Author Topic: Herd Basketball...  (Read 1017 times)

Offline ATHENSHERDFAN

Herd Basketball...
« on: January 19, 2005, 11:02:01 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • IMHO, the team is missing that one guy that will take control of a game, give you 30-38 minutes and score 19-24 pts. per night. We need a Henderson( not on coke) or a Taft...Our leading scorer is avg. 13 pts. and only 2 players in dble figures. Just look at basically every game we've played this season. If we had this one guy, we would probaly have 9-12 wins. Not 3 wins.
    I know most of you don't talk about BBall, but my first Herd event was a Bball game at the old Field House mid-70's. I think it was Old Dominion. Anyway, it pains me to see them so close but so far away.
    HERD FAN FOREVER!

HerdFans.com

Herd Basketball...
    « on: January 19, 2005, 11:02:01 PM »

Offline Mako

Herd Basketball...
    « Reply #1 on: January 19, 2005, 11:22:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It seems like we dig ourselves a big hole in the first half of every game and then try to come back from it.  I wish I knew what the answer was because we seem to be so close but just can't get over the hump.
    "Our founding fathers ... drafted a charter to assure the rule of law and the rights of man, a charter expanded by the blood of generations.  Those ideals still light the world, and we will not give them up for expediency's sake." - Barack Obama Inaugural Address

Offline herdfanstuckinohio

Whatever happened to Skip Henderson?
    « Reply #2 on: January 20, 2005, 12:21:54 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • What a ball player......anyone know?
    The way a team plays as a whole determines its success. You may have the greatest bunch of individual stars in the world, but if they don't play together, the club wont be worth a dime.
    -Babe ruth

Offline marshall fanatic

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Hall of Famer
    • Member Since 02/2004
    Herd Basketball...
    « Reply #3 on: January 20, 2005, 07:40:30 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Merthie will be that guy when he gets here. Everything that I have read makes him sound sweet.
    Not to mention Miles I beleive his name is. In my opinion there are some players on this team that need to go and I can not wait to see them leave.

Offline DJdaHERDfan

BBALL TEAM
    « Reply #4 on: January 20, 2005, 07:42:40 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • These guys are giving their best.

In CUSA, We are gonna need better talented players overall to compete.

I do agree though. We need that one top scorer that can take over a game.
    IT'S TAILGATING SEASON!

Offline Robitt

Skip Henderson?
    « Reply #5 on: January 20, 2005, 05:11:57 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The last we heard it was inmate Henderson.

Offline carolinaherdfan

Herd Basketball...
    « Reply #6 on: January 20, 2005, 10:30:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • K.O. needs to take the same action that Vince Dooley of Georgia took, or the program, IMO may well be lost for years to come.

Next year we lose our backcourt, and a total of what 5-6 players.  We are in trouble.  The support, and attendance is as low as it has been in 40+ years.  Reocord 50-63.  3&1/2 years as a head coach.

The team is not showing improvement, and that alone is an indication we may not have a lot to look foward too.

GO THUNDERINGHERD!

P.S If we can not afford to take this action; then maybe we can't afford the step-up in competition we are making.  Let's hope this is not the case; getting our program to the level we are now striving for has not came easy, and tough decisions are still going to be necessary for all HERD fans to realize the type of athletic program we all deserve, and desire.

HerdFans.com

Herd Basketball...
    « Reply #6 on: January 20, 2005, 10:30:52 PM »