Author Topic: Doc is scared of Charlotte  (Read 1114 times)

Offline herdfan129

Doc is scared of Charlotte
« on: December 09, 2020, 12:43:46 PM »
  • [Like]-1
  • [Dislike]2
  • It’s past time to fire this bum.
    The right way is always the right way- Coach Huff

2020 National Soccer Champs!

The following users thanked this post: Herdalum83

HerdFans.com

Doc is scared of Charlotte
    « on: December 09, 2020, 12:43:46 PM »

Online MicDrass1

Re: Doc is scared of Charlotte
    « Reply #1 on: December 09, 2020, 12:45:18 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It’s past time to fire this bum.

lol ..... if the championship game is a lock if this game is not played probably so

Online herd2win

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2020, 12:46:24 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • 45 players out...

The following users thanked this post: Thundering In MD, MicDrass1

Online MicDrass1

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2020, 12:49:58 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Herd football always finishes seasons under Holliday flopping. 

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995, MUinDE, miltonherdfan

Offline puma

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2020, 12:55:03 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • 45 players out...

Yikes. I'm guessing players hit the bars and party scenes pretty hard on Saturday and are wrapped up in contact tracing. They've been cooped up in their bubble for so long because they had so much to lose. Then they lost it Saturday and said screw it and went out.

Offline Herdfan73

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2020, 01:05:08 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • 45 players out...

If that’s the case then Docs covid handling will mirror the way just about every other season has went the last 6 years. Keep it together better than average for the majority of the season, then %^&* the bed in near historic fashion to close it out.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, MUinDE, The E-Man, miltonherdfan

Offline whf

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2020, 01:07:09 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Yikes. I'm guessing players hit the bars and party scenes pretty hard on Saturday and are wrapped up in contact tracing. They've been cooped up in their bubble for so long because they had so much to lose. Then they lost it Saturday and said screw it and went out.
    They wouldn't even be contagious from activity this past Saturday.  It takes 7 to 14 days for the virus to show up in one's system.  This is all from the time when there were no games, bored, etc.; that's my conjecture.

Offline Herdalum83

« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2020, 01:10:02 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • They wouldn't even be contagious from activity this past Saturday.  It takes 7 to 14 days for the virus to show up in one's system.  This is all from the time when there were no games, bored, etc.; that's my conjecture.

Not true. COVID can show up in your system as little as 48 hours after exposure. It just can take 7-14 days for symptoms to manifest.

The following users thanked this post: The E-Man, Herdfan73

Offline Big City

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2020, 01:13:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • They wouldn't even be contagious from activity this past Saturday.  It takes 7 to 14 days for the virus to show up in one's system.  This is all from the time when there were no games, bored, etc.; that's my conjecture.

Thanksgiving break and let’s not forget MU had a few out last week as well.
    IronMan & Multisport Athlete
    2 x American Triple T Finisher
    Celebrated beer drinker

The following users thanked this post: whf, HerdEcon

Offline coalherd

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2020, 08:52:22 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Maybe Doc will get a dog for Christmas!!   :D
    « Last Edit: December 09, 2020, 09:41:17 PM by coalherd »

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, MUinDE, The E-Man

Offline pdunn

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2020, 08:59:00 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Ma ybe Doc will get a dog for Christmas!!   :D

Maybe Doc will get a pink slip for Christmas.
    "On rainy days, the early justices would enliven case conferences with wine. On other days, even if the sun was shining, Chief Justice John Marshall would order wine anyway, saying, 'Our jurisdiction is so vast that it must be raining somewhere.' "

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, The E-Man, goherd24, herdfan129

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2020, 12:17:07 AM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • Doc was about to get out coached and beat by Charlotte. He is using COVID as a chicken %^&* excuse to avoid that. A bunch of other teams have also done that this year. I called them out for it. Doc doesn’t get special treatment. All these canceled games should have been forfeits but our conference leadership is non existent.
    The right way is always the right way- Coach Huff

2020 National Soccer Champs!

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2020, 12:17:07 AM »

Online Thundering In MD

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2020, 03:27:08 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • 45 players out...

What is source for this number? 

If that is right, we issued a really weak press release.  Should have just cited COVID like everyone else.
    Twitter:  @ThunderingInMD

Online svherd

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2020, 04:05:04 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • What is source for this number? 

If that is right, we issued a really weak press release.  Should have just cited COVID like everyone else.

Marshall is always clear as mud on their communications. I would say HIPPA is the main reason we don’t hear specific numbers being thrown out there.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: MUsince96

Offline Herdalum83

« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2020, 04:40:36 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Marshall is always clear as mud on their communications. I would say HIPPA is the main reason we don’t hear specific numbers being thrown out there.

Why don't other schools have to adhere to HIPPA? We always hear that HIPPA is one of the big reasons why we don't get clear communication (among others) from the program. But, other teams routinely release injury reports to the press and during COVID several teams have reported numbers. I mean here is one such instance from earlier in the year where Va Tech was missing 23 players due to COVID.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/29979189/virginia-tech-hendon-hooker-23-players-saturday-due-virus

So, my question is how can other programs and schools inform their fan base without violating HIPPA but we seem to not be able to?

The following users thanked this post: Herdmeister

Online svherd

« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2020, 04:53:42 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Why don't other schools have to adhere to HIPPA? We always hear that HIPPA is one of the big reasons why we don't get clear communication (among others) from the program. But, other teams routinely release injury reports to the press and during COVID several teams have reported numbers. I mean here is one such instance from earlier in the year where Va Tech was missing 23 players due to COVID.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/29979189/virginia-tech-hendon-hooker-23-players-saturday-due-virus

So, my question is how can other programs and schools inform their fan base without violating HIPPA but we seem to not be able to?

Trust me, I wish I knew why we weren't as transparent as other schools seem to be. The HIPPA thing always get thrown out there. It's a nice fallback for MU I guess.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: Herdalum83

Offline HerdEcon

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2020, 04:54:06 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Direct your HIPPA questions to Mike Hamrick, Athletic Directory, Marshall University.  You are probably not going to get a true or accurate answer from a message board.  It may be HIPPA or it may be a decision by the coaching staff.  Mike can shed some light on the matter if he wants to. 

As long as this question has been around it looks like a journalist would pick up the phone make a phone call and address it in an article once and for all.  But that would assume that the journalist actually cares whether people read his/her articles.  Given the quality and substance of news articles in recent years it is questionable whether some journalists actually care whether anyone reads their articles or not.  As many times as this topic has come up on this board I'm sure the article would be of interest to many Herd fans.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2020, 04:54:06 PM »