Author Topic: KState and the 1-aa game on the Thursdays??? the first two?  (Read 2865 times)

Offline Marco

• Practice Squad
KState and the 1-aa game on the Thursdays??? the first two?
« on: January 05, 2005, 08:38:47 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • check out the post regarding the call in show.  good post and interesting.

i just hope the games don't go to Thursday.

http://herdnation.com/forums/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=12394

HerdFans.com

« on: January 05, 2005, 08:38:47 AM »

Offline yogiherd

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2005, 12:34:56 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I don't care if the d-1aa game plays on a Thursday because i'm not wasting vacation time to make the trip from KS for a d-1aa. You only have so much vac time and  have to save it for the most interesting games.  

I would hope the K-ST. game would be played on a Saturday so people that live 2-4 hours away could make it to the game along with the other out of staters.
    In God We Trust.
    United We Stand.
    God Bless America.
    go herd!!!

Offline herdman

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2005, 02:10:42 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I won't go to either one if they are on a Thursday. I will have to miss the biggest game in MU Stadium history if they put the KState game on Thursday. Living away from home, one has to decide when to make trips.

Offline Marco

• Practice Squad
    « Reply #3 on: January 05, 2005, 02:15:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • i think you out of towners need to call or email the athletic dept, marcum or pruett to voice your concerns...........

Offline Blade

Pruett and Marcum are listening.
    « Reply #4 on: January 05, 2005, 02:33:35 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "Marco"
    i think you out of towners need to call or email the athletic dept, marcum or pruett to voice your concerns...........

Unfortunately, I think they've been listening to fans and supporters.  Much of the local fanbase misses the 6- home game schedules.  That, plus the fact that last year's OOC was so brutal, I kinda penciled in a 1-AA to start the upcoming season.

Also look for OOC games close to home.  Another one of Marcum's priorities.

Offline yogiherd

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2005, 02:50:23 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Marco
    i think opening up with a d-1aa this coming season is ok. With a new QB and other new starters; a d-1aa team should help getting experience and etc. for them. If the d-1aa  game is on a Saturday--i would miss it because i have to choose the best games  to stretch out the vac time.
    If the K-ST. is on a Thursday; I will be there cause I would have to use vac time anyway for it.
    The fans that live 2-4 hours away and probably didn't plan on having to use vac time to attend the game; the Thursday game hurts them.    

I don't believe the out of state season ticket holders that's 3-5-7 states away will make a huge impact to the thinking of the AD, but ones that live within a 2-4 hour drive of Herdtown would have alot more numbers to make it.    

Coach Pruett doesn't like the notion of K-ST being on a Thursday, but if ESPN  is set on it for a Thursday maybe K-ST could could block the move. K-ST would have to miss at least three days of classes for a Tthursday night game-travel in the day before and travel the day after the game.
    In God We Trust.
    United We Stand.
    God Bless America.
    go herd!!!

Offline WallyHerd

• Rookie
    TV means more than what season tix holders think.
    « Reply #6 on: January 05, 2005, 04:00:54 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The article gave the impression that the KSU game was gonna be on a Thurs. (TV) game.  Therefore the 1AA would be on the previous Thurs. in order to get the proper rest and preparation time for KSU.  I miss the Good ole days when CFB was played on Sats.

Offline marshalljeff

• All American
    « Reply #7 on: January 05, 2005, 04:19:32 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I guess I'm just too big of a fan.  I have a modest job with a modest income.  Yet I save X number of vacation days for Marshall football and travel on a shoestring budget.

If any of you would like tips on how to be a frugal, die-hard, attend-every-game Marshall football fan... I'll be glad to help you out.

Offline yogiherd

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2005, 05:07:38 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • marshalljeff
    There's a lot of reasons that makes it hard for Herd fans to  attend  every game.

It depends on where you live. If someone lives in Cincy, Cleveland, Columbus,  Lexington, Louisville, Pittsburgh or Miami FL, Houston,TX - Monroe, LA and etc..
    Someone  living in Clelveland, OH could attend more games than someone living in Columbia, MO. And the travel costs from Cleveland will be a lot less too.

Some health issues might apply to how long a distance you travel- - doctors might have someone limited to 300-350 miles per day if driving and etc...  More vac time needed to make the trip.  

Also you might have the vac time, but if a co-worker has seniority/tenure and wants the same days --you get bumped.

A lot of times Herd fans' children has activities which is scheduled  the same time as  Herd games.

I'm glad you can make it to all the Herd's games.
    In God We Trust.
    United We Stand.
    God Bless America.
    go herd!!!

Offline marshalljeff

• All American
    « Reply #9 on: January 05, 2005, 05:14:32 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I hear ya yogi.  There is no way that I should do what I do.  I just always seem to find a way.

For example, with my current job, I explained to them during the interview that I was a huge Marshall fan and I would need to miss some weekdays during football season to attend the games.  It has never been a problem.

Trust me, I count my blessings.... but I am quite skilled at traveling to games (home and away) with very little $$$.

Offline carolinaherdfan

I am a Saturday afternoon football fan, BUT.
    « Reply #10 on: January 05, 2005, 06:07:40 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • National TV exposure is the one of the greatest things that has happened to the MARSHALL Program.

The MU/Southern WV, and Tri-State herd support will fill the Joan.

I know I am going out on the limb here, but I am really going to give our fans the benefit of the doubt on this one.

Come on Herd Fans; Let's step-up and show we are ready to become bigtime football fans!

GO THUNDERINGHERD!

HerdFans.com

I am a Saturday afternoon football fan, BUT.
    « Reply #10 on: January 05, 2005, 06:07:40 PM »