Author Topic: Louisvilles Program Vs Marshall's Program  (Read 329 times)

Offline catbird70

• All American
Louisvilles Program Vs Marshall's Program
« on: September 15, 2007, 08:27:25 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Louisville was a good program when before BP....when we had BP...Louisville was still a good program......Louisville went through several coaches but always hired coaches that passed the ball and got fans excited and ticket sales up and high scores and lots of wins....and they still have a coach today that runs a good spread offense....and they are still good.....we use to be comparable to Louisville....I thought the two schools were VERY similar in many respects....
    The difference was that after BP....we went and hired an upproven smash mouth defensive backfield coach from Ohio State?????

Why didnt we continue forward by looking for another BP type coach?  What was the logic or need for the change to a Big Ten sytle team????

We could have continued forward with the legacy.....but we ruined it...

BP would have taken us to 2 more bowl games minimum since he left....and he would have us running for the conference title this year....

HerdFans.com

« on: September 15, 2007, 08:27:25 PM »

Offline 2001grad

• Varsity
    « Reply #1 on: September 15, 2007, 08:33:31 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It really helped that UofL was invited to the BE as well.  UofL used to be our bitch, so it is a little tough seeing them as a top 15 team and us as a bottom 15 team.

Offline Flat Tire

• All American
    Re: Louisvilles Program Vs Marshall's Program
    « Reply #2 on: September 15, 2007, 08:34:47 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: catbird70
    Louisville was a good program when before BP....when we had BP...Louisville was still a good program......Louisville went through several coaches but always hired coaches that passed the ball and got fans excited and ticket sales up and high scores and lots of wins....and they still have a coach today that runs a good spread offense....and they are still good.....we use to be comparable to Louisville....I thought the two schools were VERY similar in many respects....
    The difference was that after BP....we went and hired an upproven smash mouth defensive backfield coach from Ohio State?????

Not a good analogy bubba, UL has an athletic budget that is nearly doubled MU's budget.

Let's just we say we made a mistake hiring your buddy Mark.

Offline catbird70

• All American
    « Reply #3 on: September 15, 2007, 08:37:33 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "Flat Tire"

Hey Mark is a nice guy....I feel bad for him...but he is in over his head and was not a qualified candidate for the job...thats the big secret many dont understand...he never was qualified...and full search was never really done...and his resume was embellished....

Offline Flat Tire

• All American
    « Reply #4 on: September 15, 2007, 08:48:06 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "catbird70"
    Quote from: "Flat Tire"

Hey Mark is a nice guy....I feel bad for him...but he is in over his head and was not a qualified candidate for the job...thats the big secret many dont understand...he never was qualified...and full search was never really done...and his resume was embellished....

The hiring of Snyder is just like the hiring of Donnie Jones, a joke.

Offline vcoach

• Practice Squad
    « Reply #5 on: September 15, 2007, 08:56:11 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • "Not a good analogy bubba, UL has an athletic budget that is nearly doubled MU's budget."

good point but actually WAY more than doubled. i may be wrong but i think i read that they have a budget of about 70-80 million

Offline Flat Tire

• All American
    « Reply #6 on: September 15, 2007, 08:58:33 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "vcoach"
    "Not a good analogy bubba, UL has an athletic budget that is nearly doubled MU's budget."

good point but actually WAY more than doubled. i may be wrong but i think i read that they have a budget of about 70-80 million

Vcoach, I respect your opinion. Were you able to see the game and your thoughts?

Offline The Right Stuff

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2007, 09:03:18 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Hey Flat Tire how can you jump Donnie's case when he hasn't even dressed a team yet.  Sheeeesh!!

TRS
    MU 71

Offline Flat Tire

• All American
    « Reply #8 on: September 15, 2007, 09:10:19 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "The Right Stuff"
    Hey Flat Tire how can you jump Donnie's case when he hasn't even dressed a team yet.  Sheeeesh!!

TRS
    MU 71

Believe me you would be sick if who knew who made third parties inquires about the basketball job.

The problem is that we have some alumni making our hiring decisions. They pay the bills and get their way. It happened in basketball and happened in football.

Offline catbird70

• All American
    « Reply #9 on: September 15, 2007, 09:37:45 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I was skeptical about the DJ thing too....we all saw it months in advance as a big fake search...with DJ as the only real candidate...

He is doing well with recruiting...and i would say he has more experience at running a usefull system....where as Snyder basically knows smash mouth where they just play a conservative slow tempo game and use talent to shut the game down to a crawl....

So, I think we have a better chance with DJ....but....still the search was not real...

Offline vcoach

• Practice Squad
    « Reply #10 on: September 15, 2007, 09:39:49 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    Quote from: "vcoach"
    "Not a good analogy bubba, UL has an athletic budget that is nearly doubled MU's budget."

Vcoach, I respect your opinion. Were you able to see the game and your thoughts?

i was unable to go. dad is back in the hospital. i got to listen to the last 2 minutes of the 1st half and the whole 2nd half here on the internet. hard ot make assumptions from hearing it on the radio so i reserve the right to be wrong about my statements.

our inability to stop them on 3rd down really stuck out to me. at one point they were 9 for 13. did not hear final stat. defense just could not make a play to get off the field. seemed, according to announcer, that there was a lot of missed/broken tackles in the game by the dline. this indicates the lack of size/strength and depth is still a problem, even against a 1AA team.

again, inability to stop the run and put pressure on qb points out the size and lack of depth we have at dline. this will be a problem all year. injuries have killed us at this position. i, obviously, did not see what we tried ot help with this. did we play the safeties close? did we run blitz? do not know, could not see it.

is coaching the problem? i hate to say one way or the other unless i was able to attend practice and observe it. i am too busy watching the game to watch the coaches on the sideline to make statement in that area. will try to watch the sideline next game i go to. i will say we came out in the 2nd half and played great on offense. defense, well you cannot coach size and depth and, as i said earlier, i do not know what we tried (run blitz, etc) to help with that problem.

they appeared to make yds on the toss sweep and cut backs. making yds on cut backs indicates teh inability of lm to "slide" down the LOS and the lbs to get off blocks to pursue. on a sweep, lm and lbs are to slide down the line looking for the cutback, even the ones away from the play.

passing game was good. pass blocking must be better. (again, not there to see it). not much of a run game. since i did not hear most of first half i am not sure if this is due to score of game or inability to block for it.

what really disappointed me was our KO coverage. they had way too many great returns and it seemed they always had great field position. this will be overlooked as a  reason we got kicked.

hard to make comments on lbs and dbacks due to problems on dline. problems on dline affect the rest of the defense negatively.

i know this is very "vanilla" but hard to make judgements on what i heard and did not see.

tks for your kind comments/

Offline Flat Tire

• All American
    « Reply #11 on: September 15, 2007, 09:47:42 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Your post puts things in perspective. I believe you gave up your career to take care of you father. I will keep you and your father in my prayers.

I thank you for your response and maybe it is time for to retire me from these message boards. After all, it is only a game and not life.

May the Good Lord Bless you and keep you.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2007, 09:47:42 PM »

Offline vcoach

• Practice Squad
    « Reply #12 on: September 15, 2007, 09:57:09 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    Your post puts things in perspective. I believe you gave up your career to take care of you father. I will keep you and your father in my prayers.

I thank you for your response and maybe it is time for to retire me from these message boards. After all, it is only a game and not life.

May the Good Lord Bless you and keep you.

again, tks for your kind comments.
    yes, it is only a game, but isn't it a great game! it helps me to stay in contact with it as much as possible, with the message boards, radio, tv, attending games, etc. family is FAR more important, but i still enjoy watching it and reading the boards. i may, one day, get back into it again, who knows. take care and God bless you also.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2007, 09:57:09 PM »