Author Topic: Players screaming at the head coach  (Read 4347 times)

Offline carolinaherdfan

Re: Players screaming at the head coach
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2013, 04:53:06 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • First off nothing personal, if you like Bear and you think he ran a clean program, good deal...

I'd like to sell you a bridge, if your interested?           just joking around man           Go Herd!!!

Now you and I can be friends. I see this right away. :-)

HerdFans.com

« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2013, 04:53:06 PM »

Offline QuickStrike

« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2013, 05:00:11 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Lets just put Fro in. That should solve our issues.

Fro would probably end up being an overall better leader & QB than Cato.

Offline ThunderValley

« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2013, 05:10:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Cato was wanting Doc to go for it on 4th and short. Any qb would be fired up and wanting the same.

Coaches are used to that.

Offline carolinaherdfan

« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2013, 05:28:31 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Cato was wanting Doc to go for it on 4th and short. Any qb would be fired up and wanting the same.

Coaches are used to that.

TV, you just don't get it, do U? :-)
    It has to be a load of horseshit, as in oHio, before anyone pays attention.
    Take me for example... Once on top...Now on bottom... We gave our love and knowledge a chance. In America, I WV, it means nothing. Throughout the world movement it means everything. Just think who we studied with, fought for, and became friends with are now wishing/hoping we will die so they can always be right. Can you spell Narcissicum?

Offline Penn2moss

• Junior Varsity
    « Reply #29 on: September 15, 2013, 05:34:44 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You guys act like Cato was fighting with Doc or something.

I'm sure he was screaming, "lets go for it coach! We can get it!"

Not, "you freaking idiot grow some balls!"

He didn't yell at Doc on the int either, you guys are just dreaming stuff up.

Offline MUther

« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2013, 05:37:09 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You guys act like Cato was fighting with Doc or something.

I'm sure he was screaming, "lets go for it coach! We can get it!"

Not, "you freaking idiot grow some balls!"

He didn't yell at Doc on the int either, you guys are just dreaming stuff up.

They were asking if Doc yelled at Cato after the interception.

Offline MUther

« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2013, 05:39:16 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • TV, you just don't get it, do U? :-)
    It has to be a load of horse%^&*, as in oHio, before anyone pays attention.
    Take me for example... Once on top...Now on bottom... We gave our love and knowledge a chance. In America, I WV, it means nothing. Throughout the world movement it means everything. Just think who we studied with, fought for, and became friends with are now wishing/hoping we will die so they can always be right. Can you spell Narcissicum?

WTF are you talking about?  About every post you make is incoherent babble that has nothing to do with anything.

Can we please create another forum for the mentally challenged/unstable.  Thanks in advance.

Offline carolinaherdfan

« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2013, 05:39:54 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • God forbid!

Offline wasbarryb

« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2013, 05:43:54 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • WTF are you talking about?  About every post you make is incoherent babble that has nothing to do with anything.

Can we please create another forum for the mentally challenged/unstable.  Thanks in advance.

Comment Deleted
    « Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 07:13:09 PM by wasbarryb »

Offline carolinaherdfan

« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2013, 05:52:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Tks., I appreciate all of the information I have gotten from you guys over the past ten years.

Offline MarshallGrad

« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2013, 05:53:03 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Can you spell Narcissicum?

If your gonna ask others if they can spell it, wouldn't you..........oh, never mind.

Offline carolinaherdfan

« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2013, 05:55:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If your gonna ask others if they can spell it, wouldn't you..........oh, never mind.

It's okay big hitter... I would never have had to ask if I had not had a stroke.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2013, 05:55:50 PM »

Offline Johnnyherd

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Head Coach
    • Member Since 03/2011 Big Green Member 2011
    « Reply #37 on: September 15, 2013, 06:01:02 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Sorry to hear that Carolina....I hope you recover, man....

Offline wasbarryb

« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2013, 06:54:34 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Sorry to hear that Carolina....I hope you recover, man....

Me too Carolina. In fact I apologize for my nasty comment earlier in this thread.

My mother had a stroke in 05. Reading you’ve had a stoke explains a lot what otherwise makes some of your posts seem bizarre. For what it’s worth, hang in there and work hard in rehab. The road back is long and hard, but it can be done. I’ve seen it first hand.

Offline GreenBison60

• Heisman
    « Reply #39 on: September 15, 2013, 07:09:55 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I never said anything because "Cato could do no wrong" and was an all american to most. But this kid has major anger issues and it showed from day 1 when he came here screaming at the coaches and going off on the sidelines. Frohnapel would be the better decision and he has 3 years left. Big, strong, can run and i believe would be a great leader. JMO.

Offline ibleedgreen

« Reply #40 on: September 15, 2013, 08:19:16 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We were not on the sidelines...not in the huddle...but obviously Cato has an anger issue. A couple of my friends have had classes with him and say he is an arrogant individual. Doc should have sit him for at least a couple of drives in my opinion and let him know that he is not the only quarterback they have. He is mad at everyone else but he does not look at himself as a general and take the responsibility for issues that arise. He doesn't realize that every issue that happens on the field is his issue. From the running back dropping the ball to special teams muffing the kickoff and costing a touchdown. He needs to whether that on his shoulders and step up.

Offline GreenBison60

• Heisman
    « Reply #41 on: September 15, 2013, 08:46:08 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I could tell a couple stories also about him. But i won't because the rescue party will come out in force. But he is very arrogant and is a very mad individual when things aren't going exactly the way he wants them to go. There is a difference in getting fired up and trying to lift your team. And ripping everyone around you in a negative way if things don't go just the way you think they should.

Offline muherd41

• Rookie
    « Reply #42 on: September 15, 2013, 09:28:33 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •   He was hollering at Doc before half time to go for a quick hitter.  If the pass was incomplete it would have stopped the clock and we would still have kicked a field goal.  Those points might have given us the win.

I do remember a similar situation where coach settled for three at half time  and was not aggressive enough to go for a TD and it cost us the game.  (It was either WVU or KState at home.)  The points could have made a difference by game end.

Offline GreenBison60

• Heisman
    « Reply #43 on: September 15, 2013, 09:50:01 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Yea i remember when they had to pull him his freshman year because he was so out of control on the sideline screaming and throwing his arms around with the headset on. Those stories about Peterson really having to earn his money keeping him in line are true. Just wait and see how things turn out f we lose 2-3 more we shouldn't. Doc better pull him or things will get out of hand and the team will splinter. Herrion made the same mistake and it will hurt the morale if not corrected. Now if we start winning and win 9-10 games then it will probably go unnoticed and not be to bad. But if the season starts going a little more sour, then it's going to get ugly with the QB position.

Online ThunderingHerdFan

« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2013, 09:29:48 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I require video documentation to back up you contention that "Penny" jawed Coach P in the exact manner that Cato jawed Coach Doc..or else BS

Toledo, 1998 MAC championship when Pennington threw TD pass to Poole. Pruett wanted to go for two. Pennington emphatically screamed at him to go for 1.  Camera cut away right as he started but you can see the very beginning of it.

It's all good when you win. More cameras now. 

Offline GreenBison60

• Heisman
    « Reply #45 on: September 16, 2013, 09:36:41 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Sir....i knew Chad Pennington and Cato ain't no Chad Pennington. Pennington might have yelled in his own way. But he never went off the deep end like Cato has MANY times. Cato =K.....no i won't say it.

Offline Greg H

« Reply #46 on: September 16, 2013, 11:16:44 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I know this.  Froh kept his cool and brought us back against ECU last year when we were down.  He did not panic.  I'm starting to think that Cato should be on a very short leash.  One more game like OU and I'd really start to think about giving Froh substantive playing time (not making a change).

HerdFans.com

« Reply #46 on: September 16, 2013, 11:16:44 AM »

Offline clovenhoof

Re: Re: Players screaming at the head coach
    « Reply #47 on: September 16, 2013, 11:36:01 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I noticed the screaming too. I find this absolutely unacceptable. It's not rocket science. Scream at the coach you get disciplined. I love Cato but this can't be allowed.
    "Oh just calm down and write that check for the Vision Campaign..."  Thundering In MD

Offline GreenBison60

• Heisman
    « Reply #48 on: September 16, 2013, 02:09:07 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Greg H i agree 100%. Froh will make a mistake or 2 like anyone else. But givin the experience we would have a MUCH better QB in every way IMO.

Offline iherdya

« Reply #49 on: September 16, 2013, 02:20:30 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I know this.  Froh kept his cool and brought us back against ECU last year when we were down.  He did not panic.  I'm starting to think that Cato should be on a very short leash.  One more game like OU and I'd really start to think about giving Froh substantive playing time (not making a change).

Froh played fantastic at ECU. The question is how much of that was because ECU spent a week preparing for Cato at QB, knowing then he wouldn't run and he locked on to Shuler. They didn't prepare at all for a running QB that looked at other options. So, was his impressive performance because of his talent or because of us catching their defense off guard by accident?

HerdFans.com

« Reply #49 on: September 16, 2013, 02:20:30 PM »