Author Topic: Chase a different QB  (Read 6259 times)

riflearm3

Re: Chase a different QB
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2017, 05:08:32 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
  • you know this post does a good job of not only throwing the OL under the bus, but CL as well.

The offense was ranked 114th in the country while facing one of the easiest schedules. Knowing that, the bus has monster wheels on it, so there is plenty of room under it for those worthy.

that said, the post doesn't make sense.  Why would Chase make incorrect line calls relative to 6 and 7 man protections?  Wouldn't those calls come from the bench/sideline? 

It makes plenty of sense if you know football. Since your post clearly shows you don't, I will have to get a bit wordy with this explanation.

The biggest issues young QBs have in college are 1) the speed of the game 2) understanding pass protection. That's why empty formations or four-wides are a young QBs best friend. Why? It forces the defense to spread out. If you have five receivers (so no RBs and no TEs) in the game, the defense has to get everyone out of the box except for five players at the most (assuming they aren't in cover 0). What does that do? It allows the QB to see that only the five guys in the box are going to bring pressure since the alignment of the other defenders won't be able to get to him in time. In other words, the QB knows his five lineman have the five guys who can come (usually four defensive lineman and the "Mike"). Young QBs easily understand this concept and don't have to worry about not getting the blitz picked up.

Chase struggled with six and seven man protection, as I posted earlier. When you start getting into six and seven man protection, there are a lot more defenders in the box. Why? Because when you have six/seven players able to pick up defenders, it means defenders are much closer to those offensive players and not spread out like in an empty package.

It isn't as simple as identifying who the "Mike" is. You have to know who can get you (what defender will be free if he blitzes), who can't get you, how many it takes from each side to get you, who will be the hot read if a particular defender does come, communicating with that particular receiver that he should run the hot route if that particular defender comes, etc. Now, since Litton struggled with six and seven man protection, that full package wasn't available (identifying the hot defender, communicating that with the receiver, etc.). Further, with Marshall's strategy of snapping the ball as fast as they can, it doesn't allow 1) a QB much time to read the defense pre-snap and make those determinations 2) the defense to even set up many times, so a QB can't really be sure what coverage they are in or who can get them since the defenders are scrambling to get into position before the ball is snapped. But, that's an entirely different topic that coaches aren't putting enough emphasis on.

As a result of more defenders being able to get the QB, he has to be able to slide the line certain ways in order to allow them to pick up the blitz. Of course, defenses aren't going to make it nice and easy for you, so they will disguise what they are bringing. That will confuse a QB even more. So, if he slides the line the wrong way, it results in too many guys coming free that can't be picked up. If Chase struggled with that, as he did, it would make the line look terrible even though they were doing exactly what he told them to do.

Wouldn't those calls come from the bench/sideline? 

Wouldn't a call of which way to slide the line, telling a RB that he has to stay in and protect if one or one of two defenders comes, etc. come from the bench/sideline? Ha, no, that would be impossible. The sideline would have no idea what the defense is going to do/show. It would be impossible for them to make a protection adjustment unless they look at how the defense is set up and then somehow communicate that to Chase, then have enough time for him to tell the line. If that were the case, any half-assed defensive coordinator would see this on film, instruct his defense to show one thing and wait for Chase to make the protection call, then simply have his defense adjust.

I am sure MU has a coach in the booth that communicates if it is a Mike situation or a sub situation.

Huh? What does that even mean? What the hell is a "Mike situation" or a "sub situation?"

I would think that would be a call from the sideline as to a 6 or 7 man pass protection scheme.

Again, this shows you don't understand the game. A play will start off as a five man, six man, seven man, etc. protection. Based on what the defense shows, this can be adjusted by having a TE stay in, telling a RB that he isn't free-releasing anymore if a certain defender(s) comes, etc. The original play already has the protection built into it, but if a QB doesn't understand how to adjust (identify in 6 or 7 man protection) when needed, they're screwed. It results in having to throw bubbles (and RPOs, to a less extent) all day.

If he cant identify the Mike, have the C do it.   

Again, this shows you don't understand the game. Identifying the Mike isn't the issue. Identifying the Mike simply tells the five offensive lineman which five defenders they are blocking. The issue was that if six or seven defenders came (hence "six and seven man protection"), Chase wasn't making the correct calls/slides for the line and/or adjustments for the RB/hot reads/etc. Identifying the Mike isn't really that difficult.

I don't think this was the real issue that you state. 

It was a major issue with the line and protection last year. Why would I just make this %^&* up?

I didn't take it that way.  His post was more of an opinion or comment rather than a throw players under the bus statement.

Thanks. It wasn't an opinion though. It is a fact. Chase had major issues understanding six and seven man protection last year. This wasn't an observation I made but rather a fact that Chase and the appropriate coaches acknowledge.
    « Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 06:43:08 PM by riflearm3 »

The following users thanked this post: HerdHead, Apollo

HerdFans.com

« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2017, 05:08:32 PM »

Online s1uggo

« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2017, 12:23:28 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • yes that was wordy, and mostly full of a bunch of BS to make you sound like you know what you are doing, but whatever.  When you said, 'Huh? What does that even mean? What the hell is a "Mike situation" or a "sub situation?"
    it clearly shows you don't know what you don't know.  I am assuming that there is a 4-3 front like 90% of the teams we play (and that's just off the top of my head, it may only be 87.5%).  Most O's need to know, do they have 3 lbers in the game (Mike) or did they go nickel (sub).  So a coach makes a call, Mike or sub.  So if it is sub, they know they have to block at most 6 and , they have 6 (OL and RB) if they bring more, the QB needs to know who would be the free rusher, and control him with his hot.  teams usually trigger the protection to the 1 5 side, so the C OG will have the 1 and the bs LBer, OT on the 5, so the backside is secure, and they fan the 3 7 side with the OG and OT with the RB on the frontside LB. So if they bring 6, 6 are blocked, if they bring 7, that's on the QB to read the hot.  If you really want to secure the BS, just trigger the RB weak, so you could block 4 off the BS and leave the QB to handle everything frontside.
    If you have a Mike situation, now you have to account for 7, and the only way to that is either with another RB or the TE, you decide.

But none of this is the point, the point is simply, you threw a bunch of kids under the bus, who all they do is bust their (@/:; to be as good as they can be, get up 4 o'clock in the AM to lift and work out (OL). then   you say the QB doesn't get them in the correct protections, and then you throw him under the bus, because you say he doesn't understand. And then you double down when the guy says you were offering and opinion, and you jump him and say it is fact. You do this all to make you look like some kind of expert, of which you are not.

Because if you know anything at all, you should also know, its not what I know, it is what your players know.
    Our job should be  to support the players, and not call them out when all they do is bust their butts.

BTW with a young QB the best way to help him is with a running game, but it would be tough to do that with 5 wides in the game.  We can leave that for another day.

riflearm3

« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2017, 01:48:03 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • yes that was wordy, and mostly full of a bunch of BS to make you sound like you know what you are doing, but whatever.  When you said, 'Huh? What does that even mean? What the hell is a "Mike situation" or a "sub situation?"
    it clearly shows you don't know what you don't know. 

Want to compare resumes to see who knows what they are talking about?

- all state QB
     - all-time record holder at my high school (20 years later) for passing yards in a season
     - quality control coach for QBs at an FBS where my QB signed with the Denver Broncos and we led the COUNTRY in fewest sacks allowed (may know a thing or two about protection, eh?)
     - QB coach at a top 25 FCS (back-to-back seasons) which destroyed a C-USA team, beat a C-USA team again the following year, had his QB lead the COUNTRY (FCS) in pass efficiency, and signed with a CFL team
     - QB coach at another FCS whose QB, as a first-year starting sophomore, finished in the top 10 in the country in passing yards per game, total offense per game, TD/INT ratio, and completions per game; QB was one of only six FCS QBs to be invited to the prestigious Manning Passing Academy as a counselor; I, too, was invited once again to coach there; QB was twice named the conference player of the week in nine games played even though the #1 offense and #1 QB in the country were in the same conference; QB was named the player of the week in the country one week; led recruiting which finished 9th in the country (FCS) by 247 Sports even though we played our home games in a bad high school stadium, were in a non-fertile recruiting area, and didn't have the full allotment of allowed scholarships at the FCS level.
     - after being out of football for ten years and having absolutely no contacts still in the industry, have been hired full-time at an FBS to coach on the defensive side of the ball and special teams (even though my four years of previous coaching have all been on the offensive side) due to what I bring to the table; was hired in January and helped team finish #1 in the conference in recruiting by 247 Sports . . . and, oh yeah, we are also #1 once again for the 2018 class so far.

Most O's need to know, do they have 3 lbers in the game (Mike) or did they go nickel (sub).

That's entirely wrong. It doesn't matter if it is a linebacker, a nickel, a safety, or a three technique. Protection isn't based on what position each player is. A nickel can blitz just as easily as a Mike. A cornerback can blitz easily which is why proper protection is taught based on who can come (if a safety is "capped" over a cornerback, the corner can definitely come with the safety covering that receiver). At no time would a coach ever instruct a QB to care about how many LBs are in the game. All defenders are a threat regardless of their title/position; you simply look at how they are positioned in relation to where the receivers and other defenders are. If you have twin receivers covered by a cornerback and an outside linebacker while the 1-high safety is pushed towards the middle of the field, you know that neither that cornerback nor LB defender can come. If the 1-high safety is cheated on top of the twin set (10 yards behind the corner and LB), it is likely that one of those two defenders is coming. It has absolutely no relevance if a defense has two LBs and a nickel in or three LBs in the game. That's asinine.

Most O's need to know, do they have 3 lbers in the game (Mike) or did they go nickel (sub).  So a coach makes a call, Mike or sub.  So if it is sub, they know they have to block at most 6 and , they have 6 (OL and RB)

Having coached at four D1 schools and discussed protection with dozens of other D1 coaches, I have never heard of this "philosophy." Nobody gives a %^&*, relating to protection, if you have three LBs and two safeties in or if you want just speed and have five safeties in. This "sub" rule is comically bad. Nobody gives a %^&* about their title/position. They want to know where they are on the field in relation to offensive players and other defenders.

You're telling me that if a defense puts in 5 safeties but has three of them align as linebackers, that an offensive coordinator will say "sub" because, since they're safeties, they can't blitz?

Think about how dumb your plan is. Lets say they bring a nickel into the game. That means they have four lineman (accepting the assumption you made), two LBs, and five defensive backs (hence, "nickel" coverage). Four lineman and two LBs equal six. That means you still have to make a Mike call so the line knows which five they have and either 1) the RB knows who his man is or 2) if in a five-man protection, the QB will know who his hot read is (meaning the sixth defender who isn't picked up by the line). So, how would calling "sub" help anything? Christ. That doesn't even mention how a nickel and/or safeties and/or corners could also blitz. But, hey, since they called "sub," it means only six can come according to you.

I have no idea what your "1 5 side" and numbers represent. I am guessing they represent a counting system going across of defenders you think can come. If so, that is a recipe for disaster. It is just like a kickoff return team counting coverage players as to whom they can block. If your numbered defender decides to stunt or cross the center's face, is the offensive lineman going to chase him across the formation? Are they going to yell "switch" or try to pass off anyone who crosses their face?

It appears that you had a high school coach who really didn't understand protection and created his own system trying to find out how to do something. You then ran with it thinking that was how protection is taught.

If you have a Mike situation, now you have to account for 7, and the only way to that is either with another RB or the TE, you decide.

This is yet another example of how bogus this "plan" is. Assume the offense goes empty, so they have five wideouts in (or any mix of five eligible receivers lined up in normal receiver positions). Clearly, even if a defense goes cover 0 (man defense where there is no safety help), in order for them to cover every receiver, they will have five defenders tied up in coverage. So, how in this "Mike situation" does an offense have to account for 7? Will the defense just decide not to cover somebody so that they can bring 7 defenders? See how absurd your attempts at rules are?

But none of this is the point, the point is simply, you threw a bunch of kids under the bus,

Actually, if you were better with reading comprehension, you'd see that I defended the line. It appeared that they messed up more than they actually did in protection, but I argued it wasn't always their fault as Chase didn't have a good understanding of six and seven man protection.

who all they do is bust their (@/:; to be as good as they can be, get up 4 o'clock in the AM to lift and work out (OL).

Lets hope they aren't getting up to lift at 4 am, as that would be a violation (assuming they are lifting at 4 am or 5 am or even 5:59 am). But you knew that already, huh? No? Of course you didn't, just like you have no idea what you are talking about at any point in this thread.

you say the QB doesn't get them in the correct protections, and then you throw him under the bus, because you say he doesn't understand. And then you double down when the guy says you were offering and opinion, and you jump him and say it is fact. 

It is a fact. Chase didn't have a good understanding of their six and seven man protection last year. He claims to now have it down this year. Again, that isn't an opinion. It is a fact that isn't contested by Chase or the offensive staff.

It wasn't throwing him under the bus. It was showing that the criticism of the O-line wasn't always fair, as many times they were not the ones at fault even though an untrained eye may be led to believe otherwise.

You do this all to make you look like some kind of expert, of which you are not.

Well, I don't claim to be an expert, but I do have numerous FBS head coaches and coordinators contacting me asking how I teach certain things (including protection) to young QBs.

Maybe if you get the newest edition of Madden Football for your video game system, you'll be a little better educated on this subject . . . "Mike or sub."  ;D
    « Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 01:55:42 AM by riflearm3 »

Offline Apollo

« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2017, 02:33:12 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

•  - after being out of football for ten years and having absolutely no contacts still in the industry, have been hired full-time at an FBS to coach on the defensive side of the ball and special teams (even though my four years of previous coaching have all been on the offensive side) due to what I bring to the table; was hired in January and helped team finish #1 in the conference in recruiting by 247 Sports . . . and, oh yeah, we are also #1 once again for the 2018 class so far.

Thats cool as hell man. Congrats. Which school you at? I'll have to root for two teams this fall.

Online s1uggo

« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2017, 08:55:09 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Want to compare resumes to see who knows what they are talking about?

- all state QB
     - all-time record holder at my high school (20 years later) for passing yards in a season
     - quality control coach for QBs at an FBS where my QB signed with the Denver Broncos and we led the COUNTRY in fewest sacks allowed (may know a thing or two about protection, eh?)
     - QB coach at a top 25 FCS (back-to-back seasons) which destroyed a C-USA team, beat a C-USA team again the following year, had his QB lead the COUNTRY (FCS) in pass efficiency, and signed with a CFL team
     - QB coach at another FCS whose QB, as a first-year starting sophomore, finished in the top 10 in the country in passing yards per game, total offense per game, TD/INT ratio, and completions per game; QB was one of only six FCS QBs to be invited to the prestigious Manning Passing Academy as a counselor; I, too, was invited once again to coach there; QB was twice named the conference player of the week in nine games played even though the #1 offense and #1 QB in the country were in the same conference; QB was named the player of the week in the country one week; led recruiting which finished 9th in the country (FCS) by 247 Sports even though we played our home games in a bad high school stadium, were in a non-fertile recruiting area, and didn't have the full allotment of allowed scholarships at the FCS level.
     - after being out of football for ten years and having absolutely no contacts still in the industry, have been hired full-time at an FBS to coach on the defensive side of the ball and special teams (even though my four years of previous coaching have all been on the offensive side) due to what I bring to the table; was hired in January and helped team finish #1 in the conference in recruiting by 247 Sports . . . and, oh yeah, we are also #1 once again for the 2018 class so far.

That's entirely wrong. It doesn't matter if it is a linebacker, a nickel, a safety, or a three technique. Protection isn't based on what position each player is. A nickel can blitz just as easily as a Mike. A cornerback can blitz easily which is why proper protection is taught based on who can come (if a safety is "capped" over a cornerback, the corner can definitely come with the safety covering that receiver). At no time would a coach ever instruct a QB to care about how many LBs are in the game. All defenders are a threat regardless of their title/position; you simply look at how they are positioned in relation to where the receivers and other defenders are. If you have twin receivers covered by a cornerback and an outside linebacker while the 1-high safety is pushed towards the middle of the field, you know that neither that cornerback nor LB defender can come. If the 1-high safety is cheated on top of the twin set (10 yards behind the corner and LB), it is likely that one of those two defenders is coming. It has absolutely no relevance if a defense has two LBs and a nickel in or three LBs in the game. That's asinine.

Having coached at four D1 schools and discussed protection with dozens of other D1 coaches, I have never heard of this "philosophy." Nobody gives a %^&*, relating to protection, if you have three LBs and two safeties in or if you want just speed and have five safeties in. This "sub" rule is comically bad. Nobody gives a %^&* about their title/position. They want to know where they are on the field in relation to offensive players and other defenders.

You're telling me that if a defense puts in 5 safeties but has three of them align as linebackers, that an offensive coordinator will say "sub" because, since they're safeties, they can't blitz?

Think about how dumb your plan is. Lets say they bring a nickel into the game. That means they have four lineman (accepting the assumption you made), two LBs, and five defensive backs (hence, "nickel" coverage). Four lineman and two LBs equal six. That means you still have to make a Mike call so the line knows which five they have and either 1) the RB knows who his man is or 2) if in a five-man protection, the QB will know who his hot read is (meaning the sixth defender who isn't picked up by the line). So, how would calling "sub" help anything? Christ. That doesn't even mention how a nickel and/or safeties and/or corners could also blitz. But, hey, since they called "sub," it means only six can come according to you.

I have no idea what your "1 5 side" and numbers represent. I am guessing they represent a counting system going across of defenders you think can come. If so, that is a recipe for disaster. It is just like a kickoff return team counting coverage players as to whom they can block. If your numbered defender decides to stunt or cross the center's face, is the offensive lineman going to chase him across the formation? Are they going to yell "switch" or try to pass off anyone who crosses their face?

It appears that you had a high school coach who really didn't understand protection and created his own system trying to find out how to do something. You then ran with it thinking that was how protection is taught.

This is yet another example of how bogus this "plan" is. Assume the offense goes empty, so they have five wideouts in (or any mix of five eligible receivers lined up in normal receiver positions). Clearly, even if a defense goes cover 0 (man defense where there is no safety help), in order for them to cover every receiver, they will have five defenders tied up in coverage. So, how in this "Mike situation" does an offense have to account for 7? Will the defense just decide not to cover somebody so that they can bring 7 defenders? See how absurd your attempts at rules are?

Actually, if you were better with reading comprehension, you'd see that I defended the line. It appeared that they messed up more than they actually did in protection, but I argued it wasn't always their fault as Chase didn't have a good understanding of six and seven man protection.

Lets hope they aren't getting up to lift at 4 am, as that would be a violation (assuming they are lifting at 4 am or 5 am or even 5:59 am). But you knew that already, huh? No? Of course you didn't, just like you have no idea what you are talking about at any point in this thread.

It is a fact. Chase didn't have a good understanding of their six and seven man protection last year. He claims to now have it down this year. Again, that isn't an opinion. It is a fact that isn't contested by Chase or the offensive staff.

It wasn't throwing him under the bus. It was showing that the criticism of the O-line wasn't always fair, as many times they were not the ones at fault even though an untrained eye may be led to believe otherwise.

Well, I don't claim to be an expert, but I do have numerous FBS head coaches and coordinators contacting me asking how I teach certain things (including protection) to young QBs.

Maybe if you get the newest edition of Madden Football for your video game system, you'll be a little better educated on this subject . . . "Mike or sub."  ;D
    You don't want to go down the resume trail with me, you might lose.
    You spout all this stuff yet don't know what a 1 or 5 is ? Really I add technique next time, but I doubt that would help
    You don't know the difference between getting up, reporting to practice and a little hyperbole
    For somebody that has a full time job coaching you seem to spend a lot of time away from your own
    Program. At this time of year you should either be in camp or in meeting all day getting ready for camp
    The short version of my protection is simple, if they have 6 (DL/lb) in the game I want them to be blocked by my OL/rb. If they have 7, then I have to figure a way to block 7 most likely w
    TE. The Db's blitzing? The QB and the wr have to control them
    But hey whatever. You have the chalk so I guess you win. But when you start off a sentence with the OL was terrible, it doesn't matter how u qualify it, you threw them under the bus
    You'd be better served worry about your own problems than MU's.

Offline IM4DHERD

« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2017, 10:03:48 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Thats cool as hell man. Congrats. Which school you at? I'll have to root for two teams this fall.

Looks to be Ohio State or Texas State (EDIT), unless am missing something. 

2017 #1 recruiting in conference:

Alabama SEC
    Ohio State B10
    USC PAC
    Florida State ACC
    Oklahoma B12
    UCF AAC
    Boise MWC
    FAU CUSA
    Toledo MAC
    Tx State Sunbelt

2018 to date:

Tennessee SEC
    Ohio State B10
    Oregon PAC
    Miami ACC
    Texas B12
    Cincy AAC
    SD State MWC
    La Tech CUSA
    WMU MAC
    Tx State Sunbelt  EDIT: App State Sunbelt

http://247sports.com/Season/2017-Football/CompositeTeamRankings

http://247sports.com/Season/2018-Football/CompositeTeamRankings

« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 10:26:51 AM by IM4DHERD »
    Make a difference...Join the Big Green

Offline HerdBlizz

« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2017, 01:03:35 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Damn Riflearm3.  Your a real life Modern day Al Bundy in your own head.   

The following users thanked this post: 2xBison, The E-Man

Offline QuickStrike

« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2017, 01:06:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • How about that Chase Litton bulking up to 230 in the off-season?  Anyone think it will improve his play & durability?  I'm wondering if it will effect his mobility, because he wasn't that mobile at a lighter weight.

Online MicDrass1

« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2017, 01:59:25 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • How about that Chase Litton bulking up to 230 in the off-season?  Anyone think it will improve his play & durability?  I'm wondering if it will effect his mobility, because he wasn't that mobile at a lighter weight.

Adding weight doesn't help a person scared or hesitant to run.  He's not a duel threat qb and that kind of offense is not fit for him.  I do think he throws for 30+ Td's this season if healthy.   
    « Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 02:01:01 PM by MicDrass1 »

Online MicDrass1

« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2017, 02:02:07 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Adding weight doesn't help a person scared or hesitant to run.  He's not a duel threat qb and that kind of offense is not fit for him.  I do think he throws for 30+ Td's this season if healthy. The offense we have I believe was put in when we had Graham and Cato the same year.  Litton's not like those boys.

Online s1uggo

« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2017, 03:17:01 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Adding weight doesn't help a person scared or hesitant to run.  He's not a duel threat qb and that kind of offense is not fit for him.  I do think he throws for 30+ Td's this season if healthy.
    Isn't that what Cato did for his first 3 yrs?

Online MicDrass1

« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2017, 04:20:11 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Cato was always a scrambler and could throw on the run well.  Litton hasnt at 205 and won't at 230.  He's a pocket passer.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #36 on: July 29, 2017, 04:20:11 PM »

riflearm3

« Reply #37 on: July 29, 2017, 06:12:32 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
  • You don't want to go down the resume trail with me, you might lose.

I wouldn't lose a "resume battle" with you when it comes to football, private sector, income, or just about any other comparison deemed worthy.

You spout all this stuff yet don't know what a 1 or 5 is ? Really I add technique next time, but I doubt that would help

So you were talking about a 1 technique and a 5 technique? Christ, your inability to understand football is only rivaled by your inability to write at a fifth grade level. When you say things like "teams usually trigger the protection to the 1 5 side" and "and they fan the 3 7 side" nobody has any idea what you're talking about, because you write like a child.

It isn't an issue of not knowing what a 3 tech or a 5 tech are. Nobody would refer to it as the "1 5 side" or the "3 7 side." And that doesn't even begin to discuss that your attempt at football logic with that statement (now that we were able to decipher what the hell you were trying to say) is bogus.

For somebody that has a full time job coaching you seem to spend a lot of time away from your own
    Program. At this time of year you should either be in camp or in meeting all day getting ready for camp

Yes, because if you aren't spending 24 hours a day dealing with football for the next 140+ days, clearly you can't be a good coach. I mean, surgeons, politicians, judges, and the many other more important occupations than coaching spend 25 hours of their days focused on their job, right?

We had a coaches retreat for a few days. Don't worry- even in the middle of the season, I will still be able to read and respond to message boards while I am working out each day (gasp! Coaches take time to work out instead of watch more film), while I am eating (we are allowed to take time to eat during the season, right?), while at home in bed (I said "in bed," I wouldn't dare sleep during the season), or while I take a fifteen minute break in the middle of the day to clear my head and get out of football mode for a bit so I can relax and then hit it heavy when I am ready.

But when you start off a sentence with the OL was terrible, it doesn't matter how u qualify it, you threw them under the bus

You conveniently left off the second part of my sentence which started with "due to Chase . . . "

In other words, Chase was responsible for a significant part of the OL's underachievement last year. It would be like me saying "s1uggo is a Maroon due to his mother smoking crack while he was in her womb." I wouldn't be blaming you for being a Maroon, as it is your mother's fault you are like that since she smoked the crack. Likewise, it wasn't the OL's fault (entirely) they underachieved last year, because Chase put them in very tough situations by not understanding 6 and 7 man protection.

riflearm3

« Reply #38 on: July 29, 2017, 06:16:23 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Thats cool as hell man. Congrats.

Thanks.

Looks to be Ohio State or Texas State (EDIT), unless am missing something. 

We had received two verbals yesterday, so it pushed us back into #1 (after the last 247 update). So, we jumped ahead. But the other school just received three verbals last night/today, so that will push them back ahead. But one of those three I will be able to flip to us as long as the position coach likes him enough to offer.

Online s1uggo

« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2017, 07:29:06 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I wouldn't lose a "resume battle" with you when it comes to football, private sector, income, or just about any other comparison deemed worthy.

So you were talking about a 1 technique and a 5 technique? Christ, your inability to understand football is only rivaled by your inability to write at a fifth grade level. When you say things like "teams usually trigger the protection to the 1 5 side" and "and they fan the 3 7 side" nobody has any idea what you're talking about, because you write like a child.

It isn't an issue of not knowing what a 3 tech or a 5 tech are. Nobody would refer to it as the "1 5 side" or the "3 7 side." And that doesn't even begin to discuss that your attempt at football logic with that statement (now that we were able to decipher what the hell you were trying to say) is bogus.

Yes, because if you aren't spending 24 hours a day dealing with football for the next 140+ days, clearly you can't be a good coach. I mean, surgeons, politicians, judges, and the many other more important occupations than coaching spend 25 hours of their days focused on their job, right?

We had a coaches retreat for a few days. Don't worry- even in the middle of the season, I will still be able to read and respond to message boards while I am working out each day (gasp! Coaches take time to work out instead of watch more film), while I am eating (we are allowed to take time to eat during the season, right?), while at home in bed (I said "in bed," I wouldn't dare sleep during the season), or while I take a fifteen minute break in the middle of the day to clear my head and get out of football mode for a bit so I can relax and then hit it heavy when I am ready.

You conveniently left off the second part of my sentence which started with "due to Chase . . . "

In other words, Chase was responsible for a significant part of the OL's underachievement last year. It would be like me saying "s1uggo is a Maroon due to his mother smoking crack while he was in her womb." I wouldn't be blaming you for being a Maroon, as it is your mother's fault you are like that since she smoked the crack. Likewise, it wasn't the OL's fault (entirely) they underachieved last year, because Chase put them in very tough situations by not understanding 6 and 7 man protection.

Now that u brought my mother into it , when you coach on the field (because clearly you are not an on the field coach) for a guy who won a D1 National championship and who also was HC of a NFL team only super bowl let me know

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2017, 07:41:55 PM »
  • [Like]1
  • [Dislike]0
  • It would be like me saying "s1uggo is a Maroon due to his mother smoking crack while he was in her womb." I wouldn't be blaming you for being a Maroon, as it is your mother's fault you are like that since she smoked the crack.

WTF! Look man, you can take those insults back over to Herd Nation! You haven't been on this board long. Enough of the "insults" calling Herd Fans ignorant, uneducated, etc.. Talking about a man's mother is a supreme insult and a new low on this board! Take that sh*t some where else.

The following users thanked this post: lovetheherd2, parshall2marshall

Offline QuickStrike

« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2017, 08:00:48 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I wouldn't lose a "resume battle" with you when it comes to football, private sector, income, or just about any other comparison deemed worthy.

You forgot to tell Sluggo you can suck your own weenie. LOL
    « Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 08:04:24 PM by QuickStrike »

riflearm3

« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2017, 08:34:13 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
  • Now that u brought my mother into it

It was a jab at you, not your mother, unless of course she did smoke crack when you were in her womb. It was a jab at your intelligence (or lack thereof). How you or the other guy could take that as a jab at your mother proves my exact point about your intelligence. If I had said "the doctor must have dropped you on your head when you were born," would you take that as an insult toward the doctor? Of course not. It's a jab at your intelligence. Likewise, when somebody says "your mom must have smoked crack when she was pregnant with you" it isn't an insult to her, but rather, to you. Man, sixth grade insults must have really messed you up as a kid.

Your resume is superior because you coached (supposedly) under a guy who won a national championship? Is this a joke? You're boasting about what your boss did as your accomplishment? I coached alongside two coaches who won national championships as full-time coaches at LSU. Does that somehow boost my resume? Maybe it wasn't your mom who smoked crack; maybe it's just been you.

WTF! Look man, you can take those insults back over to Herd Nation! You haven't been on this board long. Enough of the insults calling Herd fans ignorant, uneducated, etc.

What insults? He said I was full of B.S. I responded by taking a jab at his intelligence by saying his mother must have smoked crack. I didn't call him "ignorant," "uneducated," etc.

But let me get this straight: you have no problem with saying somebody is full of B.S., but you would have an issue if you say somebody is ignorant? Did your mom also smoke crack?

Oh, and I have posted on this board for over a decade. I'd think that is longer than most on this board.

Offline Bob25526

« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2017, 08:45:01 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Was watching Gaines tonight. Really wish he had a true shot at QB.

The following users thanked this post: The E-Man

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2017, 08:47:47 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • What insults? He said I was full of B.S. I responded by taking a jab at his intelligence by saying his mother must have smoked crack. I didn't call him "ignorant," "uneducated," etc.

But let me get this straight: you have no problem with saying somebody is full of B.S., but you would have an issue if you say somebody is ignorant? Did your mom also smoke crack?

Oh, and I have posted on this board for over a decade. I'd think that is longer than most on this board.

You have 78 post, and 3/4 have been about putting others down and how great of a gift you are to the college football world. You have been "the police grammar" since you have been back. Anyone that makes any " grammatical errors" you immediately label them as being "stupid and uneducated" Why bring s1uggo  mother in this, because he said, you're for of b-s! And, no my mother didn't smoke crack assh*le! unlike your mother that's selling her vagina! Now you want to play the dozen games, go for it!

Offline lovetheherd2

« Reply #45 on: July 29, 2017, 08:48:21 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It was a jab at you, not your mother, unless of course she did smoke crack when you were in her womb. It was a jab at your intelligence (or lack thereof). How you or the other guy could take that as a jab at your mother proves my exact point about your intelligence. If I had said "the doctor must have dropped you on your head when you were born," would you take that as an insult toward the doctor? Of course not. It's a jab at your intelligence. Likewise, when somebody says "your mom must have smoked crack when she was pregnant with you" it isn't an insult to her, but rather, to you. Man, sixth grade insults must have really messed you up as a kid.

Your resume is superior because you coached (supposedly) under a guy who won a national championship? Is this a joke? You're boasting about what your boss did as your accomplishment? I coached alongside two coaches who won national championships as full-time coaches at LSU. Does that somehow boost my resume? Maybe it wasn't your mom who smoked crack; maybe it's just been you.

What insults? He said I was full of B.S. I responded by taking a jab at his intelligence by saying his mother must have smoked crack. I didn't call him "ignorant," "uneducated," etc.

Perhaps the "use by" or "expiration date" has arrived???

This is a HERD FANS site. Yes, also an internet website with all that means to whomever gets on it.

Your anger, hostility and downright nasty comments are not as welcome as you might think.

How about you just send PMs to whomever you want to insult or defame. Then if the escalation gets to where you want it, just take care of business.

The following users thanked this post: The E-Man

Offline QuickStrike

« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2017, 08:48:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Was watching Gaines tonight. Really wish he had a true shot at QB.

Care to report of how Gaines looked?

HerdFans.com

« Reply #46 on: July 29, 2017, 08:48:52 PM »

Offline The E-Man

« Reply #47 on: July 29, 2017, 08:53:23 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Perhaps the "use by" or "expiration date" has arrived???

This is a HERD FANS site. Yes, also an internet website with all that means to whomever gets on it.

Your anger, hostility and downright nasty comments are not as welcome as you might think.

How about you just send PMs to whomever you want to insult or defame. Then if the escalation gets to where you want it, just take care of business.

The dude has serious mental issues! I might not agree with you and s1uggo, but I always show "respect"! s1uggo has son's and grand kids, I'm sure if they read these insults they wouldn't take it lightly. It's always someone coming to this board spewing their venom.

Offline wasbarryb

« Reply #48 on: July 29, 2017, 09:09:15 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
  •   nobody has any idea what you're talking about, because you write like a child.

Ding Ding Ding We have a winner.

I've noticed that many times when trying to decipher his scribbling.

riflearm3

« Reply #49 on: July 29, 2017, 10:17:02 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You have 78 post, and 3/4 have been about putting others down and how great of a gift you are to the college football world. You have been "the police grammar" since you have been back. Anyone that makes any " grammatical errors" you immediately label them as being "stupid and uneducated" Why bring s1uggo  mother in this, because he said, you're for of b-s! And, no my mother didn't smoke crack assh*le! unlike your mother that's selling her vagina! Now you want to play the dozen games, go for it!

Instead of babbling nonsense, why don't you try backing up what your mouth posts? I have 78 posts in the last seven months on here. I just went through them all. In one, I called somebody a "Maroon" after he called me a "dork." In another, I stated that the point went over his head. In another, I referred to somebody as "princess." The only other posts that could even remotely be taken as an insult were in a thread on the off-topic board.

So, 3/4 of my 78 posts put others down? I think you meant to say "3 to 4 of your 78 posts," because that is far more accurate. Further, in the 78 posts, I have never once labeled anyone "stupid," "uneducated," or "ignorant" which you have now claimed in two posts that I have done. Do you always fabricate things? I also haven't been the grammar police. But when somebody is claiming you are "full of B.S." because you can't decipher what they are saying due to them having the writing/grammar ability of a fifth grader, it is fair to explain why they aren't getting the response they are wanting. Hell, have you even read what you just posted?

What anger and "downright nasty comments" are you referring to? Again, I have 78 posts over the last seven months on here. It doesn't take long to go through them. The worst comment I made was calling somebody a "Maroon" after he called me a "dork." You consider that "downright nasty"? I asked if a guy's mother smoked crack when she was pregnant with him. Critical thinking should help you understand that isn't a jab at his mother, but rather, a jab at his intelligence. Strangely, you guys didn't answer the question about the doctor; had I asked if the doctor dropped him on his head when he was born, would that have been a downright nasty comment about the doctor or a jab at the poster's intelligence? I think we both can agree it would be the latter, just like the smoking crack comment.

It's amazing. You all flip out over a very passive jab (did your mom smoke crack when she was pregnant with you) yet have no problem with a guy saying somebody is full of B.S.

Again, 78 posts. Go find all of these "downright nasty" comments.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #49 on: July 29, 2017, 10:17:02 PM »