Author Topic: Not much surprises me but  (Read 2581 times)

Offline Mako

Re: Not much surprises me but
« Reply #125 on: November 26, 2021, 11:47:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]2
  • No, I'm absolutely not wrong. I've been in the meetings, ive seen being black get people promoted and hired even when they aren't qualified. I've seen it save their jobs when they commit fireable offenses, and would be fired if any other race. I've seen black people get priority bidding in government contracts because they are black, I've seen academic advantages where kids that have scored lower on IQ tests than white students get into gifted programs because they are black.

And those black people that want to work for it and want to succeed in this nation will, period. Those that don't, won't. Just like white people.

But you're just being ignorant if you think race plays a roll in your achieving success in America in 2021. Racism will die when people stop talking about it, just like Morgan Freeman said, and I agree with that. People that constantly want to make things about race, are the racists.
    Thank you Nathan Bedford Forest.
    "Our founding fathers ... drafted a charter to assure the rule of law and the rights of man, a charter expanded by the blood of generations.  Those ideals still light the world, and we will not give them up for expediency's sake." - Barack Obama Inaugural Address

The following users thanked this post: MUonium

HerdFans.com

« Reply #125 on: November 26, 2021, 11:47:59 PM »

Offline herdinphilly

« Reply #126 on: November 27, 2021, 12:46:53 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  

Offline HerdHopeful07

« Reply #127 on: November 27, 2021, 01:11:58 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • No, I'm absolutely not wrong. I've been in the meetings, ive seen being black get people promoted and hired even when they aren't qualified. I've seen it save their jobs when they commit fireable offenses, and would be fired if any other race. I've seen black people get priority bidding in government contracts because they are black, I've seen academic advantages where kids that have scored lower on IQ tests than white students get into gifted programs because they are black.

And those black people that want to work for it and want to succeed in this nation will, period. Those that don't, won't. Just like white people.

But you're just being ignorant if you think race plays a roll in your achieving success in America in 2021. Racism will die when people stop talking about it, just like Morgan Freeman said, and I agree with that. People that constantly want to make things about race, are the racists.

And I have seen the opposite true.

Are there companies that hire people because they check a box? Yes.

Are there businesses that won't hire someone because of their skin tone? Yes.

You again love to put words in my mouth and say I'm saying that black people can't make it, or that I'm making a argument for why they don't succeed and if you would actually step back and read what I wrote instead of just assuming what my point is, you would see I never said any of that. I have actually explicitly said I wasn't saying that.

I will keep saying over and over again, if you think that a person who is black has more advantages/privileges than someone who isn't, you are dead wrong. Period.

I think refusing to call someone racist for being racist or trying to sweep certain behaviors under the rug is wrong.
    Herd Fan because every victory is a little bit sweeter

Offline goherd24

« Reply #128 on: November 27, 2021, 01:25:48 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • some people just refuse to see injustice, no matter what kind of injustice.  refuse to clearly see the advantages race majority has over minority.  some use whataboutisms to justify their fear of real and really fair competition in a dog eat dog, arguably over-populated world.  then sometimes, all it takes is one politician/person in the spotlight to set the country back a 100 years.  it's really unbelievable that we have not made much progress in 250 years

It's amazing that you've been convinced to believe that in the America we live in today.

The following users thanked this post: whf, herdfan129

Offline goherd24

« Reply #129 on: November 27, 2021, 01:26:48 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • And I have seen the opposite true.

Are there companies that hire people because they check a box? Yes.

Are there businesses that won't hire someone because of their skin tone? Yes.

You again love to put words in my mouth and say I'm saying that black people can't make it, or that I'm making a argument for why they don't succeed and if you would actually step back and read what I wrote instead of just assuming what my point is, you would see I never said any of that. I have actually explicitly said I wasn't saying that.

I will keep saying over and over again, if you think that a person who is black has more advantages/privileges than someone who isn't, you are dead wrong. Period.

I think refusing to call someone racist for being racist or trying to sweep certain behaviors under the rug is wrong.

Nah, you're just a virtue signaling brainwashed liberal is all.

The following users thanked this post: herdfan129

Offline HerdHopeful07

« Reply #130 on: November 27, 2021, 01:30:49 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Nah, you're just a virtue signaling brainwashed liberal is all.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

You big mad
    Herd Fan because every victory is a little bit sweeter

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #131 on: November 27, 2021, 12:01:30 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I hope that you are right. I can't stand him. He likes to pick off crippled teams at the end of games. That makes me sick.

Ha ha.. :),Bad news for you, So you're going to be sick for a few more years because Huff is staying.

The following users thanked this post: HoPPy785, Toro Toro Taxi

Offline HoPPy785

« Reply #132 on: November 27, 2021, 01:41:35 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Ha ha.. :),Bad news for you, So you're going to be sick for a few more years because Huff is staying.

There's always more to the story, which I shared in the other thread about that game. Going to be some disappointed fans when Huff is successful. It's so strange that a first year coach is a game away from the championship in his first year and people think he isn't good enough. Couple of lucky breaks and we'd be sitting right outside the top 25. I didn't know a first year coach was expected to be undefeated or on the hot seat.

The following users thanked this post: The E-Man

Offline goherd24

« Reply #133 on: November 27, 2021, 03:13:40 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • There's always more to the story, which I shared in the other thread about that game. Going to be some disappointed fans when Huff is successful. It's so strange that a first year coach is a game away from the championship in his first year and people think he isn't good enough. Couple of lucky breaks and we'd be sitting right outside the top 25. I didn't know a first year coach was expected to be undefeated or on the hot seat.

This is a much different scenario than a typical coaching change. Huff himself even noted that. All the talent needed to win this crap conference was in place.

Huff has a chance to get everyone in his corner this weekend and next with wins. We all hope he can do it.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #133 on: November 27, 2021, 03:13:40 PM »