Author Topic: What do we have? 4 Conference Championships in 20 years in all sports?  (Read 853 times)

Online miltonherdfan

Re: What do we have? 4 Conference Championships in 20 years in all sports?
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2022, 06:25:42 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I?m not a Marshall alum. I owe NOTHING to this University. Just a local who fell in love with the program when I was younger back in the 90s. I watch, buy tickets, and donate because of entertainment?. PERIOD.

Want money from my family and I then earn it? so far Marshall isn?t earning it lately.

line-for-line, even the decade . . . my story as well

HerdFans.com

« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2022, 06:25:42 AM »

Offline RollingThunder80

« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2022, 06:54:31 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• line-for-line, even the decade . . . my story as well

Im in the same boat with Milton and 129.  Love Marshall but not all of us are alum and therefore need some success to really be more than casually interested.  Blaming the fans for lack of success after getting blown at on the road against 3 MaC teams is illogical and frustrating TBH.  Sorry we did play Akron close but still?.

The following users thanked this post: miltonherdfan

Offline svherd

« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2022, 08:25:36 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Fan support has been very poor in basketball this season even before the "losing" so i get the frustrations. I mean, we filled the cam with 8k when Donnie Jones and herriom were here playing little sisters of the poor. I suppose covid has something to do with it. Or our fanbase is just dead in football and basketball. Which may be the case. That bandwagon they keep mentioning is just silly. They should be begging fans to come to the games. No one is left.

We may have had 8K playing a Memphis or ranked team during those years but we never averaged 8K. The only time that's happened was during the Huck years.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995

Offline svherd

« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2022, 08:32:31 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • What does your comment have to do with championships, etc.? So what if they are millionaires.....who cares.

We pay and support them well, all things considered. Yet, we have a measly one title in football and one in basketball in 16 years of CUSA play. They should be held to a high standard, but Doc, Hammy, and now Dan got a little too comfy - without any pressure to take our programs to a higher level. jmho.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2022, 10:07:25 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Wonder if FAU took a private charter here? Lol

Yes, they did
    Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth..
                   ----Lou Gehrig

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2022, 10:12:39 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Which Marshall sports are fully funded in scholarships.  Meaning they have the NCAA max allowed.

To my knowledge all sports at Marshall are at NCAA max scholarships
    Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth..
                   ----Lou Gehrig

Online ThunderingHerdFan

« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2022, 10:18:01 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Fan support has been very poor in basketball this season even before the "losing" so i get the frustrations. I mean, we filled the cam with 8k when Donnie Jones and herriom were here playing little sisters of the poor. I suppose covid has something to do with it. Or our fanbase is just dead in football and basketball. Which may be the case. That bandwagon they keep mentioning is just silly. They should be begging fans to come to the games. No one is left.

We were down to the low 3k range at the end with Herrion. We have had a better average attendance the past 4-5 ?normal? seasons than the MAC/Jirsa/Jones/Herrion years.
    Fair comments abound, but outside of Memphis, UAB and UCF when Donnie was coach, the numbers were far lower than they have been immediately pre-Covid.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo

Offline svherd

« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2022, 07:44:06 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Blaming the fan base is always the go to excuse for those in the Schewey and the insiders. The fans are an easy target.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Online 2xBison

« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2022, 07:52:42 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
  • Blaming the fan base is always the go to excuse for those in the Schewey and the insiders. The fans are an easy target.

now that there are less and less of them donating and attending those left will be an even easier target....
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

Offline svherd

« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2022, 08:42:57 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • now that there are less and less of them donating and attending those left will be an even easier target....

Yep. It?s a tough situation that?s been discussed before. The core is shrinking, average fans want to see exciting games and wins. I?ll admit it?s not gonna be easy and I?ve  said that in the past; but it?s really on MU to make a hard sell to the fan base and region. They really have no other choice unless Brad and the new AD can pull off some tricks.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Online 2xBison

« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2022, 09:01:04 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Yep. It?s a tough situation that?s been discussed before. The core is shrinking, average fans want to see exciting games and wins. I?ll admit it?s not gonna be easy and I?ve  said that in the past; but it?s really on MU to make a hard sell to the fan base and region. They really have no other choice unless Brad and the new AD can pull off some tricks.

winning and nothing else matters.

that's the only thing that will cure this.

and I mean winning fairly big, not 7-5.
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, mr_ash_1995

HerdFans.com

« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2022, 09:01:04 AM »