Author Topic: Freshly painted steps at the Joan  (Read 1056 times)

Offline goherd73

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, sardistim, mr_ash_1995, biggreenarms, Buffalo Bop, MUsince96, The E-Man

HerdFans.com

Freshly painted steps at the Joan
« on: July 26, 2022, 04:53:37 PM »

Offline wesnky

Re: Freshly painted steps at the Joan
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2022, 07:31:57 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Its nice that Spears has seen the need for maintenance , just the basic stuff.  In my mind it shows how bad MH ran the Athletic Dept at Marshall.  My gosh, how a fresh coat of paint and some pressure washing inspires the fan base. 

Hammy had absolutely no vision, inspiration, or ambition other than his pay check.  What an awful AD.

Thank goodness we have Mr Spears to lead. Hopefully he and Mr Huff stick around a few years.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, svherd, The E-Man

Online herd2win

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2022, 07:39:37 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Hamrick was not a bad AD at all.  He had more facilities built than previous ADs and his football schedules were good.

The following users thanked this post: Big City, Always THE HERD, ed swain

Offline elginherd

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2022, 07:50:34 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Hamrick was not a bad AD at all.  He had more facilities built than previous ADs and his football schedules were good.

Both you and Wes are correct.
    Getting new stuff was MH's forte.
    Basic maintenance and appearance, WTF 😒
    In memory of Dr Daniel P Babb who taught so much to so many.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, parshall2marshall, svherd, MUinDE, The E-Man

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2022, 07:50:40 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Danny was so happy the get new trash cans in all 4 corners of the court entrance at the cam. School logo and looks very professional instead of the round black cans with a bag hanging over the sides. Yes Spears is doing a LOT of little things that makes a difference and is noticed. Amazing what these type of things can do.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, svherd, The E-Man, elginherd, coalherd

Offline wesnky

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2022, 08:00:02 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

And you comparing hammy to what other Ad concerning facilities , WV Tech, or maybe Marcum.  Thats a low bar.

Offline coalherd

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2022, 10:12:24 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Glad for the steps at the JOAN.  Now, is there any word whether or not there has been any work on sealing all those "leaky" troughs in the Men's Rooms at the Stadium?  Need to bring in that "Flex Seal" dude that does all those commercials, sealing up boat bottoms, etc., and let him and his "crew" fix those urinals so they would be good to go for another 3 or 4 decades!!  ;D

The following users thanked this post: The E-Man

Offline DallasGreen

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Practice Squad
    • Member Since 3/24/2014
    « Reply #7 on: July 26, 2022, 10:14:10 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We desperately need new goal post

Offline coalherd

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2022, 10:18:48 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Danny was so happy the get new trash cans in all 4 corners of the court entrance at the cam. School logo and looks very professional instead of the round black cans with a bag hanging over the sides. Yes Spears is doing a LOT of little things that makes a difference and is noticed. Amazing what these type of things can do.

Spot on, bust. (Can't believe I just said that!).

Rome wasn't built in a day.  And the deterioration of, and neglect at, MU's facilities like the JOAN and the CAM didn't just happen "overnight".  Certainly. will take time to remedy, fix-up, and bring up to what those facilities should be.  Obviously, Spears and company are making an effort.  And those small things you mention will indicate to most HERD fans, at least, that an effort is being made and that this AD is not all about the same-o, same-o status quo!!

The following users thanked this post: herdorbust2

Offline MUther

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2022, 10:20:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

His football schedules are why we're in this mess now.  It's clogged with Hamrick till 2027.  And building new facilities at the expense of letting older ones rot is not how you make things work.  I know Doc and Hamrick are your good buddies but don't try to pass that crap by as truth.  Spears has nothing to with schedules except as band-aids for several more years.

The following users thanked this post: svherd, biggreenarms, The E-Man, herdorbust2

Offline coalherd

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2022, 10:30:03 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • His football schedules are why we're in this mess now.  It's clogged with Hamrick till 2027.  And building new facilities at the expense of letting older ones rot is not how you make things work.  I know Doc and Hamrick are your good buddies but don't try to pass that crap by as truth.  Spears has nothing to with schedules except as band-aids for several more years.

Only one thing, MUther, will end, or slow downing a lot, the "carping" about the schedule(s):  "JUST WIN, BABY"! (And Win BIG!!).

Offline mckayt

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2022, 10:44:08 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • His football schedules are why we're in this mess now.  It's clogged with Hamrick till 2027.  And building new facilities at the expense of letting older ones rot is not how you make things work.  I know Doc and Hamrick are your good buddies but don't try to pass that crap by as truth.  Spears has nothing to with schedules except as band-aids for several more years.

What's wrong with our football schedules? 

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2022, 10:44:08 PM »

Online herd2win

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2022, 07:22:23 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Football schedules were good and Spears just scheduled 3 really bad games.

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2022, 07:36:16 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Football schedules were good and Spears just scheduled 3 really bad games.

I think you should follow Spears and Hamwreck into retirement. Then you can sit around them and tell them how great they were and nobody can ever match their great accomplishments.

Online svherd

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2022, 07:42:38 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Football schedules were good and Spears just scheduled 3 really bad games.

What games has Spears scheduled? I don?t think anything has been finalized. Must have missed it.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline MUsince96

« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2022, 07:53:09 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • What games has Spears scheduled? I don?t think anything has been finalized. Must have missed it.

Central Connecticut in 23
    Stony Brook in 24
    Middle Tennessee in 26

For me, Middle Tennessee's saving grace is it means no FCS game in 2026.

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2022, 08:01:24 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Central Connecticut in 23
    Stony Brook in 24
    Middle Tennessee in 26

MTSU is most likely a home and home. He had mentioned in playing on New Orleans, Memphis and Nashville. That leads me to expect to see 2 game series with Tulane and Memphis as well. 2 of my favorite places to visit
    Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth..
                   ----Lou Gehrig

Offline elginherd

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2022, 08:03:08 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    Stony Brook in 24
    Middle Tennessee in 26

In Spears' defense, the way football scheduling is, 2023 & 2024 is sort of last minute bookings. It's ridiculous, but FBS scheduling is done so far ahead of time that it's tough to fill in holes two or three years out.
    In memory of Dr Daniel P Babb who taught so much to so many.

The following users thanked this post: svherd

Offline MUsince96

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2022, 08:05:19 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • MTSU is most likely a home and home. He had mentioned in playing on New Orleans, Memphis and Nashville. That leads me to expect to see 2 game series with Tulane and Memphis as well. 2 of my favorite places to visit

Memphis would be a fun series. They'll probably be P5 by the time we play or at least at the top of the AAC.
    Tulane is mehhh to me.

I want to play "name" teams and old rivals. The city they're in is secondary to the actual game.

Online svherd

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2022, 08:26:28 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    Stony Brook in 24
    Middle Tennessee in 26

Are we sure this is all on Spears or he just signed the deals? Could have been in discussions for a while. It?s not a short term process for the most part. Either way, we?ll always play an FCS team, an easy win and home game. I am interested to see if he schedules any money P5 games beyond 2027

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline MUsince96

« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2022, 08:37:06 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Are we sure this is all on Spears or he just signed the deals? Could have been in discussions for a while. It?s not a short term process for the most part. Either way, we?ll always play an FCS team, an easy win and home game. I am interested to see if he schedules any money P5 games beyond 2027

I don't know specifics on how the deals got done but he was talking about future schedules in an HD article last week.

Online svherd

« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2022, 08:50:19 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I don't know specifics on how the deals got done but he was talking about future schedules in an HD article last week.

I can see the 23 and 24 games as trying to fill dates at this late hour. Most teams worth a crap, likely have their OOC schedules done. Hammy wouldn?t do many money games or one and dones, so that hurts a bit. Jmo
    « Last Edit: July 27, 2022, 09:05:41 AM by svherd »

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2022, 08:50:19 AM »

Offline miltonherdfan

« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2022, 10:04:39 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • anyone know why we still had schedule holes to fill in '23 & '24?

i know moving to SBC at last minute canceled 1 of our OOC games this yr on short notice, but it shouldn't have affected any years after this, did it?

Offline ru4mu2

« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2022, 10:10:13 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • To get this back to a facilities "improvement" thread and not a scheduling thread, can we PLEASE get the Shewey building pressure washed?!?!

Offline The Right Stuff

« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2022, 12:33:57 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Can we please get the stalactites and stalagmites removed from the main entrance to the Cam? ::)

TRS
    MU 71 

The following users thanked this post: elginherd

HerdFans.com

« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2022, 12:33:57 PM »