Author Topic: MBB coaches  (Read 1312 times)

Offline svherd

Re: MBB coaches
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2022, 12:26:56 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You know when the BB program was doing well that story goes that Hamrick was forced to hire DD had to be talked into it by important people.  When team doing bad the story different.  I guess it doesn't matter how the hire was made at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I?ve never had an issue with DD. Likable guy. I do wish a National search would have been done. Maybe It was. Who really knows. We should do a thorough search for any coaching vacancy. Jmo

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: Always THE HERD

HerdFans.com

« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2022, 12:26:56 PM »

Offline Johns1124

« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2022, 01:27:14 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • As the story goes. Hamrick went to Cali to convince Mike to become the coach. When the Lakers made a play for him, Mike convinced Hammy to hire Dan. Hamrick hadn?t done a national search, focusing solely on Mike, thus had no alternative but to hire Dan. At least that?s what everyone was saying at the time.

Actually, inaccurate. Mike resigned as the Lakers' HC  shortly before DD was hired. Lakers was never a "Play" for Mike D.

Mike Resigned April 30th 2014.

Dan Hired April 25th 2014.

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2022, 01:36:20 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Actually, inaccurate. Mike resigned as the Lakers' HC  shortly before DD was hired. Lakers was never a "Play" for Mike D.

Mike Resigned April 30th 2014.

Dan Hired April 25th 2014.

SV is correct about Mike coaching here. Had Mike accepted the job, Hamrick would have waited on him. Mike mentioned that Dan should be the coach and it wasn't Hamrick that really hired DD, it was O'Malley from what I was told. I'm sure Herdmeister can break it all the way down for you..

Offline Stripeshrt

« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2022, 05:02:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • E, that dont make sense brother! How could a subordinate "hire" someone over their bosses head. Nope, maybe Jeff was their for the paperwork while Mike was at WalMart looking for a bag to give Danny a jersey but no way in hell I believe that O'Malley "hired" Danny

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2022, 05:09:22 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • E, that dont make sense brother! How could a subordinate "hire" someone over their bosses head. Nope, maybe Jeff was their for the paperwork while Mike was at WalMart looking for a bag to give Danny a jersey but no way in hell I believe that O'Malley "hired" Danny

From what I was told Hamrick didn't want to have anything to do with the hiring
    of DD. Hamrick basically let O'Malley take control.. So basically it wasn't a hire over his bosses head, because Hamrick gave O'Malley permission..

Offline Stripeshrt

« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2022, 05:21:21 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If you say so, still the hierarchy of such a move like that would b bizarre.

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2022, 05:26:29 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

I'm not saying Hamrick didn't approve the hiring. Herdmesiter can break it down to you about what took place with DD hiring..

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2022, 05:29:11 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Meanwhile we're getting crushed by 29 points.. Geez!

HerdFans.com

« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2022, 05:29:11 PM »