Author Topic: Jordan Roberts  (Read 3853 times)

Offline Scottyo614

Re: Jordan Roberts
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2013, 12:30:00 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • @marshallmark that seems pretty average? And maybe because of those broad requirements is why coaches don't give scholarships because they have to wait and see if they apply

HerdFans.com

« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2013, 12:30:00 PM »

Offline marshallmark

« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2013, 12:53:06 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • @marshallmark that seems pretty average? And maybe because of those broad requirements is why coaches don't give scholarships because they have to wait and see if they apply

I just can't imagine that any player WORTH giving an athletic scholarship to, would have to wait to see about his eligibility for the Promise.  The more likely scenario is that he is offered an athletic scholarship, accepts it, then the football office works to get the Promise for him to reduce the cost of that scholarship.  Recall that the Promise only pays for about 80% of tuition - player would still need assistance for the remainder, fees, books, R&B, etc.
    "Tell your friends, I can confirm you held your own against the brothers. :)"

- E-Man

Offline Scottyo614

« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2013, 01:25:41 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • My thought has always been as a D1 coach you'd promise them an athletic if they can't get to the promise scholarship. If they get to the promise, then like in D3 they find money elsewhere to get the kid a full and thus you open up potentialy 1 scholarship elsewhere. I don't think it's anything against West Va. athletes just the system and loophole work at hand.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2013, 01:25:41 PM »