Author Topic: Bernard Morris  (Read 918 times)

Offline marshall1123

Bernard Morris
« on: September 16, 2007, 10:03:31 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I wish someone besides myself would give him some credit. I know that he has better wideouts but bernard is making throws he could not make last year. Most of the postings have been calling for Brian Anderson but you can see he is not ready. Bernard was lightyears ahead of him in last weeks game.

HerdFans.com

Bernard Morris
    « on: September 16, 2007, 10:03:31 PM »

Offline Photo by

• Global Moderator
    • Hall of Famer
    Bernard Morris
    « Reply #1 on: September 16, 2007, 10:08:48 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "In another thread I"
    Bernard Morris is a MAN. He came out on one leg and put together one heck of a performance. 31/41 for 417 yards, 3 TDs, and no INTs. Thats hard to do in practice, much less on the field.

Bernard is playing well. He works through his progressions. He throws good passes. He looks off the defenders. He's confident. He's tough as shoe leather. And he did all of the above without a running game to depend on.

"If you count victories in terms of perseverance, commitment, and determination our team went undefeated in ’71."
    ...Jack Lengyel

Online W0lfman

Bernard Morris
    « Reply #2 on: September 16, 2007, 10:11:00 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I give the kid all the credit in the world.  That boy has played the toughest competition of any QB in the history of our program at the same time having the least talented group to throw to.  When you look at who he has lined up against as our a starting QB that alone deserves some damn credit.

Kansas St twice
    Virginia Tech
    WVU twice
    Tennessee
    Miami Fl
    So Miss twice

No other QB in our history has had to play that list of schools.

Offline marshall1123

Bernard Morris
    « Reply #3 on: September 16, 2007, 10:11:01 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • thank you! I am glad you were watching the same game I was because that is exactly what I saw

Offline fullboat

• Junior Varsity
    Bernard Morris
    « Reply #4 on: September 16, 2007, 10:12:12 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • who would have thought we would be 0-3 with a loss to a 1AA team and QB would be one of the few places we aren't bitching about.

Offline Herd-nficent

Bernard Morris
    « Reply #5 on: September 17, 2007, 08:50:50 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • What a shame to on his way to a good year and not only get beat to a pulp in the first two games but to suffer a sidelining injury that will probably last all year.  He plays in pain, and still stands tall.  I am impressed. :-D
    "What we see depends on what we look for"

Offline catbird70

• All American
    Bernard Morris
    « Reply #6 on: September 17, 2007, 09:04:04 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I just said yesterday that he has really come around and I would put his perfromance agasint #3 WVu ahead of Stan Hill's performance against Tennessee.

Ill I can say is that I want him to go full throttle against Cinncy and never look back....I want to bury them with 500+ yards passing...and if Snyder ties his hands and wants to hand the ball off and try to keep it a low scoring game then I will have to turn off the TV.

We need to pull away hard and fast and not look back...none of this trying to score just one more than the opponent...with the way our D is playing we need to score early and often....

This is BMs last season...after struggling the last few years he should be wanting to torch opponents in my opinion...

IM SO UPSET...I WANT TO RUN UP THE SCORE ON CINNY AND THE BIG EAST AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE....

AND WE ALL KNOW THAT WE CAN DO THIS IF COACH LETS BM OPEN IT UP FULL THROTTLE!!!!!!

This would calm the masses and give Snyder some respect back....

LETS DO IT!!!

Offline ThunderValley

Bernard Morris
    « Reply #7 on: September 17, 2007, 09:13:46 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

I think, from reading these threads, that it will take more than a win at Cinn. for Snyder to get the respect of these fans. It will take several wins.

Offline catbird70

• All American
    Bernard Morris
    « Reply #8 on: September 17, 2007, 09:21:52 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "ThunderValley"

I think, from reading these threads, that it will take more than a win at Cinn. for Snyder to get the respect of these fans. It will take several wins.

If we hang 60 points on Cinncy that will be our biggest win of the season....that will take care of a lot of the lack of respect and lack of confidence....imo...

Online Garbanjo

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    Bernard Morris
    « Reply #9 on: September 17, 2007, 10:43:40 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Morris was terrific against WVU and even better against UNH. Too bad Snyder waited til we were down 24 before he got in the game. Brilliant.  :-?

His performance against UNH was Byron-esque, and he deserves mad props for his play in the last two games. He is going to have to put this team on his back if we are going to get things going this year.

Offline Thunderdog

• Practice Squad
    • There's no need to fear......
    State of Herd-affairs...
    « Reply #10 on: September 17, 2007, 11:50:34 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Snyder is NOT the coach that can take us to the next level.  The longer we stick with him, the longer it will be before we make that next step.  :)

Morris is playing much better this year, but he still has trouble seeing his 2nd and 3rd receivers.  He can't run the hurry-up, takes too long to get the plays from his cheat sheet.  A senior should know the plays better.  :shock:

We should remove Smith's redshirt and get him playing time.  There is doubt now that BA is the one, so let's what Smith can do.  You can always redshirt one of them their Soph. year......remember Chad P?  :-D

Defense.....well, we need one, that's all I can say.  :cry:

Bright spots are the receivers and Darrius Marshall.  8-)

I predict 2-10 sadly.   :-?
    A recent government study aimed at determining why one side of the flying V formation geese employ is longer than the other concluded that the longer side had more geese!

Offline BULLHALSEY

Bernard Morris
    « Reply #11 on: September 17, 2007, 12:45:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • 60(sixty)???!!!????
    We better hang 60 points up, because if UNH can put up that many points, we will have to for even a sniff at a win......
    "Fill it up!!  Fill it up again!!  Once it hits your lips, it's so good!!"-Frank the Tank, Old School

HerdFans.com

Bernard Morris
    « Reply #11 on: September 17, 2007, 12:45:27 PM »

Offline banker

Bernard Morris
    « Reply #12 on: September 17, 2007, 01:04:42 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • What makes anyone think we could put 60 up on CIncinnati regardless of play calling?  You could pick an all time Marshall all-star team and have trouble hanging 60 on UC.  In order to score 60 you have to score very fast and you need a D that can get off the field.  You also need to be playing a team with a crappy defense, UC does not have a crappy defense.

Offline catbird70

• All American
    Bernard Morris
    « Reply #13 on: September 17, 2007, 01:33:24 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "banker"
    What makes anyone think we could put 60 up on CIncinnati regardless of play calling?  You could pick an all time Marshall all-star team and have trouble hanging 60 on UC.  In order to score 60 you have to score very fast and you need a D that can get off the field.  You also need to be playing a team with a crappy defense, UC does not have a crappy defense.

It might not be exactly 60...but I have faith that our offense which is passing as well as it has in a long time...will be able to put up a serious amount of points.....40s, 50s, or more....I believe....

Offline BHFIOHIO

I am astounded
    « Reply #14 on: September 17, 2007, 05:07:13 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • that there are still people out there wanting to change QB's after
    what they have seen the last two games............lets change the defense
    and PDQ!

Offline goherd17

Bernard Morris
    « Reply #15 on: September 17, 2007, 07:44:36 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I have said for two yrs bernie did not have the wr core to do the job now he has and it shows.  He has a cannon.  On 4th and 17 he throws a td pass to get us within 6 and we promptly let them return the kickoff 90 yds.  And our defense could not get a stop.  We get one stop in 2nd half and we probably win the game.

HerdFans.com

Bernard Morris
    « Reply #15 on: September 17, 2007, 07:44:36 PM »