Author Topic: WV late season collapse  (Read 496 times)

Offline herdorbust

WV late season collapse
« on: March 15, 2018, 11:23:54 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • WV lost 9 out of the last 18 games after winning there first 15 out of 16. But no matter how many times they lost they stayed in the top 25. Playing .500 ball the second half of the year (18 games) was not impressive. I know they played in a tough conference, but losing half of your last 18 games isn't like a team that is dominate. If we can get by Wichita St we have a shot at a sweet 16 birth. Very tough, but not impossible.

HerdFans.com

WV late season collapse
    « on: March 15, 2018, 11:23:54 AM »

Offline pdunn

Re: WV late season collapse
    « Reply #1 on: March 15, 2018, 01:47:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I don't know that they'll get by Murray.
    "On rainy days, the early justices would enliven case conferences with wine. On other days, even if the sun was shining, Chief Justice John Marshall would order wine anyway, saying, 'Our jurisdiction is so vast that it must be raining somewhere.' "

Offline coalherd

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2018, 08:01:09 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Their physicality, size and constant defensive pressure, i.e., press, are the main factors that we would have to cope with.  If we can get our O flowing in a rhythm, then I think we have a good chance.  Let's beat the Shockers first!!

The following users thanked this post: ed swain

Offline herdadreh

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2018, 08:39:54 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • I have enjoyed not caring anything about WVU athletics for a long time. No time to break my streak now, even if we could play them with a win. Carry on...

The following users thanked this post: Herdmeister, LUVTHATHERD

Offline k00laid

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2018, 11:13:07 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I don’t root for them and I do believe they are getting a lot of respect but to be honest the 18 games were conference in what is at least by the RPI standard the toughest in the country. I personally think they should have been a 7 or 8 seed, WVU fans I’ve talked to are pissed they aren’t a 4. Who knows

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Let's Go Herd!

Online chris88

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2018, 11:34:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Except for 1 shooter they struggle with half court offense.....which is likely why the NCAA want them vs Wichita in rd 2 as Shockers don't have great guards and WVU can probably press them into TO's.
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

Offline Herdmeister

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2018, 07:04:22 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I know only one name in the entire wvu basketball family. Bob Huggins. The last second of wvu basketball I watched was the last time we played them in Charleston. Pretty much the same with football. Holgerson is the only name I know.
    Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth..
                   ----Lou Gehrig

The following users thanked this post: herdadreh

HerdFans.com

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2018, 07:04:22 AM »