Author Topic: Jannson's Back!  (Read 1289 times)

Offline 11-14-70

Jannson's Back!
« on: February 20, 2020, 05:45:51 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]1
  • Jannson's Back! Locked in, loaded, and draining it! Has an extra step in his giddyap, and gleam in his eye.

The following users thanked this post: lovetheherd2, scherd, The E-Man, LUVTHATHERD, JReese

HerdFans.com

Jannson's Back!
    « on: February 20, 2020, 05:45:51 PM »

Offline 11-14-70

Re: Jannson's Back!
    « Reply #1 on: February 20, 2020, 06:14:51 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • HERD had a good practice today. Danny had Iran going up, without putting the ball on the floor, and dunking everything. With fresh legs, everyone was actually shooting well, but Jannson shot great. Not directing his shot, just letting it flow. These kids just might do something special. We all know they are capable. Would be great to see it all come together. If they stay focused and want it more than anyone else, I believe they could pull it off. There is no Goliath in the way, and a lot of teams that need some payback!

GO HERD!
    And I Mean It!

Offline parshall2marshall

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2020, 08:20:16 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • HERD had a good practice today. Danny had Iran going up, without putting the ball on the floor, and dunking everything. With fresh legs, everyone was actually shooting well, but Jannson shot great. Not directing his shot, just letting it flow. These kids just might do something special. We all know they are capable. Would be great to see it all come together. If they stay focused and want it more than anyone else, I believe they could pull it off. There is no Goliath in the way, and a lot of teams that need some payback!

GO HERD!
    And I Mean It!

"JW's stroking it, not aiming it now. Also I think his shot was too flat earlier this year. Not advocating a high-arcing rainbow, just needed a tad more air under the ball."

http://www.herdfans.com/12thman/herd-fans/jannson-williams/
    The forever FREE way to Build Sales Funnels and sell Digital Products online. Build free web sites of all kinds without programming. No credit card needed. Limited time.

https://groovepages.groovesell.com/a/gD4OhvmchDoe

The following users thanked this post: The E-Man, LUVTHATHERD, JReese, scope58

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2020, 08:01:14 AM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • Danny had Iran going up, without putting the ball on the floor, and dunking everything.

GO HERD!
    And I Mean It!

Of course we know from watching practice that they have been working on that all year. He can do it but then in games he seems to, like many big guys, want to take a dribble before going up
    Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth..
                   ----Lou Gehrig

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, wlf, The E-Man, LUVTHATHERD, scope58

Offline DallasGreen

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Practice Squad
    • Member Since 3/24/2014
    « Reply #4 on: February 22, 2020, 08:55:41 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]2
  • Nice call 11-14 !

The following users thanked this post: JReese

Offline svherd

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2020, 08:57:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The kid is playing well and stepping up. Great to see. Beyers playing well also. Nice effort by everyone who played this evening. Bennett’s hustle back and block was impressive.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, parshall2marshall, The E-Man, HoPPy785, JReese

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2020, 09:01:42 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The kid is playing well and stepping up. Great to see. Beyers playing well also. Nice effort by everyone who played this evening. Bennett’s hustle back and block was impressive.

I agree! We need Jannson and Beyers, I Bennett to step up their game, if we're going to at a chance at winning it. Jannson's defensive play is outstanding and it's carried over to his offensive play as well.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, parshall2marshall, whf, LUVTHATHERD, HoPPy785, coalherd, JReese

Offline whf

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2020, 09:04:34 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Thought Byers had a very good game too, even without points. Blocks, steals, good feeds; plus DG as well.  Great improvement in our results once the Juniors started playing like they can.  Congrats to all three.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, yogiherd, herdfan93, parshall2marshall, wlf, The E-Man, LUVTHATHERD, elginherd, HoPPy785

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2020, 09:18:25 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Great game from Jannson: 14 points and 13 rebounds!

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2020, 10:00:46 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This is the Jannson ive been wanting to see...13 rebs. Dont worry about the shots. Danny said he told him that a few games back. Just worry about the other things and the shot will come. Great game and nice team win. All 5 starters in double figures.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, parshall2marshall, wlf, LUVTHATHERD, herdfan129

Offline coalherd

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2020, 02:04:42 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Whatever message, etc., DD might have told JW, herdorbust, obviously got right through.  Double-Double obviously meant that Jannson was locked in and focused against the Monarchs.  They are very defensive oriented and overall quite athletic, although not overly big.  Fact that Herd cut a large rebounding deficit in our first game with ODU down to around 5-6 obviously meant that our guys, especially Jannson, Iran, MB, came into tonight determined to battle for rebounds, and to be more physical in and around the boards!!  Kudos to all!!

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, parshall2marshall, herdfan129, JReese

Offline wlf

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2020, 07:12:44 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Good substituting by DD tonight, best game management. Also one of the best officiated games we’ve played. Kudos to the refs.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2020, 07:12:44 AM »

Offline herdfifteen

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2020, 07:23:42 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It could not happen to a nicer kid, sometimes I suspect we forget how difficult it is to not play as well as you hope and go through the daily grind of long practices etc. The thing that strikes me about Jannson is most every post on this board commenting on his play also talked about his excellent character. He appears to have a handle on the important things in life, congratulations to his parents, whatever his decision he is a Son of Marshall we will always treasure.

Offline GreenWhite

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2020, 08:35:29 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Coach said Jannson has been working a lot in the gym on spare time. He has had some good games the last three or four. We need him and Beyers playing well to finish this season strong. Speaking of Beyers, nobody has commented on his play. He only scored two points but grabbed six rebounds. He also knocked a ball out of bounds off an ODU player that was a beautiful play. He came up behind an ODU player, and poked the ball. The ODU player trying to get control of the ball lost it out of bounds. Heck of a play on defense. Good hustle. Even though he wasn't scoring, he was still leaving it on the court.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, herdfan93, parshall2marshall, horsrman, The E-Man, herdfan129, scope58

Offline marshall fanatic

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Hall of Famer
    • Member Since 02/2004
    « Reply #14 on: February 23, 2020, 09:12:57 AM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • Jannson is the Key for us winning the tourney this year.

The following users thanked this post: lovetheherd2, Garbanjo, mr_ash_1995, parshall2marshall, The E-Man, herdfan129, JReese

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2020, 09:02:42 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, JReese

Offline herdthatandrew

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2020, 11:11:57 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • Jannson got a couple huge ovations on Saturday. It was great to see the crowd get behind him. What a special kid. 

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, parshall2marshall, Buffalo Bop, usedcars1, The E-Man, herdfan129, JReese

Offline Thundering In MD

« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2020, 06:52:52 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Kudos to Jannsen for taking the heat and stepping up.  In an age where so many kids quit and opt for the portal when they hit adversity, he improved his game.  At the beginning of the year, I never thought I would see him put the ball on the floor and drive.  He's come out of his challenges a much more rounded player.
    Twitter:  @ThunderingInMD

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, parshall2marshall, The E-Man, herdfan129, JReese

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2020, 07:55:24 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Another nice story by grant Traylor on Jannson. I really hope this is the turning point. I have been wanting to see this all along. Dont worry about shooting and concentrate on defense and rebounding. He could be a rebounding machine if he sets his mind to It.

https://www.herald-dispatch.com/sports/herd-s-williams-feeling-like-a-kid-again/article_92b80763-b1d0-5e81-95ce-d284a02b143c.html

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, herdfan93, parshall2marshall

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2020, 11:55:00 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I’d also like to see Grant do an article on Mikel Beyers’s turnaround next.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, herdfan93, parshall2marshall, The E-Man

Offline BoydCountyHerdFan

« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2020, 02:59:44 PM »
  • [Like]2
  • [Dislike]0
  • Hopefully Jannson and Mikel return next year and this resurgence in the play isn't more of a tryout for someone else next year.  Those are two good kids and I pray that they come back and finish their careers with The Herd

The following users thanked this post: lovetheherd2, marshall fanatic, parshall2marshall, The E-Man, herdfan129, JReese

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2020, 07:57:53 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Hopefully Jannson and Mikel return next year and this resurgence in the play isn't more of a tryout for someone else next year.  Those are two good kids and I pray that they come back and finish their careers with The Herd

I agree 100%. We really need both of them next year.

CBH needs to hit the road and so does Rucker.
    The right way is always the right way- Coach Huff

2020 National Soccer Champs!

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, The E-Man, JReese

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2020, 07:57:53 PM »