Author Topic: Any word on....  (Read 1112 times)

Offline Thundering Accountant

• Varsity
Any word on....
« on: September 10, 2007, 11:16:12 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Vinny Curry? Has a ruling been made yet?

T.Thompson? Has he returned to the team yet?

Edmondson? Will he play this week despite the concussion?

Matthews? Could he possibly play this week?

HerdFans.com

Any word on....
    « on: September 10, 2007, 11:16:12 PM »

Offline HerdinKY

Any word on....
    « Reply #1 on: September 11, 2007, 09:00:58 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • As far as Curry there has been no word announced yet.  TT I have no clue about yet.  W/ Edmondson I would say yes but that is based on them saying Sat. that it was possible that he could come back in the 2nd half of the WVU game.  That may have been before they knew it was a concussion though.  I'm not sure of the degree of the concussion but if it wasn't a major one he should be good to go.  Mathews will be back by Cincy at the earliest but more than likely Memphis will be his 1st game back.  He will have some reconditioning to do before he sees the field again.
    When "Thunderstruck" starts its too late!

Offline ThunderZone

Any word on....
    « Reply #2 on: September 11, 2007, 10:43:15 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • TT is still shaken up ... Which is understandable to say the least.

It may take a little while before he is ready/ able to fully concentrate on the football part of his life ...

My heart goes out to the young man ... He's been through one hell of a rough stretch over the last year ...

Offline HERDFAN1999

Any word on....
    « Reply #3 on: September 11, 2007, 01:09:33 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "ThunderZone"
    TT is still shaken up ... Which is understandable to say the least.

It may take a little while before he is ready/ able to fully concentrate on the football part of his life ...

My heart goes out to the young man ... He's been through one hell of a rough stretch over the last year ...

Wow, I just can't imagine going through that at his age.  He is a resiliant young man.  We just have to show him he has family at Marshall.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.  The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Thunders

Any word on....
    « Reply #4 on: September 11, 2007, 01:19:33 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Sometimes the best thing to do though is get back in there and play to take your mind off things. The more you sit around and mope and think about stuff the more of a rut you get into. Snyder needs to encourage him to get back out there. That is the best medicine you can get is get your mind off it. What a better way to do it than to play football with your family of football buddies!!   If he is not playing his mind will be getting further and further away from football.
    Yoda says:    Blow the Mountaineers do!!

Offline Photo by

• Global Moderator
    • Hall of Famer
    Any word on....
    « Reply #5 on: September 11, 2007, 01:25:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "Thunders"
    ..The more you sit around and mope and think about stuff the more of a rut you get into. Snyder needs to encourage him to get back out there....

Every situation is different but that is very true at some point in the grieving process the fact that life goes on becomes the best healing medicine. I don't know all the particulars for TT but when the time is right football and his teammates will be the best thing for him. What his contribution to the team is at this point is of minor consequence.

"If you count victories in terms of perseverance, commitment, and determination our team went undefeated in ’71."
    ...Jack Lengyel

Offline BULLHALSEY

Any word on....
    « Reply #6 on: September 11, 2007, 02:00:06 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • What happened to T. Thompson?  I must have missed something....
    "Fill it up!!  Fill it up again!!  Once it hits your lips, it's so good!!"-Frank the Tank, Old School

Offline wasbarryb

Any word on....
    « Reply #7 on: September 11, 2007, 02:11:58 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "BULLHALSEY"
    What happened to T. Thompson?  I must have missed something....

As I read the thread I was about to the post the samething you have..

How about you people in the know cluing the rest of us in, if you can decuss "it", you should be willing to reveal it. :P

Offline ThunderZone

Any word on....
    « Reply #8 on: September 11, 2007, 02:18:12 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "wasbarryb"
    Quote from: "BULLHALSEY"
    What happened to T. Thompson?  I must have missed something....

As I read the thread I was about to the post the samething you have..

How about you people in the know cluing the rest of us in, if you can decuss "it", you should be willing to reveal it. :P

TT's mother recently passed a way.

Offline ThunderZone

Any word on....
    « Reply #9 on: September 11, 2007, 02:21:46 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "Thunders"
    Sometimes the best thing to do though is get back in there and play to take your mind off things. The more you sit around and mope and think about stuff the more of a rut you get into. Snyder needs to encourage him to get back out there. That is the best medicine you can get is get your mind off it. What a better way to do it than to play football with your family of football buddies!!   If he is not playing his mind will be getting further and further away from football.

In some cases that may be true ... This is a uniquely tough situation for TT ... Different than most ... Especially for a 19 year old.

Offline wasbarryb

Any word on....
    « Reply #10 on: September 11, 2007, 02:36:38 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "ThunderZone"
    Quote from: "Thunders"
    Sometimes the best thing to do though is get back in there and play to take your mind off things. The more you sit around and mope and think about stuff the more of a rut you get into. Snyder needs to encourage him to get back out there. That is the best medicine you can get is get your mind off it. What a better way to do it than to play football with your family of football buddies!!   If he is not playing his mind will be getting further and further away from football.

In some cases that may be true ... This is a uniquely tough situation for TT ... Different than most ... Especially for a 19 year old.

Very true TZ.

Lost my Dad at the age of 14.

Snyder shuld be supportive of Thompson, but the kid needs time to heal and adjust at his own rate. There are a lot of things far more important in life than football and Thompson's going through one of them right now.

Offline MUfan08

Any word on....
    « Reply #11 on: September 12, 2007, 01:34:58 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Smock wrote in his blog that Thompson would return this week for practice. So I'm guessing he intends to play Saturday.

HerdFans.com

Any word on....
    « Reply #11 on: September 12, 2007, 01:34:58 AM »

Offline AmeriKenny

• Junior Varsity
    Any word on....
    « Reply #12 on: September 12, 2007, 02:33:04 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm just glad Cody Slate was able to play despite the injury that he had in the preseason.

HerdFans.com

Any word on....
    « Reply #12 on: September 12, 2007, 02:33:04 AM »