Author Topic: Snyder throws Darius M. under the bus........  (Read 2486 times)

Offline herdinphilly

Snyder throws Darius M. under the bus........
« on: September 10, 2007, 09:16:40 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This has probebly already been posted but I found Snyder's and Morris' quotes (Daily Mail)about Marshall's fumble costing them the game to be reprehensible!  Number 1: Morris chastising a team mate about taking care of the ball is a joke.  Number 2: Snyder needs to stop throwing his freshman under the bus.  He's the one who's 9-16 and has cost us games with his game planning and decision making.  Others may read the remarks differently but I think they were way off base.

HerdFans.com

« on: September 10, 2007, 09:16:40 PM »

Offline Blood & Thunder

• Junior Varsity
    « Reply #1 on: September 10, 2007, 09:35:42 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I read the article and I disagree with you.  I don't think anything that was said was out of line.

Offline wasbarryb

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2007, 09:40:55 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Haven't seen the D-M article, but I think you'll find similar discuusion at http://www.herdfans.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=18849

Offline ThunderValley

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2007, 09:46:42 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  

Offline Swami Sam

• Junior Varsity
    « Reply #4 on: September 10, 2007, 09:49:30 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Sounds like throwing him under the bus to me.

Just ask Marshall Coach Mark Snyder.

"We fumbled the football and that turned the momentum of the game around," said Snyder. "I think that was the turning point. I know it was the turning point. We blinked, they didn't.

"We coughed up the ball and didn't match the scoring and, all of a sudden, it got tilted. We had to start doing things that we don't want to do. We turned the ball over, so now the score is a little lop-sided. We're scoring, but we're not taking the lead. We're still behind."

The irony is it was Marshall's first fumble since becoming a member of MU's program.

"You know, it's his first fumble since he's been in camp," said Snyder with chagrin edging his voice. "His first fumble. What a day to have it."

Don't blame a freshman running back for your lack of making the proper adjustments on offense and defense.

Offline herdinphilly

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2007, 09:50:10 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "Blood & Thunder"
    I read the article and I disagree with you.  I don't think anything that was said was out of line.

Under normal circumstances I would agree.  But I think he was unfairly singled out.  He's a head coach and Morris is a 5th year senior.  They've both CHOKED numerous times.  To put this defeat on that kid was, in my opinion, ridiculous.

Snyder:
    "We fumbled the football and that turned the momentum of the game around," said Snyder. "I think that was the turning point. I know it was the turning point."

Morris:
    "I told him he's a bigtime player," said Morris. "You can't have mess-ups like that. We're expecting a lot out of a kid like him. I told him that he has to protect the football."

Offline Thunders

« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2007, 09:53:06 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I just think it will make the kid work harder to not screw up again. I would be upset also. You have to make a kid like that understand that is not acceptable. He will improve on it and will be better.
    Yoda says:    Blow the Mountaineers do!!

Offline herdinphilly

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2007, 09:57:47 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "Thunders"
    I just think it will make the kid work harder to not screw up again. I would be upset also. You have to make a kid like that understand that is not acceptable. He will improve on it and will be better.

Just don't think he had to use the media to single him out, nor did I agree with benching him.  But hey, he's the coach, therefore he coaches.  I'm an internet poster and fan, therefore I have an opinion and post it.

Offline Thundering Accountant

• Varsity
    « Reply #8 on: September 10, 2007, 09:58:25 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Was the fumble not the turning point in the game?

He never said Marshall lost the game for us. He just said that play caused the momentum to switch.

Morris calls him a big time player and you say he is bashing Marshall?

Some of you really need to chill.

Offline parshall2marshall

Reminds me exactly
    « Reply #9 on: September 10, 2007, 09:58:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • of the "cartoon" ( not funny ) I once saw where
    the two kids that made the first and second outs of the
    last inning were in the face of the kid that made the last out.

Hello ! But not the first time Snyder and BMorris quotes have
    irritated me. And probably not the last time.

Got to remember that BMorris had 5 picks + open field fumble
    in his last two starts and put up 10 total points ( granted he
    shared a few series with Skinner and BAnderson in those
    8 quarters ).

Since we bleed green we must support them ... but they
    have me shaking my head at times.

The fumble was not the turning point. Bad stuff happens.
    The turning point was not trying something, anything, to
    stop the WVU 2nd half rushing attack. If nothing else they
    pass it and score quick and we have time to rest and regroup
    and plot strategy while our O is back on the field.

Letting them run of 8, 9 15 yard clips at a time - just like
    last year - that was insane. Go to a 5 man line, stunt, or a 4-4.
    Roll a DE back into coverage at the last second, anything
    to stuff the box and give some looks. My goodness.

Blaming a kid for a fumble as a turning point, good grief.

I remember an old post of mine, half in tears, where I was
    recounting Byron's pick off the bench in 1998 MACC.
    As he was coming off the field someone on our D got right
    facemask to facemask. I know he didn't say "You're terrible"
    or "You just cost us the game, what were you thinking?".

He said something entirely different I'd bet, only Byron could tell
    me what was said to him and I don't know Byron.
    But I believe that there was time when Marshall Football
    was played and coached by real men who took accountability
    for their actions. Don't ask me what I see now. Just don't.

p2m
    The forever FREE way to Build Sales Funnels and sell Digital Products online. Build free web sites of all kinds without programming. No credit card needed. Limited time.

https://groovepages.groovesell.com/a/gD4OhvmchDoe

Offline ThunderValley

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2007, 09:59:02 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Marshall has the tools to be a great back

Offline herdinphilly

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2007, 10:00:34 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "Young Herdman"

Some of you really need to chill.

I've been chilling for 2 1/2 years..............

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2007, 10:00:34 PM »

Offline Huffnagel

« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2007, 10:04:55 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Then you better buckle down, because this ride is just starting! The talent is being brought in, the team is improving! It's not going to happen over night people, so don't expect it!
    It's Great Being a Thundering Herd Football Fan!!!

Follow Us on Twitter!
    Follow HerdFans on Twitter @HerdFans_

Follow Us on Facebook!
    Follow HerdFans on Facebook @realHerdFans

Offline carolinaherdfan

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2007, 10:07:32 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Actually the turning point in the game imo was due to the herd fans not getting back into the stadium before the second half began. Our team was feeding off of their energy, and the energy was not there to begin the second half. The fumble has been signaled out by many an observer including our leadership as being a possibility for the major turning point, and it definetly is when the momentum and intensity level switched sides, but if the fans had still been into the game and given the MU defense a bigtime energy lift at this time, I believe the mistake at midfield may not have been the turning point. As Snyder said, "it was the first one that blinked, and we blinked first; it was just our fanbase did the blinking, imo.

Offline Huffnagel

« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2007, 10:12:12 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Now CHF, you know that the fans didn't do anything wrong. It had to be the coaches or the players, or the refs, or the trainers, or the parents for not teaching their sons to be a better football player! But never the fans, because they know it all and are always right! (sarcasm turned off now)
    It's Great Being a Thundering Herd Football Fan!!!

Follow Us on Twitter!
    Follow HerdFans on Twitter @HerdFans_

Follow Us on Facebook!
    Follow HerdFans on Facebook @realHerdFans

• Varsity
    « Reply #15 on: September 10, 2007, 10:17:08 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "ThunderValley"
    Marshall has the tools to be a great back

I blame Snyder for recruiting him.

Offline alumni74

• Varsity
    Re: Snyder throws Darius M. under the bus........
    « Reply #16 on: September 10, 2007, 10:33:04 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: herdinphilly
    This has probebly already been posted but I found Snyder's and Morris' quotes (Daily Mail)about Marshall's fumble costing them the game to be reprehensible!  Number 1: Morris chastising a team mate about taking care of the ball is a joke.  Number 2: Snyder needs to stop throwing his freshman under the bus.  He's the one who's 9-16 and has cost us games with his game planning and decision making.  Others may read the remarks differently but I think they were way off base.[/quote

Your right,  I read it differently... Snyder is instilling displine, team values, and a need to be consistant both on and off the field. I also think it is right in line with everything it takes to be a champion. I think the best thing about him is he doesn't run a laz-a-fair program like in the past every little detail counts for something. Smart move on his behalf. Marshall is a resilient kid and will bounce right back.

Offline marshall fanatic

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Hall of Famer
    • Member Since 02/2004
    « Reply #17 on: September 10, 2007, 10:38:23 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Young herdman there where a lot of teams that wanted Marshall and we got him. He is a great back and glad he is here. Shame you where not recruited or are you mad cause he is starting over someone from Danville Ky that is on the team.
    Second some of you must not have watched Marshall Football today. Darius even stated himself that he should have never fumbled. So no Snyder did not throw him under the bus.  Someone is always trying to stir the pot on here. If you dont like Snyder fine, but do not come on here day in and day out and say it on everyone post. This is getting very childish.

• Varsity
    « Reply #18 on: September 10, 2007, 10:40:56 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I was being sarcastic. Geez. Everyone blames Snyder for anything wrong in the program so I thought I would make my own wild and outlandish complaint.

Read my previous post in the thread. I defended Snyder.

Read my last several posts on the board. I have defended Snyder in all of them.

Offline extragreen

• WaterBoy
    • Heisman
    « Reply #19 on: September 10, 2007, 10:44:39 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Will someone please explain why you bench a RB for a fumble, but don't bench someone for 1 interception, 1low snap, 1 dropped pass, 1 missed field goal, 1 bad punt, and 1 missed tackle? I'd like a legitimate answer to the question because if coach did this at other positions, we wouldn't have enough players by half time to field a team.
    Your self-determinism and honor are more important than your immediate life.

Offline alumni74

• Varsity
    « Reply #20 on: September 10, 2007, 10:46:47 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "herdinphilly"
    Quote from: "Blood & Thunder"
    I read the article and I disagree with you.  I don't think anything that was said was out of line.

Under normal circumstances I would agree.  But I think he was unfairly singled out.  He's a head coach and Morris is a 5th year senior.  They've both CHOKED numerous times.  To put this defeat on that kid was, in my opinion, ridiculous.

Snyder:
    "We fumbled the football and that turned the momentum of the game around," said Snyder. "I think that was the turning point. I know it was the turning point."

Morris:
    "I told him he's a bigtime player," said Morris. "You can't have mess-ups like that. We're expecting a lot out of a kid like him. I told him that he has to protect the football."

Well, that the way Snyder does it and Marshall is the starting tailback because of it. Small and Turner both have put the ball on the turf in practice therefore Marshall is the starter. He may not start the first play of the game, but he's our #1 tailback. You want to lose your starting spot, put the ball on the turf and your out.

Offline marshall fanatic

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Hall of Famer
    • Member Since 02/2004
    « Reply #21 on: September 10, 2007, 10:47:16 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Sorry young herdman.
    Well it could be maybe he was tired. Or he needed to learn a lesson. Remember he is still only 18 yrs old playing in his 2nd collegiate game.  All we need to worry about is winning the CUSA.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2007, 10:47:16 PM »

Offline alumni74

• Varsity
    « Reply #22 on: September 10, 2007, 10:49:10 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "extragreen"
    Will someone please explain why you bench a RB for a fumble, but don't bench someone for 1 interception, 1low snap, 1 dropped pass, 1 missed field goal, 1 bad punt, and 1 missed tackle? I'd like a legitimate answer to the question because if coach did this at other positions, we wouldn't have enough players by half time to field a team.

The only way to explain it is thats the standard RB's are held to.. Thats the way its always been.

• Varsity
    « Reply #23 on: September 10, 2007, 10:49:41 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "extragreen"
    Will someone please explain why you bench a RB for a fumble, but don't bench someone for 1 interception, 1low snap, 1 dropped pass, 1 missed field goal, 1 bad punt, and 1 missed tackle? I'd like a legitimate answer to the question because if coach did this at other positions, we wouldn't have enough players by half time to field a team.

Valid question. But, and I may be mistaken, didn't Marshall fumble a Morris pitch eariler in the game? If so, that would be two fumbles and an obvious benching.

Offline sdfgoherd

• All American
    « Reply #24 on: September 10, 2007, 10:49:42 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "carolinaherdfan"
    Actually the turning point in the game imo was due to the herd fans not getting back into the stadium before the second half began. Our team was feeding off of their energy, and the energy was not there to begin the second half. The fumble has been signaled out by many an observer including our leadership as being a possibility for the major turning point, and it definetly is when the momentum and intensity level switched sides, but if the fans had still been into the game and given the MU defense a bigtime energy lift at this time, I believe the mistake at midfield may not have been the turning point. As Snyder said, "it was the first one that blinked, and we blinked first; it was just our fanbase did the blinking, imo.

For the #3 team in the country to come to the Joan I was amazed that the chairbackers and west-siders couldn't give up a beer and cig to come back for the start of the second half. This is typical for Marshall crowds but for this game I somehow expected something different.

I think we need a no return policy once you leave the stadium during the game.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2007, 10:49:42 PM »