Author Topic: Keeping up with Cam and Jeremy  (Read 11201 times)

Offline Luke80

Re: Keeping up with Cam and Jeremy
« Reply #150 on: February 19, 2018, 12:01:07 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I hope you and your sources are right Herdorbust. I hope Jeremy is the second coming of Jimmy Chitwood. But I am going to be a little skeptical until I see it and I don't have much expectation that he will be ready to help next year.  Here are my concerns  (1) he is playing AA ball in WV and most of the teams he is playing against are simply not that good. 2. Because of the time he spent on football he hasn't played much AAU (if any). 3. His high school team does not appear to be very talented. In short, he hasn't had much opportunity to go up against college level players either in games or in practice.  If he can come in and contribute next year it will be because he truly is a basketball savant.  Also comparing someone to Loop doesn't really mean much to me until the kid proves he can shoot 40% from 3 with a quick release, because that was the only reason Austin ever saw the floor.  Frankly, Austin would have trouble playing on this team because we are playing much faster (particularly on the defensive end) than we have been over the previous three years.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #150 on: February 19, 2018, 12:01:07 PM »

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #151 on: February 19, 2018, 12:08:10 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Well our 2 best players are guards and played in little ole wv. And dont say they played AAA because there isnt that much different. I think jon and cj proves that wv can put out some great players.

Offline Luke80

« Reply #152 on: February 19, 2018, 01:16:33 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I understand that and I fully am on board with the WV kid thing.  I am not saying Jeremy cannot eventually be a great player. I'm just doubting that he will be ready to contribute much next year.  If you look at my points you will see big differences between Jon and CJ and Jeremy.  1 Those two did not play high school football which takes up a lot of time. 2. They both played AAU ball. Jon played a boatload of AAU ball.  3. They both sat out their freshman season and spent that time competing with college level players.

Offline bighat

« Reply #153 on: February 19, 2018, 01:25:00 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • West seems to be doing well.

The following users thanked this post: horsrman

Offline Luke80

« Reply #154 on: February 19, 2018, 01:43:19 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He also played a boatload of AAU ball and did not play HS football.

Offline bighat

« Reply #155 on: February 19, 2018, 02:16:33 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • West did play high school ball.

Online coalherd

« Reply #156 on: February 19, 2018, 03:00:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'd say that several factors will determine how much Dillon will play/contribute next season

First is whether Danny decides to redshirt Cam and George both next season, or just one of them.  George is very athletic.  I'd say Danny will want him to really get into the S&C program this spring and summer.  If he packs on about 15-20# of muscle by the start of school next August, Danny may decide that a stronger, athletic Darius could nicely complement Penava, Iran and Levi and contribute productive depth on our front line next season. 

Secondly, how much turnover will we see among the underclassmen on this year's team?  Koljanin, Bledsoe, Thieneman, will any or all of them be back in 18-19?  With some of their slots opening up, Danny may go hard after a grad transfer forward or athletic juco forward.  That would help determine Dillon's status/playing time next season, IMO.

Not worried about the teams Dillon's Miner squad has played.  Some very competitive teams in WV AA ball this season.  Fairmont Senior has a power house, led by that monster Stills kid, about 6'5" and 260# who is a D1 football recruit at WVU.  Both Logan, with the sophomore Early who already has strong interest from MU and WVU, and Chapmanville, with the 6'9" D1 prospect, have also been played by Mingo Central.

Also, I think the fact that Dillon has played football and was VERY GOOD at it is a Plus, not a minus.  He is quite athletic, and at around 6'5", if he puts on and 15 pounds or so, I'd say he could be pretty solid as a defender, rebounder, etc.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, chris88

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #157 on: February 19, 2018, 09:41:33 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Dillon scored 20 points and grabbed 10 rebounds in a big win this past Saturday against a good Philip Barbour team.

Miners put spurs to the Colts 76-53

http://www.williamsondailynews.com/sports/miners-put-spurs-to-the-colts/article_aba574cc-5d8f-5251-bc95-a6dbf300899b.html

« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 08:41:37 AM by Buffalo Bop »

Offline herddds

« Reply #158 on: February 19, 2018, 10:14:14 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Dillon has played AAU with the WV Wildcats since his 9th grade year.

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #159 on: February 20, 2018, 07:39:05 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• Secondly, how much turnover will we see among the underclassmen on this year's team?  Koljanin, Bledsoe, Thieneman, will any or all of them be back in 18-19? 

The word is that Dani will NOT be returning (his decision, not ours) and that will cover the addition of Levi. Danny is still looking for another player for next year. IF he gets one then  one more will have to go. I have heard, but have not confirmed, that Christian will graduate this year., If so, that would give him many more options other than to sit the bench here.
    Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth..
                   ----Lou Gehrig

The following users thanked this post: coalherd

Offline QuickStrike

« Reply #160 on: February 20, 2018, 09:10:52 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The word is that Dani will NOT be returning (his decision, not ours) and that will cover the addition of Levi. Danny is still looking for another player for next year. IF he gets one then  one more will have to go. I have heard, but have not confirmed, that Christian will graduate this year., If so, that would give him many more options other than to sit the bench here.

Not banging on the players, but the bench not stepping up and contributing more this year has really hurt us.  At least half our 8 losses could be wins.  Instead of 19-8 we could easily be 23-4 right now.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, whf, Collis P, herdorbust

Offline The Right Stuff

« Reply #161 on: February 20, 2018, 01:03:26 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • 15-20 pounds of muscle is very difficult to obtain in a couple of months during the summer I don't care how young you are. Now it can be done illegally

TRS
    MU 71

HerdFans.com

« Reply #161 on: February 20, 2018, 01:03:26 PM »

Offline Collis P

« Reply #162 on: February 20, 2018, 01:48:49 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I believe Jeremy Dillon (6'5 220) can become a smaller WKU Justin Johnson (6'7 240)...... very strong and aggressive.....   
    S M I L E -

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, Buffalo Bop, chris88

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #163 on: February 20, 2018, 06:58:55 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I believe Jeremy Dillon (6'5 220) can become a smaller WKU Justin Johnson (6'7 240)...... very strong and aggressive.....

And the thing about dillon is he has a very high bb iq. He kust knows how to play the game.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, Buffalo Bop

Offline herdfan2015

« Reply #164 on: February 20, 2018, 09:12:01 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Jeremy had 28 in a one point loss to Westside tonight.

The following users thanked this post: Buffalo Bop

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 09:35:08 PM by Buffalo Bop »

Offline miltonherdfan

« Reply #166 on: February 20, 2018, 09:38:55 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]1
  • I hope no one interprets this as questioning a recruit, but if Dillon is going to have a issue it’s more likely to be whether he can play fast enough, not whether he is physical enough. Most of the guys on the end of our bench are there because they cannot play fast enough. It’s going to be a huge jump in game speed from WV AA ball to D1.

west made the jump from A ball

The following users thanked this post: Collis P, herdfan129

Online 2xBison

« Reply #167 on: February 20, 2018, 09:51:41 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • we will see.  I trust DD.

No doubt west made it from small WV ball to D1 successfully as a true freshman.  I recall DD saying he saw him guarding someone (i'm thinking AAU ball) and knew he could play.

As far as Dillon, I agree with folks on both sides of the aisle here.........I saw him play against Nitro, he is a nice physical specimen and athletic and has a beautiful stroke.  that said, he played a lot in the post which he won't at MU, but the few times he was outside he didn't just blow by anyone guarding him and these were not D1 guys, so I did have concerns about his quickness and speed.  But hey, I trust DD, I'm not a D1 talent evaluator and it was just one game.
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #168 on: February 21, 2018, 12:46:25 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • https://www.whiznews.com/2018/02/zanesville-boys-win-ecol-title-outright/

Zanesville beat Meadowbrook to wrap up a conference title 52-50.

Cam led the way with 18 points and 13 rebounds for the Blue Devils.
    « Last Edit: February 21, 2018, 09:23:21 AM by Buffalo Bop »

Offline CoachSkip

« Reply #169 on: February 21, 2018, 01:22:36 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • VanHorn and the Dragons play again on Sat. 24th against the Hillsboro/Washington winner.  The Dragons are ranked 4th in the final Ohio DII poll.
    It takes considerable knowledge just to realize the extent of your own ignorance . --- Thomas Sowell
    If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. --- Ronald Reagan
    Character , not circumstances , make the man. --- Booker T Washington
    Bill Nye is an i d i o t
    Ive never killed a mountain lion with my bare hands but Ive choked a few cougars .

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #170 on: February 21, 2018, 08:07:12 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • VanHorn and the Dragons play again on Sat. 24th against the Hillsboro/Washington winner.  The Dragons are ranked 4th in the final Ohio DII poll.

Thanks. Keep us updated on VanHorn.

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #171 on: February 21, 2018, 11:14:42 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
  •  

HerdFans.com

« Reply #171 on: February 21, 2018, 11:14:42 AM »

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #172 on: February 21, 2018, 06:47:14 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • https://www.whiznews.com/2018/02/zanesville-boys-win-ecol-title-outright/

Zanesville beat Meadowbrook to wrap up a conference title 52-50.

Cam led the way with 18 points and 13 rebounds for the Blue Devils.

I was talking to Steve Cotton today. He rode over to see Cam last night with Corny. He said his body frame made Jaanson Williams look huge. He said he is REALLY thin but will certainly be able to play our style. This is, of course, why Danny wants to redshirt him.
    Mark will be going to Florida next week to take another look at a player there and we COULD have a HS senior visitor from Columbus in town Saturday night
    Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth..
                   ----Lou Gehrig

The following users thanked this post: lovetheherd2, parshall2marshall, Buffalo Bop

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #173 on: February 21, 2018, 07:41:53 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I was talking to Steve Cotton today. He rode over to see Cam last night with Corny. He said his body frame made Jaanson Williams look huge. He said he is REALLY thin but will certainly be able to play our style. This is, of course, why Danny wants to redshirt him.
    Mark will be going to Florida next week to take another look at a player there and we COULD have a HS senior visitor from Columbus in town Saturday night

According to VC, Marshall has offered 6-4 G Taevion Kinsey from Columbus.

http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/taevion-kinsey

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #174 on: February 21, 2018, 07:53:32 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • According to VC, Marshall has offered 6-4 G Taevion Kinsey from Columbus.

http://www.verbalcommits.com/players/taevion-kinsey

This kid has to be careful from busting his head on the rim. He can get up!!!!

HerdFans.com

« Reply #174 on: February 21, 2018, 07:53:32 PM »