Author Topic: Football  (Read 956 times)

Online overherd1

Football
« on: April 07, 2024, 05:49:34 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • There has been a lot going on within our athletics department the last few days.  Was the football practice open to the public this past weekend?  Any reports?

HerdFans.com

Football
    « on: April 07, 2024, 05:49:34 PM »

Online s1uggo

Re: Football
    « Reply #1 on: April 09, 2024, 04:00:56 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • There has been a lot going on within our athletics department the last few days.  Was the football practice open to the public this past weekend?  Any reports?
    it was open to season ticket holders and Big Green Members at the scholarship level.  Why?  I have no idea, just another reason to keep people away from the program

The following users thanked this post: BigJimslade

Offline MUther

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2024, 05:21:54 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • it was open to season ticket holders and Big Green Members at the scholarship level.  Why?  I have no idea, just another reason to keep people away from the program

Have no problem with them rewarding people that support the program.  Might even entice someone to do the same if they want to be included.  But I did like the Pruett years for the buzz it created and the access to everyone.  if we get to that point of winning ever again, I'm sure the demand to be at practices will change policy.  Right now many don't care and most didn't even know they were doing it.

If Marshall was smart, and we know they aren't when it comes to marketing, they would have someone post events like this on the two main Herd boards and stick around to answer questions.  Reaching 1000s of Herd fans instantly that care enough to read these boards every day is as easy a marketing plan as it gets.  Who cares if people trash the events online or ask stupid questions.  It's free advertising to the exact target demographic and includes locals as well as out-of-towners.  A post 2 weeks ago explaining what they were doing and how to be involved would likely have gotten some traction.  Hearing what happened a few days later does nothing.

The following users thanked this post: s1uggo

Offline BigJimslade

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2024, 06:29:53 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Have no problem with them rewarding people that support the program.  Might even entice someone to do the same if they want to be included.  But I did like the Pruett years for the buzz it created and the access to everyone.  if we get to that point of winning ever again, I'm sure the demand to be at practices will change policy.  Right now many don't care and most didn't even know they were doing it.

If Marshall was smart, and we know they aren't when it comes to marketing, they would have someone post events like this on the two main Herd boards and stick around to answer questions.  Reaching 1000s of Herd fans instantly that care enough to read these boards every day is as easy a marketing plan as it gets.  Who cares if people trash the events online or ask stupid questions.  It's free advertising to the exact target demographic and includes locals as well as out-of-towners.  A post 2 weeks ago explaining what they were doing and how to be involved would likely have gotten some traction.  Hearing what happened a few days later does nothing.

Good ideas , but I am afraid the Athletic Department feels such things are essentially none of our business.

The following users thanked this post: Lord Haw-Haw

Offline MarshallSteve

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2024, 06:48:44 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • it was open to season ticket holders and Big Green Members at the scholarship level.  Why?  I have no idea, just another reason to keep people away from the program
    It's not a reason to keep people away. It's to provide an incentive and reward for those that are season ticket holders and Big Green members.  I'm 100% on board with this. It's handled this way at all the big schools.

Sent from my SM-A546U using Tapatalk

The following users thanked this post: muherd34

Online s1uggo

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2024, 07:03:45 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It's not a reason to keep people away. It's to provide an incentive and reward for those that are season ticket holders and Big Green members.  I'm 100% on board with this. It's handled this way at all the big schools.

totally disagree we are not a big program turning people away, we are a small at best 500 program trying to fill seats.  Generating a little fan support in the spring might help.  Its not like other teams will come and scout us.  I mean why bother?
    Huff wants to keep prying eyes away from Cole, who currently is as good as anybody we currently have.  Just can't stand to be wrong.

The following users thanked this post: svherd, BigJimslade

Offline svherd

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2024, 07:21:08 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It's not a reason to keep people away. It's to provide an incentive and reward for those that are season ticket holders and Big Green members.  I'm 100% on board with this. It's handled this way at all the big schools.

Funny, the UT spring game is free to all fans with a free concert after. Big deal in Knoxville

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: BigJimslade

Offline MarshallSteve

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2024, 07:23:38 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • totally disagree we are not a big program turning people away, we are a small at best 500 program trying to fill seats.  Generating a little fan support in the spring might help.  Its not like other teams will come and scout us.  I mean why bother?
    Huff wants to keep prying eyes away from Cole, who currently is as good as anybody we currently have.  Just can't stand to be wrong.
    I just don't understand why some people make this out to be a big deal. It's just one of many perk rewards for being a season ticket holder or Big Green member. I have absolutely no problem with that and support it 100%.

The following users thanked this post: horsrman

Offline MarshallSteve

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2024, 07:26:19 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Funny, the UT spring game is free to all fans with a free concert after. Big deal in Knoxville
    Yeah, but this isn't the "Spring Game' we are talking about. I guarantee you can't just walk into Neyland stadium to watch practice without some type of credential.

Offline svherd

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2024, 07:28:19 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I just don't understand why some people make this out to be a big deal. It's just one of many perk rewards for being a season ticket holder or Big Green member. I have absolutely no problem with that and support it 100%.

I understand where you are coming from. Season tix holder and BG member as well. I just think the game should be free to all. Build the fan base, get young families and younger fans involved. Not like we sell out the place 95% of the time for games. We need all the fans we can get.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: elginherd, Lord Haw-Haw

Online s1uggo

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2024, 07:52:16 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I understand where you are coming from. Season tix holder and BG member as well. I just think the game should be free to all. Build the fan base, get young families and younger fans involved. Not like we sell out the place 95% of the time for games. We need all the fans we can get.

BG member at the scholarship level.  I dont know where that it is dollar wise.  Why not just open the gates?

Offline MarshallSteve

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2024, 08:31:03 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I understand where you are coming from. Season tix holder and BG member as well. I just think the game should be free to all. Build the fan base, get young families and younger fans involved. Not like we sell out the place 95% of the time for games. We need all the fans we can get.
    I 100% totally agree that the Spring Game should be free and open to everyone. I was just talking about the actual practices themselves leading up to the Spring Game.

If Marshall really wanted to do it right, the Spring Game would be free, and they would have people onsite ready to sell season tickets to anyone wanting to purchase them during the spring game.

The following users thanked this post: svherd

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2024, 08:31:03 PM »

Offline svherd

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2024, 08:49:02 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • BG member at the scholarship level.  I dont know where that it is dollar wise.  Why not just open the gates?

Agree. Thats what I was saying. Make it free to all.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline GreenBison

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2024, 07:57:01 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Agree. Thats what I was saying. Make it free to all.

Or.... and hear me out. We say it's sold out and then put all the tickets on Seat Geek at an inflated price????? Whadya think?
    The smell of arcrid smoke and horses breath - The Trooper - Steve Harris

The following users thanked this post: Lord Haw-Haw

Offline svherd

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2024, 08:01:05 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Or.... and hear me out. We say it's sold out and then put all the tickets on Seat Geek at an inflated price????? Whadya think?

I was only referring to the practices and spring game.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline ru4mu2

« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2024, 08:07:34 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • BG member at the scholarship level.  I dont know where that it is dollar wise.  Why not just open the gates?
    10K per year.  Open to all financial planners in Huntington ;-)  https://marshallbiggreen.org/herdperks/

Online s1uggo

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2024, 08:42:42 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • 10K per year.  Open to all financial planners in Huntington ;-)  https://marshallbiggreen.org/herdperks/
    To think giving $10k a yr for the privilege of watching spring practice on a Saturday?? I?ll mull that over

The following users thanked this post: ru4mu2, Lord Haw-Haw

Offline GreenBison

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2024, 08:59:24 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I was only referring to the practices and spring game.

I know, it was a joke.
    The smell of arcrid smoke and horses breath - The Trooper - Steve Harris

Offline svherd

« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2024, 10:59:16 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I know, it was a joke.

lol! Flew right over me. Getting slow in my old age.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: GreenBison

Offline marshallmark

« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2024, 11:08:22 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I like what WVU does - all proceeds of its spring game go to WVU Children's Hospital.  Not sure we can afford that, but it would be nice to support Hoops with thousands of $
    "Tell your friends, I can confirm you held your own against the brothers. :)"

- E-Man

HerdFans.com

« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2024, 11:08:22 AM »