Author Topic: FAU gamethread  (Read 2828 times)

Offline Scottyo614

Re: FAU gamethread
« Reply #250 on: October 19, 2019, 01:01:59 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • https://twitter.com/FAU_Owls_Nest/status/1185386264234614784?s=20

FAU had the fumble that should of been called to us, no called. Several times Marshall had WTF penalties when FAU was in on it. The punt toward the end their returner picked up after we touched it and he tried to run it should of been a delay of game.

Not to mention their WRs impeded our DBs progress toward playing the ball several times. What does Lane have to cry about officiating?

HerdFans.com

« Reply #250 on: October 19, 2019, 01:01:59 AM »

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #251 on: October 19, 2019, 01:16:06 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  

Offline svherd

« Reply #252 on: October 19, 2019, 01:27:41 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I don’t know what their attendance was but it couldn’t have been more than 10K.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall

Offline lexkyherdfan

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Heisman
    • GKI Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #253 on: October 19, 2019, 06:01:27 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • 199.  For a game   I remember us having QB’s throwing 199 a half.     That’s a low ass number    He’d probably have 399 if he wouldn’t overthrow his receivers.

What does almost 400 yards get you passing last night?  A loss. FAUs QB had 362 and loss.  They had a net total of 57 on the ground.  Would you prefer Green throw for 400 and get 50 on the ground and lose?  He has accuracy issues. We all know that.  The announcers on TV have said that the staff knows that.  I will take 200 yards passing and 200+ rushing and win any day over 400 through the air and lose. I like passing games much better but at the end of the day a win is most important.

Some have said we have a boring offense and then get mad when Knox doesn’t run the ball.  Well running the ball is not going to be a high excitement game unless every run is over 10-12 yards.  Knox averaged just under 10 per carry last night. He was awesome.

The following users thanked this post: HerdHopeful07

Offline sleeinwv

« Reply #254 on: October 19, 2019, 06:53:18 AM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]1
  • I will pay you $200 to show me the 20 overthrows tonight. But I will take you saying it was a good game.

Again it's a win. Go bang someone and enjoy the weekend. Your life cant be that crappy to be that negative after a win.

Why be a weenie about it? I’m just saying that he is not an accurate passer.  He constantly overthrows his receivers and he hardly hits a receiver in stride.  Apparently you need to go find someone to bang this weekend.   

Offline HerdHopeful07

« Reply #255 on: October 19, 2019, 07:39:38 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Why be a weenie about it? I’m just saying that he is not an accurate passer.  He constantly overthrows his receivers and he hardly hits a receiver in stride.  Apparently you need to go find someone to bang this weekend.

Please explain how me giving him credit and calling you out on over exaggerating how many overthrows is being a weenie? The fact of the matter is if you would say he is inaccurate I would and have admitted that. The difference between us is I dont act like he peed in my cheerios when he has a good half and continue to dog him after a win.

I understand the criticism, but to constantly beat a dead horse even after a win is exhausting.

Ps. I did  😁
    Herd Fan because every victory is a little bit sweeter

The following users thanked this post: lexkyherdfan

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #256 on: October 19, 2019, 09:44:14 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #257 on: October 19, 2019, 09:47:02 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #258 on: October 19, 2019, 09:50:38 AM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  •  

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #259 on: October 19, 2019, 09:51:42 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #260 on: October 19, 2019, 09:54:04 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  

Offline Herdiowa

« Reply #261 on: October 19, 2019, 10:09:07 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Same game as you. The game where he made 3 great on the dime throws, one of which was dropped. The one where he was settling his oline down after one of them got the same penalty as him. The one where he made several plays to avoid being sacked. The game where he was facing a 3rd and 9 and made a play to extend the play and find the open player. That game. But go one being depressed about a win.
    He had 20+ attempts and he made 3 good throws and your on here bragging about it? We come from different generations my friend. Everyone rags on Cramsey but the throws are there.

The following users thanked this post: The E-Man

HerdFans.com

« Reply #261 on: October 19, 2019, 10:09:07 AM »

Offline HerdHopeful07

« Reply #262 on: October 19, 2019, 10:25:33 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He had 20+ attempts and he made 3 good throws and your on here bragging about it? We come from different generations my friend. Everyone rags on Cramsey but the throws are there.

I have no clue what generations have to do with this at all? Also I was not bragging about it. I was pointing out that he #1 didnt lose the game like so many said before the final drive. #2 refuse to crap on a 18 to 24 year old, especially after a win. As I said 100 times I didnt think he had a great game but he does deserve credit for those plays, especially the 3rd and 9 on the final drive but most just want to complain about him and doc AFTER a road win.
    Herd Fan because every victory is a little bit sweeter

Offline Brando3213

« Reply #263 on: October 19, 2019, 11:04:43 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]2
  • Y'all, I'm almost never on here anymore. I'm too busy, honestly, to devote the kind of time I previously took in following Marshall football. But I wanted to pop on here and say this was a really good and important win. We came in as dogs on the road and won, first and foremost. How often do we do that these days? Secondly, while there were flaws in the game (Green's unsportsmanlike, 79s unsportsmanlike, overthrows, etc), this was a hard fought game and in the end we buckled down and got the win. I don't have the time or energy for "Just like always with Doc" or any of the other pessimism surrounding the team. I'll enjoy that our guys did what they needed to for this win, and I'll watch next week for hopefully another win.

Nope, nothing is easy with Doc, and sure... I can live and die and live again 15 times in a single game. But other teams are trying to win too, and I'm just gonna enjoy the ride. I wasn't looking forward to being in the stands for a lackluster performance, but I'm glad I showed up with my 5 and 2 year old sons and that they got to see Marco and that the team showed up too. It was a fun game to be at.
    Could not agree more.  I'm tired of all the negativity.  Last night was a tremendous win for a program that needed a spark.  Lets take this momentum into next week.  At least for one week lets put our differences/frustration aside, buy a ticket to an afternoon Homecoing game, get to the Joan and support these kids.  They need it and we're still playing for a championship. 

The following users thanked this post: lexkyherdfan, Buffalo Bop, herdfifteen

Offline overherd1

« Reply #264 on: October 19, 2019, 11:59:31 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I will say that I did not think we would win last night.  Thought we would lose by two scores.  We did win.  Played pretty well and made the plays when we needed to.  Good win at a good time.  Kids were excited on the sideline.  Should make for make for a good game next week.  Congrats to players and coaches!

Offline The Right Stuff

« Reply #265 on: October 19, 2019, 12:49:51 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Thanks Overherd1.  Something positive.

TRS
    MU 71

Offline pdunn

« Reply #266 on: October 19, 2019, 01:21:37 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • FAU had the fumble that should of been called to us, no called. Several times Marshall had WTF penalties when FAU was in on it. The punt toward the end their returner picked up after we touched it and he tried to run it should of been a delay of game.

Not to mention their WRs impeded our DBs progress toward playing the ball several times. What does Lane have to cry about officiating?

You didn't mention all the holds their o-line was getting away with.
    "On rainy days, the early justices would enliven case conferences with wine. On other days, even if the sun was shining, Chief Justice John Marshall would order wine anyway, saying, 'Our jurisdiction is so vast that it must be raining somewhere.' "

Offline goherd24

« Reply #267 on: October 20, 2019, 01:19:29 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• Nope I'm a grown man that doesnt let a game that 18 to 22 year olds play run my life. I will watch the games and cheer on my school. If they lose I will move on with my day because I have a little guy that brings me joy. I have a little guy that I think what if he was out there and was doing everything he could do to win and there were anonymous people crapping on him every chance they got.

Is green a great qb? No. Did he have some bad plays tonight? Yes. But he was also key part in the game winning drive. He didnt stop after making a bone headed play and he threw a beautiful td pass to gain the lead back as well. But you specifically will cry and moan about Anderson not playing. I have been told by 3 separate team officials that IG is the best player. I have been told by a IMG employee that it's not even close. So again like I said relax and enjoy the win. It's the win you guys were already writing as a loss even after the game ended in a W.

Who the hell is Anderson? And "it's not even close" that Green is our best QB? Lolol Sad that thomson doesn't get a chance on the field, but it's even more sad if that it true and Doc recruits that badly.

Offline HerdBlizz

« Reply #268 on: October 20, 2019, 02:51:14 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • FAU had the fumble that should of been called to us, no called. Several times Marshall had WTF penalties when FAU was in on it. The punt toward the end their returner picked up after we touched it and he tried to run it should of been a delay of game.

That was not a delay of game on the punt returners action because that’s not the rule. The ball was not down by the kicking team.  It was considered “illegal touching”.  Therefore the receiving team had the right to pick up ball and run with it.  The funny thing about that rule is that the receiving player can grab it and run 30 yards and fumble and kicking team recover!!!!! The ball would then go back to the receiving team at the spot if the illegal touch.   It’s a wild rule. 

Offline rvntx

« Reply #269 on: October 20, 2019, 11:27:25 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I don’t know what their attendance was but it couldn’t have been more than 10K.

Announced crowd of 15, 138. Saw where they are elated to have such a great crowd.......Guess, it all depends on your perspective.

The following users thanked this post: Buffalo Bop

Offline parshall2marshall

« Reply #270 on: October 20, 2019, 11:35:37 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • That was not a delay of game on the punt returners action because that’s not the rule. The ball was not down by the kicking team.  It was considered “illegal touching”.  Therefore the receiving team had the right to pick up ball and run with it.  The funny thing about that rule is that the receiving player can grab it and run 30 yards and fumble and kicking team recover!!!!! The ball would then go back to the receiving team at the spot if the illegal touch.   It’s a wild rule.

Yeah, that was a smart play by the punt returner. Only risk is if the officials did not see our coverage team touch the ball. Bad camera angle for TV, our player must have touched it with his hand as it went by about 3 feet off the ground.

Now, Scotty may have been referring to a different play. Replays showed the ball coming out early on a FAU runner. Guy was kind of sandwiched between MU defenders and difficult to see the ball coming out early as he was being tackled.
    The forever FREE way to Build Sales Funnels and sell Digital Products online. Build free web sites of all kinds without programming. No credit card needed. Limited time.

https://groovepages.groovesell.com/a/gD4OhvmchDoe

HerdFans.com

« Reply #270 on: October 20, 2019, 11:35:37 AM »