Author Topic: My final post on Herdfans. I give up being a diehard Herd fan.  (Read 843 times)

Offline 01101101

My final post on Herdfans. I give up being a diehard Herd fan.
« on: December 01, 2018, 07:32:54 PM »
  • [Like]2
  • [Dislike]0
  • Today, I move form being a diehard fan to simply a passive wellwisher for Marshall athletics and a complete commercial consumer of sports entertainment.  This was my 22nd season posting on message boards and online social media about this program (as maclid, EvilMaclid, CoachMaclid, and was going to do something else with this random bits handle).  I won't continue with a 23rd.

This football program Marshall has now is an empty shell of what we used to have.  Games have not been fun or entertaining to attend or watch for several years, the quality of our play has slid greatly and we have not had a competent offense for years now.  We've lost 40% of our warmbodies in the stands at football games the last few years, and I'm part of the next percentage out the door.  As someone who sat in the stands in 1989 as a 9 year old watching Marshall play Catawba at Fairfield, somone with a cherished memory of the inaugural stadium game in Sept. 1991, as someone listening and internally observing my grandfather who was a Wayne County deputy sheriff in November 1970 and had to work the scene we all know and to see him listen to every Marshall game on the radio until he passed but could never bring himself to go to a game, I never saw this day coming. 

I reached my limit of what I will support today.  I'm done.  (The 7 negative karma points I've received here were around calling out THECHAMPISHERE for saying he's done until Holliday is gone, but inexplicably, both are still here - but I'm pushing delete on the account).  Anyway, I amdout of the building - just like the who mentiality of our entire football program should be.  Hopefully they'll find a way to get me enthusiastic about Marshall again in the future.

Arrivederci!

The following users thanked this post: forphase1, parshall2marshall, ThunderValley, beau42m, THECHAMPISHERE

HerdFans.com

My final post on Herdfans. I give up being a diehard Herd fan.
    « on: December 01, 2018, 07:32:54 PM »

Offline MUAlum2004

Re: My final post on Herdfans. I give up being a diehard Herd fan.
    « Reply #1 on: December 01, 2018, 07:37:26 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I’m right there as well for the 2nd time this season....

Offline parshall2marshall

All about the Benjamins
    « Reply #2 on: December 01, 2018, 07:51:33 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm not going to post any more about Marshall Football until Hamrick and Doc are gone.

After all we have seen and Herd, this deal with the Always Crooked Conference to me greatly dishonors the 75. I will lurk but post only about basketball. This game should never have been played. Is it too much to ask for for our football games to be decided on the field.
    The forever FREE way to Build Sales Funnels and sell Digital Products online. Build free web sites of all kinds without programming. No credit card needed. Limited time.

https://groovepages.groovesell.com/a/gD4OhvmchDoe

Offline HaveUherd

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2018, 08:33:42 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You’ve been a good poster over the years. Hope it turns around and we get you back at some point.

The following users thanked this post: W0lfman, forphase1, herd33

Offline CoachSkip

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2018, 09:01:04 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I myself have slowed down posting about football.  I'm still a fan , hope they win every game , but I'm just not that into it anymore. I think the program has gotten stale,  the players seem to be just playing , the coaching is predictable , play calling , everything . I'm not sure if getting rid if Doc is the answer , I'm sure it would be a start but to me the atmosphere has to change .
    It takes considerable knowledge just to realize the extent of your own ignorance . --- Thomas Sowell
    If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. --- Ronald Reagan
    Character , not circumstances , make the man. --- Booker T Washington
    Bill Nye is an i d i o t
    Ive never killed a mountain lion with my bare hands but Ive choked a few cougars .

The following users thanked this post: forphase1, parshall2marshall, herd33

Offline HerdFan62

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2018, 11:56:26 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]6
  • What a bunch of whiners. You should be ashamed.  You are not Marshall fans.

Offline goherd24

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2018, 11:57:45 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • What a bunch of whiners. You should be ashamed.  You are not Marshall fans.

Careful Hamrick, you're already going to average 14,000 attendance next season, keep it up and it'll drop further.

The following users thanked this post: Scottyo614

Offline Scottyo614

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2018, 12:04:03 AM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • Maclid you’re a good one. Until college football reforms I don’t think you’ll feel different. Doc could be replaced, hamrick could be replaced but it doesn’t matter. Our access to the access bowl is meaningless. That is the shell. We are Marshall, we play for nothing

Offline HerdFan62

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2018, 12:07:32 AM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • Why don’t you people who care nothing about Marshall find something else to do in your parents’ basement?

Offline THECHAMPISHERE

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2018, 12:09:51 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Today, I move form being a diehard fan

This sucks and I hate to hear this.

We are losing long time supporters here folks. Hardcore guys. These aren't fair weather fans. These are long term, game going, t-shirt wearing, know the roster up and down and backwards, big spending, visit a message board 30 times a day everyday Herd fans. How many more GREAT fans do we have to lose?!!

WAKE UP HAMRICK!

I just hate this...that so many have in droves, starting 3 years ago, given up...but I don't blame them. Herd football is excruciating to watch.

And our AD just sits there and does nothing. Unbelievable.

Offline HerdFan62

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2018, 12:24:37 AM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]1
  • I was a student at Marshall when we were terrible, 1980-84.  You guys have no perspective.  We are in a period where both major programs are very successful.  Wake up!  Hamrick is great.  Doc has a great record.   Basketball just won the conference and upset Wichita State. 

Offline lexkyherdfan

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Heisman
    • GKI Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #11 on: December 02, 2018, 12:52:22 AM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • I am not sure why some let sports being played by 18-22 year old kids make you so upset.  When I figured out that it is just a game and my family is more important and I could still have fun with Marshall sports I enjoyed it much better. That doesn’t mean I hate losses any less or get crazy excited for wins.  I just don’t dwell on it.  My enjoyment went up better.  A loss happens.  It sucks and I move on.  I don’t have to accept it but why be miserable and pout like a baby?  I can’t control it.  But I can choose to go, watch or cheer or not go or turn off the game.  It isn’t apathy in my book...it is prioritizing my life.  I am not any less of a fan. I still recruit big green members...I just choose not to let it make me miserable and pout for a few days.  Also it doesn’t mean I am going to sit around and praise a program when they need criticism either.  If it is deserved then I will be critical and Saturday was a bad day for Marshall too two men’s sports.  Quite frankly pretty sad at how we showed up.

I will be cheering the next hoops game and the Bowl Game though.  Just like I do every week. 
    « Last Edit: December 02, 2018, 12:54:51 AM by lexkyherdfan »

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2018, 12:52:22 AM »

Offline Indyherdfan

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2018, 01:16:07 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]2
  • Don’t let the door hit you, where the dog should of bit you!!!!  Bye

HerdFans.com

« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2018, 01:16:07 AM »