Author Topic: Still think our program is headed in right direction?  (Read 447 times)

Offline fullboat

• Junior Varsity
Still think our program is headed in right direction?
« on: September 15, 2007, 10:30:02 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We, including myself, have all been duped into believing that the Marshall program is headed into the right direction.  But the reality is we are basing that on one thing...........recruiting.  But the fact is there is a lot more to building a program than the number of stars by a recruits name.

When we lost to Miami, everyone said it was there tenacious defense and we wouldn't see another like them.  Then they proceded to give up a 50 spot the very next week.
    When we lost to WVU, it was how proud everyone was that they competed.  Refusing to take off the green colored glasses and seeing that we gave 42 points in one half of football.
    Everyone tore into one poster who suggested Appy State's program was curently better than ours.  
    I was called everything including a WVU fan for suggesting that Snyder made a poor decision before the half last week.

Now what?
    Do you still think this is a program headed in the right direction after giving up 48 points and 500 yards on defense against an above average 1AA team that will be on the bubble of the 1AA playoffs?
    Now we could question several things this week including why Bernie didn't come in earlier when he obviously could play (though rest would have been good).  Why did he not take a field goal at the end of the half when we desperately needed points, unlike last week where it was second down with a time out.  But our questions go deeper than this.
    This is his third year in the program, and we have taken steps backward.  Snyder is 9-18 as Head Coach.  He is supposedly a defensive mind yet our defense is awful.  He coaches special teams and our kickoff coverage was the worst i have ever seen.

Now we are the laughing stock of the state.  We will be the butt of jokes from everyone from WVU fans to all of CUSA.  And the sad thing is no one else will even notice we lost because we have become so insignificant on the national level.
    But hey..................look at the recruits he has coming in........right?

HerdFans.com

« on: September 15, 2007, 10:30:02 PM »

Offline 2001grad

• Varsity
    « Reply #1 on: September 15, 2007, 10:33:08 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Nope.

I'm not sold that the cupboard was bare when Purett left as others want you to believer either.

Offline carolinaherdfan

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2007, 10:37:57 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • AMEN!       Mark Snyder told the Huntington Big Green Club at his first meeting as HC that he would guage the MU talent level which he was inheriting as being on par with a Purdue. He said this, not I.

Offline marcbuff

lol
    « Reply #3 on: September 15, 2007, 10:37:58 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • yes, if our goal is to replace Temple as the laughing stock of college football. :-?

Offline WhatsamattaU

• Junior Varsity
    « Reply #4 on: September 15, 2007, 10:40:58 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Excellent post fullboat. I say ditto to every point.

Offline Banshee

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2007, 10:47:33 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "2001grad"
    Nope.

I'm not sold that the cupboard was bare when Purett left as others want you to believer either.

This makes me so mad I could eat my hat, BP said he had his best class ever before he quit, either the old man lost his mind or he had some talent that he was looking forward to coaching up'.  Still a lifer for the herd, but not liking what I'm  seeing..

Offline fullboat

• Junior Varsity
    « Reply #6 on: September 15, 2007, 11:08:00 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It's true though, we base the fact we believe we are headed in the right direction because of recruiting.  But tell me, other than recruiting what makes you think we are headed in the right direction.

Offline fullboat

• Junior Varsity
    « Reply #7 on: September 15, 2007, 11:39:46 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It's been 90 minutes for this post and not one person who tore into me last week about calling Snyder out is saying we are going in the right direction now.  I wouldn't put my mug on here either.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2007, 11:39:46 PM »