Author Topic: Bradshaw at DB  (Read 889 times)

Offline Herdfan92

• Junior Varsity
Bradshaw at DB
« on: January 12, 2005, 12:41:32 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This is not going to happen.  I don't have any source to quote, but it does not make sense to take your best offensive player (to my understanding, the guy let the team in all purpose yards) and move him over to D.  Our secondary is going to be the strength of the defense next year.  

We lose our top 2 QBs and our top WR.  I don't think we need to do any more rebuilding on offense next year.  With Bradshaw back on O, we can make him the focus of our offense.  If he goes to D, then who would be the focus on O?

HerdFans.com

Bradshaw at DB
    « on: January 12, 2005, 12:41:32 PM »

Offline tito746

• Rookie
    Bradshaw at DB
    « Reply #1 on: January 12, 2005, 01:08:12 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • While it's not going to happen, if Bradshaw did move to CB, then Gerwin Williams and Tony Leath would split carries at RB.  Williams would be the power back, and Leath the speed back.

Offline bbcard1

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    Seem to be continuing
    « Reply #2 on: January 12, 2005, 02:00:30 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • to add quality at the position...someon at one of the game told me that Bradshaw told him that Newsome was the best back we had including everybody and I think he'll be at LB next year.  

That said, you simply cannot have too many backs.  Remember 2000 when Butchie ended up being the stud...we ran through Rogers, Carey, Morrison, Hairston, and a couple others before we got there.  It is a position where it is unfortuately very easy to get hurt.

HerdFans.com

Seem to be continuing
    « Reply #2 on: January 12, 2005, 02:00:30 PM »