Author Topic: Keeping up with Cam and Jeremy  (Read 11200 times)

Online chris88

Re: Keeping up with Cam and Jeremy
« Reply #125 on: February 04, 2018, 09:15:41 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Van Horn looks like he can board and has the frame to be effective in many scenarios.  There is also the chance that he grows another inch or two.  Another big body that could contribute in practice and games vs right opponents.  Certainly has upside IMO.  Might play a little stiff but he doesn't have concrete feet like, for example, Taco Fall at UCF...which should mean he can become more flexible with training.
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

HerdFans.com

« Reply #125 on: February 04, 2018, 09:15:41 AM »

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #126 on: February 04, 2018, 09:36:41 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Van Horn is also a pretty good shot blocker too. In a game last night against Chesapeake, he blocked eight shots and altered many others.

http://www.herald-dispatch.com/sports/high_school_sports/fairland-boys-crush-chesapeake/article_ee291a86-b5b5-5b3b-bf52-f541f4f7cb1a.html

The following users thanked this post: lovetheherd2

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #127 on: February 06, 2018, 09:09:19 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • https://twitter.com/wvprephoops/status/961056630782791685?s=17

Dillon crushes his old school tonight scoring 32 points!

The following users thanked this post: lovetheherd2, chris88

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #128 on: February 10, 2018, 08:40:19 AM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • Cam Brooks-Harris scores a game-high 24 points and adds 12 rebounds, five blocks, three steals and three assists in a win last night over Cambridge!

http://www.zanesvilletimesrecorder.com/story/sports/high-school/basketball/boys/2018/02/09/early-surge-sends-blue-devils-past-bobcats/325101002/

Meanwhile, Dillon scores 24 points and gets 9 rbs in a big win over Wayne (see post on main board of this game)

http://www.herald-dispatch.com/sports/high_school_sports/brown-dillon-carry-miners-past-wayne-in-physical-contest/article_f0748d22-c72d-5f86-bba3-48dea490833f.html

Also, Kollin Van Horn's Fairland Dragons plays Waverly today

Stay tuned. . .

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #129 on: February 10, 2018, 11:40:26 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Dillon is physically ready to go from day 1. And i'm sure football has really made him a tough competitor.

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #130 on: February 10, 2018, 12:01:17 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Dillon is physically ready to go from day 1. And i'm sure football has really made him a tough competitor.

From his pic in the H-D article, you can tell he’s no stranger in the weight room.

The following users thanked this post: lovetheherd2, herdorbust

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #131 on: February 11, 2018, 09:00:19 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    The Dragons (18-3), the sixth-ranked team in Ohio Division II, took advantage of a meltdown by Waverly to pull away for a 67-52 victory Saturday in the Beasts of the Southeast boys high school basketball showcase at Norm Persin Court.

aiah Howell led Fairland with 21 points. Kollin Van Horn scored 16 points, grabbed 12 rebounds and blocked three shots. Ty Wilcoxon came off the bench to score 11 points and snag seven rebounds.

http://www.herald-dispatch.com/sports/high_school_sports/dragons-beat-waverly-caldwell-wins-th-in-beasts-of-southeast/article_5820b6cc-c209-5291-9d2c-196d31ef0b94.html

Aronde Myers led all scorers with 23 points and Cameron Brooks-Harris added 20 with a game-high nine rebounds -- they combined for 39 points in Friday's win against Cambridge -- as Zanesville outscored the hosts 17-2 in the second quarter to build a 28-14 halftime lead.

http://www.zanesvilletimesrecorder.com/story/sports/high-school/2018/02/10/boys-basketball-zhs-passes-road-test/326915002/

The following users thanked this post: lovetheherd2

Offline wlf

« Reply #132 on: February 11, 2018, 05:47:02 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Thanks for keeping us informed Bb.

The following users thanked this post: lovetheherd2, Buffalo Bop, goherd14562

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #133 on: February 13, 2018, 09:03:49 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • http://www.williamsondailynews.com/sports/mingo-miners-pound-lincoln-panthers/article_ffb0cc33-7a5f-5ca7-901f-a024b981a9f9.html

Mingo Central played a makeup game on Saturday against Lincoln Co. and won 69-55. Dillon scored 15 points in the contest.

Next game is a home game tonight against the No.2 ranked team Chapmanville Tigers!

Cam Brooks-Harris's Zanesville team also plays tonight at Lancaster.

Offline rvntx

« Reply #134 on: February 13, 2018, 03:21:04 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Mingo Central was down at half and turned in on in 2nd half.

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #135 on: February 14, 2018, 10:13:47 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #136 on: February 15, 2018, 12:38:29 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Chapmanville showed why they are one of the best teams in the state by blasting Mingo Central 50-29 on the Miners home court. Dillon struggled to hit shots and only scored 7 points.

http://www.williamsondailynews.com/sports/tigers-blister-nets-top-mingo/article_3153944f-8642-5d23-a3c4-c35c0e09890b.html

HerdFans.com

« Reply #136 on: February 15, 2018, 12:38:29 AM »

Offline QuickStrike

« Reply #137 on: February 15, 2018, 07:18:32 AM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0

We've heard about Brook-Harris red shirting next season.....why not Dillon also?  Especially when you consider we will be 9 deep.  Not many minutes available.  Seems either Dillon or George should RS. 

Perimeters- Elmore, Burks, West, Watson, George
    Bigs- Penava, Bennett, Williams, Cook

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall

Online HoPPy785

« Reply #138 on: February 15, 2018, 09:26:13 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We've heard about Brook-Harris red shirting next season.....why not Dillon also?  Especially when you consider we will be 9 deep.  Not many minutes available.  Seems either Dillon or George should RS. 

Perimeters- Elmore, Burks, West, Watson, George
    Bigs- Penava, Bennett, Williams, Cook

The more informed could tell me if I'm wrong, but I believe Dillon will play because he is physically ready. He will get some minutes and experience so we have an extra guard with game time experience the year after. Brook-Harris will for sure RS and I believe George might also, unless he manages to really bulk up this summer. I believe DD RSs more for body development, rather than skill development.

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #139 on: February 16, 2018, 09:32:30 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Nitro beat Mingo Central 62-57 tonight

https://twitter.com/RickRyanWV/status/964708764367708160?s=20

https://twitter.com/RickRyanWV/status/964675015143763968?s=20

Although MC lost, it was a good night for Jeremy who brought his A game tonight.
    « Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 09:05:42 AM by Buffalo Bop »

Offline CoachSkip

« Reply #140 on: February 17, 2018, 01:47:38 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • VanHorns Dragons beat Rock Hill Friday night , 74-46 , their 46th straight OVC win . Kollin had 12pts and 9 rebs .

Kollins teammate and Melvin Cunninghams boy Keedrick had 15 pts. , curious to where he might end up for football.
    It takes considerable knowledge just to realize the extent of your own ignorance . --- Thomas Sowell
    If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. --- Ronald Reagan
    Character , not circumstances , make the man. --- Booker T Washington
    Bill Nye is an i d i o t
    Ive never killed a mountain lion with my bare hands but Ive choked a few cougars .

The following users thanked this post: Buffalo Bop

Online hookem herd

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • All American
    • Member Since 01/2010
    « Reply #141 on: February 17, 2018, 02:30:30 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • W.V.State

Greg Adkins

Offline CoachSkip

« Reply #142 on: February 17, 2018, 02:38:29 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • W.V.State

Ya know , I just read that article a couple days ago and I already forgot , geesh , getting older is really starting to suck.

It takes considerable knowledge just to realize the extent of your own ignorance . --- Thomas Sowell
    If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. --- Ronald Reagan
    Character , not circumstances , make the man. --- Booker T Washington
    Bill Nye is an i d i o t
    Ive never killed a mountain lion with my bare hands but Ive choked a few cougars .

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #143 on: February 17, 2018, 09:08:55 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Ya know , I just read that article a couple days ago and I already forgot , geesh , getting older is really starting to suck.

I know the feeling.  ;D

Offline QuickStrike

« Reply #144 on: February 17, 2018, 09:25:41 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The more informed could tell me if I'm wrong, but I believe Dillon will play because he is physically ready. He will get some minutes and experience so we have an extra guard with game time experience the year after. Brook-Harris will for sure RS and I believe George might also, unless he manages to really bulk up this summer. I believe DD RSs more for body development, rather than skill development.

I think you are right about Dillion.  Since we are losing 3 Guards after next season it probably makes sense for DD to get Dillon some PT next season to be ready to contribute more the following year.  Needs to be some ready-to-go Guards to replace Elmore,  Burks, Watson when the time comes.  Unless DD wants to go 10 deep looks like George may be RSing next season to get bigger/stronger.

2018-19'
    Guards - Elmore, Burks, West, Watson, Dillon
    Forwards- Penava, Bennett, Williams, Cook

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #145 on: February 18, 2018, 12:34:42 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #146 on: February 18, 2018, 08:42:54 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • https://twitter.com/MinersSportsNet/status/965056863422373888

It seems the Miners have been watching a few of our games!  ;D

The following users thanked this post: herdorbust

HerdFans.com

« Reply #146 on: February 18, 2018, 08:42:54 AM »

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #147 on: February 18, 2018, 11:38:31 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • That kid looks ready to play physically. I think he is going to be another of Danny's WV dandies!!!!

Offline Luke80

« Reply #148 on: February 18, 2018, 12:00:58 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I hope no one interprets this as questioning a recruit, but if Dillon is going to have a issue it’s more likely to be whether he can play fast enough, not whether he is physical enough. Most of the guys on the end of our bench are there because they cannot play fast enough. It’s going to be a huge jump in game speed from WV AA ball to D1.

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #149 on: February 18, 2018, 12:24:37 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I hope no one interprets this as questioning a recruit, but if Dillon is going to have a issue it’s more likely to be whether he can play fast enough, not whether he is physical enough. Most of the guys on the end of our bench are there because they cannot play fast enough. It’s going to be a huge jump in game speed from WV AA ball to D1.

He is much faster than Loop. And from all I hear he just knows how to play the game of basketball. They say he makes the game look simple and will be even better around more skilled players.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #149 on: February 18, 2018, 12:24:37 PM »