Author Topic: Hoops commits  (Read 3531 times)

Offline MarshallSteve

Re: Hoops commits
« Reply #75 on: May 06, 2024, 09:29:14 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• But remember Dan said we were too good to go to Morehead and play in their high school gym. Dans thinking was all over the place and never rooted in reality.
    Dan had nothing to do with that decision. The reason not to go back to Morehead was for good reason that not many people are aware of.

Sent from my SM-A546U using Tapatalk

HerdFans.com

« Reply #75 on: May 06, 2024, 09:29:14 AM »

Online MUfan08

« Reply #76 on: May 06, 2024, 10:04:40 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Dan had nothing to do with that decision. The reason not to go back to Morehead was for good reason that not many people are aware of.

We are all ears

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995, parshall2marshall, svherd, ru4mu2, miltonherdfan, herdfan129

Online MUfan08

« Reply #77 on: May 06, 2024, 10:19:53 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Wonder if Dan, Mike and some others have thrown some cash into the kitty. We are in a pickle. We don't have a lot of big time donors, and the smaller peon donors like me can't afford huge amounts. Thus, do we continue to give to the BG, or do we pull those funds and allocate them to a specific sports NIL? Tough decision.

Currently, for the regular fans there is not really a benefit to donate to the NIL.
    There is the ThunderTrust where you can donate basically $20 dollars a month, but that is small change.
    Also, regular fans cannot write off NIL donates since they are not tax exempt. From that point, the Big Green is still the best route for personal finance.

Now for companies, those are the ones needed for NIL contributions. Besides the larger amounts/gifts they can donate, they can place their NIL contributions and it be a part of their budget for marketing and can use it as well for their tax benefits for advertising.

Would expect a lot of changes with the rules in the next 16 months with the NCAA though.

Offline herdorbust2

« Reply #78 on: May 06, 2024, 10:24:35 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Dan had nothing to do with that decision. The reason not to go back to Morehead was for good reason that not many people are aware of.

Well that isn't what Dan told me out of his own mouth. He said he didn't want to go back to EKU and Morehead because of their facilities.

The following users thanked this post: svherd

Offline svherd

« Reply #79 on: May 06, 2024, 10:40:48 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • So, what I am getting from all of this is, the mens program is a total mess, need ballers, need money, new HC, etc. The outlook short term is not comforting, and not sure Corny can turn it around. All we can do is hope he can. Gonna be tough.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, Flat Tire 2, HoPPy785, herdorbust2

Offline whf

« Reply #80 on: May 06, 2024, 11:48:09 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • So, what I am getting from all of this is, the mens program is a total mess, need ballers, need money, new HC, etc. The outlook short term is not comforting, and not sure Corny can turn it around. All we can do is hope he can. Gonna be tough.
    [/quoteTend to agree, but I've got this gut feeling that we may be grossly underestimating Corny.  I doubt he'd take this job if he didn't think he could pull it off, why take such a risk with his career.  The contract length isn't enough to bet on long term results, guess we'll all have to hope; and help him anyway we possibly can. I think one way is to get our butts in the seats, starting in November.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, svherd, horsrman, HoPPy785

Offline 2xBison

« Reply #81 on: May 06, 2024, 12:39:23 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    [/quoteTend to agree, but I've got this gut feeling that we may be grossly underestimating Corny.  I doubt he'd take this job if he didn't think he could pull it off, why take such a risk with his career.  The contract length isn't enough to bet on long term results, guess we'll all have to hope; and help him anyway we possibly can. I think one way is to get our butts in the seats, starting in November.

what risk?  it's the only D1 offer he is getting from anyone, especially now and maybe ever.  "i'm not taking this job that is a huge raise and huge increase in stature because it might not pan out" said no one ever. especially when the down side is returning to the same position you have held for years.

That said, I'm behind CJ and hope it works out.  Obviously we have issues with both major sports and the NIL has just compounded our already existing money issues.
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, HoPPy785, herdorbust2

Offline wlf

« Reply #82 on: May 07, 2024, 02:07:06 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You have been dead on accurate on every thing you have said. And it has helped me to realize Marshall can't compete with Longwood, Robert Morris etc,, it's really sad when you can't compete with those schools and made my decision about getting season tickets for me and losing almost all the interest in my favorite sport and team ever. I appreciate your honesty and info.

Me too.

College basketball is now corporate and corporate greed is out of control. They use every excuse to make more money. It's the result of unfettered greed across the board.

It's always about the money and politics  allows it to happen.

The following users thanked this post: herdorbust2

HerdFans.com

« Reply #82 on: May 07, 2024, 02:07:06 PM »