Author Topic: I wonder where we would be....  (Read 908 times)

Offline alumni74

• Varsity
I wonder where we would be....
« on: September 14, 2007, 11:20:53 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • if Haugabook would have came to Marshall. They mentioned it on ESPN 2 during the game with OSU. They said he was coming to Marshall but switched at the last minute so his Mama could watch him play. It looks like he's really taking it to Oklahoma State at the moment.

HerdFans.com

« on: September 14, 2007, 11:20:53 PM »

Offline carolinaherdfan

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2007, 11:23:12 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • (or) if Blakney would have been hired as head coach of The Herd?

Offline herdman

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2007, 11:29:21 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Have you ever heard of Blakney's problems when he was at Auburn?  He made our little problem with the NCAA look minor.

Offline alumni74

• Varsity
    « Reply #3 on: September 14, 2007, 11:56:32 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Yeah, that kinda makes me wonder how Troy can have such good athletes becuase the school itself is kinda yuck... If you know what I mean...

Offline carolinaherdfan

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2007, 12:02:19 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Yep, herdman he's pretty much wrecked the Troy program. He is now in his 17th year at Troy. He has won somewhere in the neighborhood of 128 games after tonights thrashing of Okla. State, who they now presently lead 41-10 in the fourth period, while guiding the Troy program from Div. II, through Div. 1-AA and now in their sixth year as a 1-A football program in the Sun Belt Conference. His only peer in a similar coaching situation is Bowers at So. Miss. The crooked basta/d should be shot!

Offline HerdZone

• Hall of Famer
    • Member Since 12/2009
    Re: I wonder where we would be....
    « Reply #5 on: September 15, 2007, 12:05:13 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "alumni74"
    if Haugabook would have came to Marshall. They mentioned it on ESPN 2 during the game with OSU. They said he was coming to Marshall but switched at the last minute so his Mama could watch him play. It looks like he's really taking it to Oklahoma State at the moment.

Someone put it up a few months ago, Haugabook had the same stats as Morris and Skinner last year.

Offline eastlynnchillidog

• Junior Varsity
    « Reply #6 on: September 15, 2007, 12:14:46 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "HerdZone"
    Quote from: "alumni74"
    if Haugabook would have came to Marshall. They mentioned it on ESPN 2 during the game with OSU. They said he was coming to Marshall but switched at the last minute so his Mama could watch him play. It looks like he's really taking it to Oklahoma State at the moment.

Someone put it up a few months ago, Haugabook had the same stats as Morris and Skinner last year.

That justy shows he was better than the two we had.  If he would have been here, Morris would be a WR.

Offline thunder627

• Rookie
    « Reply #7 on: September 15, 2007, 06:22:25 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Can't live in the past--the time is NOW---GO HERD!!!!!

Offline Flat Tire

• All American
    « Reply #8 on: September 15, 2007, 06:41:35 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "herdman"
    Have you ever heard of Blakney's problems when he was at Auburn?  He made our little problem with the NCAA look minor.

His problem is why he will probably spend his entire career at Troy. No one wants to touch him after the problem at Auburn. Troy took a chance on him because it was a Division II school at the time they hired him. Blakney couldn't find a job in Division I after he left Auburn, he was an outcast in college coaching.

Most NCAA members are very unforgiving when it comes to hiring cheaters. If you don't think that is true, look at what happened to the careers of some  of our ex-coaches.

Offline AtlTom

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • All American
    • Since 02/2009
    « Reply #9 on: September 15, 2007, 08:14:34 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It looks like Omar put up some pretty good numbers

http://www.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/stories/091507aab.html
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."
    Frederic Bastiat

Offline TomorrowHERD

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2007, 08:17:30 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Didn't he sign like 14 NQ's or JUCO's or something like that this year?

"I am for a government that is rigorously frugal and simple. Were we directed from Washington when to sow, when to reap, we should soon want bread."
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not."
    "I predict future hapiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."-Thomas Jefferson
    http://www.cnmi-guide.com/ipg/islandlife/saipan2/

Offline marshallsoccer

• Heisman
    « Reply #11 on: September 15, 2007, 08:35:55 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • 2006 Regular Season Stats
    OMAR: 217 of 365 (59%) for 2,187 yards, 17 TD, 16 INT
    BERNIE: 116 of 188 (62%) for 1,346 yards, 8 TD, 12 INT

2007 Stats (before last night's game)
    OMAR: 44 of 95 (46%) for 487 yards, 3 TD, 2 INT
    BERNIE: 33 of 55 (64%) for 418 yards, 2 TD, 3 INT

The only thing Omar has on Bernie so far is an ability to stay healthy, and to play in essentially a 1-AA conference.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2007, 08:35:55 AM »

Offline Dori

• Practice Squad
    « Reply #12 on: September 15, 2007, 08:59:11 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Omar wanted a guarantee to be starting quarterback.  Coach would not guarantee anything to Omar, but Troy did guarantee him the starting position.

Offline herdman

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2007, 09:44:34 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Carolina,

I don't doubt he is not a good coach. He just got in a lot of trouble and Auburn, literally caught red handed.  Troy hired him, as pointed out, because they could take that chance. That might be also part of the reason he is still there.  We did ok because we hired Jim Donnan at the time.

Offline HerdZone

• Hall of Famer
    • Member Since 12/2009
    « Reply #14 on: September 15, 2007, 10:12:30 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "eastlynnchillidog"
    Quote from: "HerdZone"
    Quote from: "alumni74"

That justy shows he was better than the two we had.  If he would have been here, Morris would be a WR.

Same stats as Morris and Skinner, not combined

Quote from: "TomorrowHERD"
    Didn't he sign like 14 NQ's or JUCO's or something like that this year?

Half if not more then each of his IA classes have been Maxed out on NQers and JuCos. If you ever look he very rarely has a Prep player.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2007, 10:12:30 AM »