Author Topic: Practice Today  (Read 2946 times)

Online Garbanjo

• Benefactors of HerdFans
  • Assistant Coach
  • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
Re: Practice Today
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2018, 09:53:06 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • CJ was not a choice he was a NQ

Yep

HerdFans.com

« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2018, 09:53:06 AM »

Online The Right Stuff

« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2018, 09:56:39 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Who is bringing the Vodka to go along with the donuts? :P  By the way I like mine with the cinnamon sugar.

TRS
    MU 71

The following users thanked this post: herdorbust

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2018, 10:05:20 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Who is bringing the Vodka to go along with the donuts? :P  By the way I like mine with the cinnamon sugar.

TRS
    MU 71

Hey TRS, I think Herdorbust should respect his elders and take care you you, Collis P and me!
    Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth..
                   ----Lou Gehrig

Offline Herd2believe

« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2018, 10:55:07 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • CJ was not a choice he was a NQ

Yes I realize it was kind of an involuntary redshirt, but the concept was the same. The year is good for just about everybody to get a good start in school and develop? Especially the way DD and staff develop these guys

Offline JReese

« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2018, 11:04:46 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • As far as redshirting goes, I’ll leave those decisions to DD. Just wanted to point out that while it may open up a grad transfer situation, I look at CJ as a success story. He got his academics in order the first year. Paid his dues and developed as a reserve his freshman and sophomore year, and became a star as a  junior and looking forward to a great senior season. J. Williams appears to me to be similar.

It was the best thing for Jannson to redshirt. He was able to get a firm grip on college life and academics as well as being a collegiate athlete without the pressure of competing for playing time.
    All I have ever truly wanted to be was a great dad.

Offline chris88

« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2018, 12:14:17 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think you see how it goes this summer and fall and once DD gets an idea about rotation etc you can then determine if a kid needs a RS.  By then, the kid will be able to see where he stands relative to playing time and more likely to accept coaches RS suggestion.  If you get injuries etc you can always pull the RS.  I think most kids would accept RS vs barely playing and wasting a yr.  It's a long way to November.
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

Offline QuickStrike

« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2018, 12:39:40 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Is Thieneman still with the team, and if so does it look like he can contribute some minutes?  How does walkons Murphy and Thomas look?  Any other walkons?

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2018, 12:40:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Hey TRS, I think Herdorbust should respect his elders and take care you you, Collis P and me!

But you guys have all the money!!!!

Offline wasbarryb

« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2018, 01:02:00 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • But you guys have all the money!!!!

Feed em. Love 'em, wipe their butts, and send them a bill. Care taking for old farts don't come cheap.

Offline MUtim

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • All American
    • Member Since 08/2009
    « Reply #34 on: June 08, 2018, 01:48:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Is Thieneman still with the team, and if so does it look like he can contribute some minutes?  How does walkons Murphy and Thomas look?  Any other walkons?
    Theineman doesn't look horrible but he isn't nearly as good as the top 8.  He will get mop up minutes at best IMO. 
    Murphy can shoot, but my goodness he is super thin. He is one of the skinniest human beings I have ever seen.
    Thomas is going to contribute somewhere down the line.  He can shoot and he's got a good motor.  Good body size/thickness for a 6-1 player.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, chris88

Online The Right Stuff

« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2018, 09:23:53 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Us old farts have earned our care takers! I earned a lot having taught 40 years.  But don't take me wrong I really loved what I did.  In some ways I still miss it.  I don't miss getting up at 5:15 and scraping ice off of the windshields.  Yuk. :P

TRS
    MU 71

The following users thanked this post: lovetheherd2, mr_ash_1995, wasbarryb, The E-Man, CoachSkip

Offline CoachSkip

« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2018, 10:18:42 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Us old farts have earned our care takers! I earned a lot having taught 40 years.  But don't take me wrong I really loved what I did.  In some ways I still miss it.  I don't miss getting up at 5:15 and scraping ice off of the windshields.  Yuk. :P

TRS
    MU 71

I know what you mean . I work a swing shift , I can not wait to retire to get on a normal schedule. People who don't work a swing shift have no idea what its like .
    It takes considerable knowledge just to realize the extent of your own ignorance . --- Thomas Sowell
    If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. --- Ronald Reagan
    Character , not circumstances , make the man. --- Booker T Washington
    Bill Nye is an i d i o t
    Ive never killed a mountain lion with my bare hands but Ive choked a few cougars .

HerdFans.com

« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2018, 10:18:42 PM »

Offline lovetheherd2

« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2018, 11:09:04 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0

TRS
    MU 71

TRS, you are still a youngster... I’m MU 1968 but took me five years to get through, wrong major, changed did well working all five years to make it.

Wound up with very good job thanks to placement office and spent 32 good years with very good company in Cincinnati. First 25 years were great, last 7 were survival experience.

Moved to Florida 2006,never looked back.

Your reward & pleasure is getting to watch a great thing happening with Marshall BB practice & games.

Mine is to read your and others reports on practice and expectations. Us folks out of town look first thing every morning for news and comment. Please keep it up and know we ealthy and positive, as Danny says enjoy the ride.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, DallasGreen, chris88, Flat Tire 2, The E-Man, VA Herd Fan

Offline MUPE84

« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2018, 06:19:09 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Just retired after 34 years of teaching elementary P.E.  I really enjoyed those 34 years but it was time to retire.

The following users thanked this post: Buffalo Bop, The E-Man

Offline Herd72

« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2018, 06:29:18 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •   I taught and coached 35 years of middle school. When I had my first student say "You taught my grandpa." I knew it was time to retire. I miss the kids and the coaching but not the bureaucratic paperwork, early mornings and inservice meetings. The kids I had my first year of teaching are eligible for Social Security!

The following users thanked this post: Flat Tire 2, The E-Man, Herdfan2005, herdfan129

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2018, 07:50:05 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •   I taught and coached 35 years of middle school. When I had my first student say "You taught my grandpa." I knew it was time to retire. I miss the kids and the coaching but not the bureaucratic paperwork, early mornings and inservice meetings. The kids I had my first year of teaching are eligible for Social Security!

My wife who retired from teaching middle school for 32 years would agree with you.  ;D

Online coalherd

« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2018, 07:58:08 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • LOL! 72, 84 and BOP, you guys sound like my wife, who retired a few years ago after 35 years in Elementary School, mostly 5th and 6th graders.   Her standard comment now, in struggling to try and recall some of her earlier students she happens to meet is "they were so young then, now they don't even look like themselves"!!  Ditto when it came to all the bureaucratic BS, the paper work, and the incessant, and obsessive, emphasis on "Testing", rather than the actual teaching and learning process!!!

The following users thanked this post: Buffalo Bop

HerdFans.com

« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2018, 07:58:08 PM »