000 hours. I swear it's becoming like little pubescent girls concerned about what other little pubescent girls think about them.

Geez... c'mon.

"Being cyber-liked" should never take a backseat to saying what needs to be said, regardless of the cybersocial consequences.

Anyone with me?

(Oh, wait.... NOT that I need your validation, or anything... lol.)

HerdFans.com

I have a new rule
    « on: December 02, 2008, 11:44:15 AM »

Offline Slice11

Re: I have a new rule
    « Reply #1 on: December 02, 2008, 11:47:28 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm with ya.  I have a ton of negative points just b/c I don't agree with the vast majority, but I don't care.  They won't change my mind.

Offline Herdrulz29

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2008, 11:53:23 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I made my post because of an earlier one yesterday. I just think it is funny how many people on here care about that stuff. I say what is on my mind and if you want to give me bad karma then who cares. Like the one guy said we are all marshall fans on here and it is your right to voice your opinion, just don't get pissed if that opinion is not yours. Some people on here like snyder, that is their prerogative. I CAN'T STAND SNYDER!!! He is an incompetent coach who should do the right thing and resign.

Offline scherd

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2008, 11:54:09 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • All the karma in the world, positive and/or negative won't get me a cup of coffee unless I have the money to pay for it.

Offline jn4theHERD

• All American
    • Member Since 09/2012
    « Reply #4 on: December 02, 2008, 12:05:39 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'll give you a +1 for this thread! lol ;D

Offline marshalljeff

• All American
    « Reply #5 on: December 02, 2008, 12:07:35 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • sturt, I couldn't agree more.  I hate anything having to do with this karma thing.

Offline Donahoe5

• Rookie
    « Reply #6 on: December 02, 2008, 12:44:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • haha i've said everything i thought and not changed my mind on one bit... i just think it's halarious that everyone one this board accepts the opinions of both sides and this board is so so much better... well posts may not get deleted, but both sides are not accepted... i'm new here, didn't know nething about how karma worked, like whether it came from moderators or people or whether i needed to worry about it... i just knew i hadn't put down any players, hadn't attacked anyone personally, only stated my opinions, and boy mine wasn't good cause i supported the marshall university decision to keep mark snyder, and still do, and will until he doesn't win next year, then i agree... he's has to go, but i think he'll have 7 or 8 wins next season, no its not undefeated, but it is more than pruett had his last year so it is an improvement from where we were when he left... let me repeat, i don't give a damn if u people like me or not, i don't think both sides are accepted on this board, maybe displayed but by no means accepted which doesn't matter to me either, just stating a fact... nothing we can do to make him go away b4 this season, so why not stop pouting like 8 year olds who can't have their toy, and show some support... and yes i know that will not really happen...

Offline dixie10

• Junior Varsity
    « Reply #7 on: December 02, 2008, 01:11:29 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think its funny we post on this but nobody is listening to anything they dont agree with... I would love to see it voted on who wants Snyder retained and how many want him replaced.

Offline Thunderdog

• Practice Squad
    • There's no need to fear......
    « Reply #8 on: December 02, 2008, 01:24:15 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I take great pride in my negative karma points! Keep'm coming!
    A recent government study aimed at determining why one side of the flying V formation geese employ is longer than the other concluded that the longer side had more geese!

Offline dixie10

• Junior Varsity
    « Reply #9 on: December 02, 2008, 01:54:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Just pointing out a fact that you should think about Donahue5, Pruett never once had less than 6 wins in a season. How many conference championships, divisional titles, and bowl wins did Pruett have? I don't think you should even try to compare the two in concerning on field performance.

Offline HerdEcon

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2008, 02:20:33 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Anyone who cares about Karma shouldn't be posting on internet message boards.  Enough said.

Offline banker

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2008, 02:21:40 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • haha i've said everything i thought and not changed my mind on one bit... i just think it's halarious that everyone one this board accepts the opinions of both sides and this board is so so much better... well posts may not get deleted, but both sides are not accepted... i'm new here, didn't know nething about how karma worked, like whether it came from moderators or people or whether i needed to worry about it... i just knew i hadn't put down any players, hadn't attacked anyone personally, only stated my opinions, and boy mine wasn't good cause i supported the marshall university decision to keep mark snyder, and still do, and will until he doesn't win next year, then i agree... he's has to go, but i think he'll have 7 or 8 wins next season, no its not undefeated, but it is more than pruett had his last year so it is an improvement from where we were when he left... let me repeat, i don't give a damn if u people like me or not, i don't think both sides are accepted on this board, maybe displayed but by no means accepted which doesn't matter to me either, just stating a fact... nothing we can do to make him go away b4 this season, so why not stop pouting like 8 year olds who can't have their toy, and show some support... and yes i know that will not really happen...

I give negative karma for run on paragraphs that are hard to read.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2008, 02:21:40 PM »

Offline Donahoe5

• Rookie
    « Reply #12 on: December 02, 2008, 02:34:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • theres 3 dots between every statement or thought, not that hard to read especially for a banker, unless you bought ur degree from wvu! and yes i know pruett never lost more than 6, but he inherited a hell of a team from donnan, had all his scholarships, and those 6 losses came in his last season, which begs for the question did pruett see this coming? you have to think about that too... pruett was considered a genious at marshall, but if he'd gone through this  slump, and i think he also would have had the same bad record because 2, 3, and 4 years ago, the team just wasn't very good... and those were his players. you can't blame no talent on mark snyder, and besides bradshaw we didn't have much.

Offline banker

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2008, 02:46:53 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • theres 3 dots between every statement or thought, not that hard to read especially for a banker, unless you bought ur degree from wvu! and yes i know pruett never lost more than 6, but he inherited a hell of a team from donnan, had all his scholarships, and those 6 losses came in his last season, which begs for the question did pruett see this coming? you have to think about that too... pruett was considered a genious at marshall, but if he'd gone through this  slump, and i think he also would have had the same bad record because 2, 3, and 4 years ago, the team just wasn't very good... and those were his players. you can't blame no talent on mark snyder, and besides bradshaw we didn't have much.

What are you, 14?  I didn't say it was hard to read from a content standpoint, just monotonous and hard to follow from a visual perspective.  Hope I didn't hurt "ur" feelings.

Offline dixie10

• Junior Varsity
    « Reply #14 on: December 02, 2008, 03:09:08 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Pruett didn't have a losing record in 2000, I feel as if your arguement is non-issue due to his leaving. And by no means am I defending his leaving.

My aurguement is that BP wouldn't have had a single loosing record through these years. The teams we've faced lately are on par with what he faced minus some of the BCS schools, 3 in 1 season. However he never got to face one in the JOAN. I think he wins both of those, but we will never know, and for that BP gets a - karma point.

I do know, Snyder is not a good HC.
    « Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 03:31:09 PM by dixie10 »

Offline scherd

« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2008, 03:24:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Donahoe5, I don't care if you are for retaining Snyder or sending him packing but I will say that you are like an eye gnat, irritating as hell but otherwise harmless.

Offline W0lfman

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2008, 05:02:56 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Donahoe I dont understand why you feel the need to bring Bobby Pruett into this.  He has been gone 4 years and had nothing to do with those senseless losses to UAB and UCF.  And another thing ... it might just be me, but I find it very hard to understand your posts.

Offline MU ATO

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2008, 10:39:22 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I dont post here that often, but I do read a lot of stuff on here, and Ive noticed a LARGE amount of people get into this karma thing.

I find it as weird as I do a message board internet nerd war.

The funny thing is that many people argue on these boards to vent or argue or whatever, but if we were all together in a room we would all be cheering on the Herd, and we would all be having a great time.

Offline MU ATO

« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2008, 10:41:04 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Also... How do you even give the karma stuff???

On the CUSAbbs site you can give a karma like rating, but you can click on it and see who left you the good or bad points. Can you do that on here??? or is it anonymous?

Offline W0lfman

« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2008, 01:22:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • 500 post gives you the ability to issue karma points.  And yes most people claim it to be anonymous.   ;)

Offline MU Mike

• All American
    • Member Since 07/2010
    « Reply #20 on: December 03, 2008, 01:51:39 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I give negative karma for run on paragraphs that are hard to read.

I have to agree with Banker and I can't give Karma.

Offline mckayt

« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2008, 08:04:35 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I totally agree with Donahoe.  Why doesn't everybody quit acting like big babies. All this board consists of anymore is people talking about how they're not gonna buy tickets next year and email this person or call this person.  Give it a rest already.  It's over, Snyder is getting the 5th year he was promised.  If he doesn't get it done next year, he will be gone.  We are not Auburn, We are Marshall.  We cannot afford to buy out our coachessssssss, emphasis on plural.  If we fire Snyder, we must let the other two go as well.  Certainly the new coach will want his own coordinators.  Besides, he was promised the ability to follow through with his "5 year plan", so lets do the right thing and give him the chance to fulfill his commitment. 

As far as the Karma thing goes.  That is the most childish thing I have ever seen grown people doing.  Wow!

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2008, 08:04:35 PM »

Offline Big City

« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2008, 08:27:01 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  :o
    IronMan & Multisport Athlete
    2 x American Triple T Finisher
    Celebrated beer drinker

Offline sovine

« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2008, 03:11:33 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm gonna have to become a post whore to get to 500 so I can start handing out some negative karma :)
    Go Herd!

Offline Herd Tattoo

« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2008, 07:31:48 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • _sturt_, I am +0/-0 am I karma neutral? I have no friends and no enemies?
    I know you and GreenSteve are my buds how about a couple of + points.. ;)

HerdFans.com

« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2008, 07:31:48 PM »