Author Topic: Herd progress  (Read 681 times)

Offline thunder627

• Rookie
Herd progress
« on: September 12, 2007, 03:29:03 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • There is no doubt that the Herd will win and soon. Actually I think if you look at the game objectively the Herd has made more progress this year than wvwho from last year--it is just a matter of time and sooner than wvwho would want to admit.

HerdFans.com

Herd progress
    « on: September 12, 2007, 03:29:03 PM »

Offline RIVER HERD

• Junior Varsity
    Herd progress
    « Reply #1 on: September 12, 2007, 03:53:48 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Dis we just play over our heads last saturday...? I say this weekend will be when the rubber hits the road. Will the coaches have them UP for the game...? I really don't know yet. We wil see.

Offline ZackUSAF82

• Franchise Owner
    • Member Since 02/2009
    Herd progress
    « Reply #2 on: September 12, 2007, 04:02:01 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "RIVER HERD"
    Dis we just play over our heads last saturday...? I say this weekend will be when the rubber hits the road. Will the coaches have them UP for the game...? I really don't know yet. We wil see.

We better not come out like we did against Hofstra last year.  You think Hofstra can throw the ball, well the Santos kid for UNH is wayyyy better than Hofstra's QB was...  Given UNH lost their star WR, but we gotta be ready to stop the pass.  They don't run the ball well so we should be dropping 5-6 and maybe even 7 some times into coverage.  Blitz early and often and get them on their heels.  We need to D to play well so if Morris can't start then Anderson has time to settle in.
    GO HERD!!!

Offline DJdaHERDfan

Herd progress
    « Reply #3 on: September 12, 2007, 04:11:20 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I tell you what, I predicted a close score because I too think the HERD played over their heads against WVU.

This Saturday will tell the tale.

I think we will see more of the same simple mistakes.
    illegal formations, illegal procedures, false starts, 12 men on the field, holding on big plays, offsides on defense.
    Plus the turnovers........muffed punts, fumbling on a good drive, INTs

Especially now that we have a greener QB in Anderson who will have to get in a rythm to do well.
    Now if he comes out and is lights out awesome, then we should roll. But I think he comes out and is slowly put into the passing game by our coaching staff. He won't throw until 3rd down situations.
    IMO  That will slow the game down and keep NH in it until the 4th quarter.
    By the late second half, Anderson will be in a rythm and the offense should be clicking enough to pull out the win.

NH is no slouch folks.
    Dont let their loss last week fool ya.

Just like we got UP for WVU. They will GET UP FOR MU.

Our team better be focused and ready.
    IT'S TAILGATING SEASON!

Offline Thunders

Herd progress
    « Reply #4 on: September 12, 2007, 04:24:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I predict a low scoring game as well. I really think though that had Morris not gotten hurt our offense would have been on all cylinders and would have blown NH out of the water. Now that he is hurt it will affect the psych of the team and the rhythm because they are working with a new QB. Anderson doesn't excite me much. Arm strength is compared to Skinner in my book and that isn't good. I bet we try and run a lot to win this game and throw short dump off passes. NH will keep it closer than we want and will look on the scoreboard. Won't help our rep out any this weekend I don't think.
    Yoda says:    Blow the Mountaineers do!!

Offline slither

• Rookie
    Herd progress
    « Reply #5 on: September 12, 2007, 05:27:12 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I don't think the Herd played over their heads.  When you say this it makes me wonder what color you actually wear.  Yeller and Blue maybe.  I see a vast improvement in our play.  Snyder is getting his type of player in here and they should be able to play with anyone.  Next year and the following year I want to hear the comments.  Oh, I guess we will playong over our heads.  Give me a break!  GO HERD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline marshall1123

question
    « Reply #6 on: September 12, 2007, 05:34:20 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Will you be there? I think if you are doubting the herd then come out and cheer them on. I will be there!!!!!! If you think you don't matter then just read the quote from last weeks game by Maurice Kitchens. SHOW UP IN GREEN AND SUPPORT THIS TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!

LET'S GO HERD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline RIVER HERD

• Junior Varsity
    Herd progress
    « Reply #7 on: September 15, 2007, 08:44:07 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Look's like the rubber met the road !!!! I knew the coaches could not have this team ready to play. Going to be a long season............ :oops:

Offline Thunder Struck

• Junior Varsity
    Herd progress
    « Reply #8 on: September 15, 2007, 08:50:33 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Its gonna be a long road the next several seasons ... I dont see it ... Ive never saw it with Snyder ... he simply cant controll the coaching duties over an entire program ... nothing personal against the guy ... but this is business

HerdFans.com

Herd progress
    « Reply #8 on: September 15, 2007, 08:50:33 PM »