Author Topic: The main thing....  (Read 564 times)

Offline extragreen

• WaterBoy
  • Heisman
The main thing....
« on: September 12, 2007, 01:32:20 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • that I've gotten from the two games thus far. I know we lost both of our games, and both by a fairly lopsided score. Neither of those scores in my opinion sums up how the games unfolded. I'm not happy with losses, never have been, never will be. However, after watching the Miami game on TV and the WVU game in person, I have after a few days of thought, just realized this evening what has been lurking just back of my head. I saw something particularly in this last game something that I hadn't seen in quite some time, so long that it took me a while to realize what it was. What I saw may not last long, or it may last for several years. But it can be summed up in one word, the only word I can come up with to describe it. Our football team had Presence. Did anyone else see and feel this, if you understand what I mean?
    Your self-determinism and honor are more important than your immediate life.

HerdFans.com

The main thing....
    « on: September 12, 2007, 01:32:20 AM »

Offline bbcard1

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    agreed
    « Reply #1 on: September 12, 2007, 07:37:33 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I wear exceptionally green glasses, but after AMac went down and we had some DL attricion, I was ready to sit through a very long season.  I like the way  this team looks, though.  The scores have been indicitive of our lack of depth,  but our depth matches up fine with everyone else on our schedule.  I honestly think that a Top 25 finish next year is realistic.
    As for this year,  every game left on our schedule will be tough but winable.  There is exceptional parity in CUSA and small things will make the diffrence in who wins it...but if we take the lessons we have learned from the first two games and apply them to the remainder of the season, we have a lot of upside.

I would love to finish Sept 2-2, though it is going to be a tall order. But Cindy hasn't played the teams we have thus far.  I think New Hampshire will be a sturdy challenge, but we might be on the other side of the depth/size thing.  In the conference, I am always worried about road games as we have not played well...but as you say, this is a different team.  ECU and SM are huge challeges, but the home crowd will get their opportunity to shine.

Offline goherd50

The main thing....
    « Reply #2 on: September 12, 2007, 02:46:03 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I wasn't big on Cincy before the season, but their thrashing of Oregon State was impressive.  OSU is no slouch.  At least they weren't supposed to be.

Offline marshallsoccer

• Heisman
    The main thing....
    « Reply #3 on: September 12, 2007, 03:01:46 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "goherd50"
    I wasn't big on Cincy before the season, but their thrashing of Oregon State was impressive.  OSU is no slouch.  At least they weren't supposed to be.

thrashing? it was a completely sloppy game, oregon state had 7 turnovers, very few were "forced" but just were sloppy plays by oregon state that uc did a good job of taking advantage of.

uc has a solid defense, but a below average offense.

Offline goherd50

The main thing....
    « Reply #4 on: September 13, 2007, 02:02:21 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I didn't watch the game, but 30+ to 3 represents a thrashing in my book.  Maybe the travel affected OSU's team.

Offline marshallsoccer

• Heisman
    The main thing....
    « Reply #5 on: September 13, 2007, 02:18:00 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "goherd50"
    I didn't watch the game, but 30+ to 3 represents a thrashing in my book.  Maybe the travel affected OSU's team.

With 5 mins left to go in the game UC had 170 passing yards and -1 rushing yards. Oregon State gave them a few turnovers, and UC forced a couple more. OSU had 7 turnovers (I think). The fact that OSU had 7 turnovers and UC only managed 34 points says a lot, it was a very sloppy game.

HerdFans.com

The main thing....
    « Reply #5 on: September 13, 2007, 02:18:00 PM »