Author Topic: Jenna Burdette  (Read 3269 times)

Offline Flat Tire 2

Re: Jenna Burdette
« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2024, 12:10:29 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Tim is still upset about Danny being shown the door.

TRS
    Mu 71

I think you are correct.

Do you think it could also be possible that it might be a reflection of Dan's jealously of Kim's success and the attention she was receiving?
    « Last Edit: April 08, 2024, 12:12:05 PM by Flat Tire 2 »

HerdFans.com

« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2024, 12:10:29 PM »

Online MUfan08

« Reply #51 on: April 08, 2024, 12:18:40 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Tim is still upset about Danny being shown the door.

TRS
    Mu 71

Tim is similar to Dan, jealous of Kim.

Go back to gloating of Dan coming back and take it to the bank! lol

The following users thanked this post: wesnky, ru4mu2

Offline jdonaccbus

« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2024, 12:18:48 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Kim, as a young female coach, handled herself in press conferences and handled adversity much better this past season than the two male coaches that ran the men's basketball and football programs. She didn't:

* act like a jerk when a semi-tough question was asked in a press conference.
    * she didn't throw her players under the bus at press conferences; in fact, she handled some tough situations early on quite well.
    * she didn't blame Huntington or blame the fans or lecture every one on how to be a good fan during the midst of a 7-game losing streak.
    * she handled a quality player leaving the program in a mature way and didn't constantly use it as an excuse all season long.
    * she made corrections to flaws with game plans, coaching techniques and other items by correcting it in practice. she even mentioned during one press conference that she, herself, had let some things slide and would never do that again. she knew how to point the finger on herself which one particular head coach never did.

The reason Kim left for a prestigious women's basketball program is because: (a) she won immediately here, (2) her demeanor is that of a winner that big-time athletic programs look at when hiring a coach and (3) she has a winning pedigree from the time she was a player to the time she was named a first-year head coach. It is obvious by reading the posts of the loyal followers of one of our former head coaches that a certain individual within the athletic department was jealous of the success of a new, fresh face that came in year one and showed Marshall fans that you don't have to buy that crappy sandwich which tastes like "it is fine to settle for mediocrity". I have said it before and I will say it again: that head coach was given just as much from Marshall than he gave to Marshall. He got the opportunity of a lifetime that no one else was going to give him.

I don't care Tim Hensley whether I have hurt Dan's feelings. This is a business. And Dan was compensated quite well in this business, despite a 53% winning percentage against D1 opponents.. He is able to retire to a comfortable lifestyle........more comfortable than 99% of Marshall alumni.
    « Last Edit: April 08, 2024, 12:20:19 PM by jdonaccbus »

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, svherd, herd33, MUinDE, ru4mu2, mu79grad, Collis P, gochneaur645, elginherd, Herdalum94

Offline Tim Hensley

« Reply #53 on: April 08, 2024, 01:00:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You're a bigger cry tit than I am.  Better get on board Corny's bus!

Offline wasbarryb

« Reply #54 on: April 08, 2024, 01:05:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Does every frickin thread have to become a pro/con Dan thread?  He's gone it's done it's over. There's more to Herd sports than that one subject.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, svherd, ru4mu2, horsrman, WindMillersDad, luckytoes99, elginherd, overherd1

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #55 on: April 08, 2024, 01:12:47 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

I sure hope and pray he is better than your guy Dan!!!

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo

Online MUfan08

« Reply #56 on: April 08, 2024, 01:14:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You're a bigger cry tit than I am. 

Love that you even admit you are a cry baby....just not bigger than so and so

Haha

« Last Edit: April 08, 2024, 01:57:12 PM by MUfan08 »

Offline 2xBison

« Reply #57 on: April 08, 2024, 01:19:22 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

hey there Mr I told you so.  Hope you are doing well.
    QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

The following users thanked this post: MUfan08, svherd, herdorbust2

Offline Tim Hensley

« Reply #58 on: April 08, 2024, 02:51:53 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Yes, I'm still able to sit up and take nourishment.  All those barbs thrown my way have just bounced off this tough ole hide.  I went in to see Danny the morning before they left for Pensacola and he DID tell me he was coming back.  Strange turn of events, that we'll probably never know the exact truth.  Main thing now is to get behind Corny and the kids.

Offline jdonaccbus

« Reply #59 on: April 08, 2024, 03:42:54 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It appears Jenna was not a part of the head coaching conversation. I hear she has decided to join Caldwell in Knoxville.

Offline GreenWhite

« Reply #60 on: April 08, 2024, 04:03:55 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It appears Jenna was not a part of the head coaching conversation. I hear she has decided to join Caldwell in Knoxville.
    If so, we just have to find a coach that can keep the momentum going.

Offline wesnky

« Reply #61 on: April 08, 2024, 04:06:09 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

« Last Edit: April 08, 2024, 08:04:09 PM by wesnky »

HerdFans.com

« Reply #61 on: April 08, 2024, 04:06:09 PM »

Online herd2win

« Reply #62 on: April 08, 2024, 04:07:40 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Kim was special.  Unique style of play, accountable and always praised her players.  We will have a total reset as players are hitting the portal and we will not see the style of play we witnessed.

The team grabbed our interest also based on how poor the mens team was this season.  If Mens bounces back next year it will be interesting if interest continues in our women's team.

The following users thanked this post: MUfan08, wlf, luckytoes99, herdorbust2

Offline GreenWhite

« Reply #63 on: April 08, 2024, 04:09:37 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Kim was special.  Unique style of play, accountable and always praised her players.  We will have a total reset as players are hitting the portal and we will not see the style of play we witnessed.

The team grabbed our interest also based on how poor the mens team was this season.  If Mens bounces back next year it will be interesting if interest continues in our women's team.
    That is something to think about. But, if we get a coach that can continue what Kim started, then I don't see a huge drop in attendance, if any at all. A winner will get the support from the fans.

The following users thanked this post: MUfan08, chris88, luckytoes99

Online parshall2marshall

« Reply #64 on: April 08, 2024, 05:49:14 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • My post here a little over the top maybe lol
    « Last Edit: April 08, 2024, 07:44:57 PM by parshall2marshall »
    The forever FREE way to Build Sales Funnels and sell Digital Products online. Build free web sites of all kinds without programming. No credit card needed. Limited time.

https://groovepages.groovesell.com/a/gD4OhvmchDoe

Offline elginherd

« Reply #65 on: April 08, 2024, 09:02:16 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • That is something to think about. But, if we get a coach that can continue what Kim started, then I don't see a huge drop in attendance, if any at all. A winner will get the support from the fans.
    Unless the team is as fun to watch as this past season AND winning, the attendance will suffer.
    In memory of Dr Daniel P Babb who taught so much to so many.

Online hookem herd

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • All American
    • Member Since 01/2010
    « Reply #66 on: April 08, 2024, 10:47:26 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I didn?t want coach Kim to leave but this is a really great opportunity for Marshall. I think the job will be very attractive for up and coming coaches. We need to take advantage of this.

Greg Adkins

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #67 on: April 08, 2024, 10:55:00 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It wasn't just the winning but the style of play that brought attendance up. I would say the style of play was more of a factor than the wins. And not only have we lost the coach but the team is basically gutted now from the kids going into the portal. The next coach has a heck of a rebuild on their hands.

The following users thanked this post: Collis P

Online hookem herd

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • All American
    • Member Since 01/2010
    « Reply #68 on: April 08, 2024, 11:03:29 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • That?s my point, we have a chance to go out and get another young, energetic coach. We went to all the games last and will do same this year if we hire the right coach. I feel we have a great opportunity to hire a really good coach to continue the momentum. I think a lot of coaches look at the Marshall job a lot different than this time last year. JMO.

Greg Adkins

Offline herdfan129

« Reply #69 on: April 09, 2024, 01:27:28 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Go back to a proven D2 Head Coach. Having available scholarships is actually a good thing if we hire the correct coach who can utilize the portal
    The right way is always the right way- Coach Huff

2020 National Soccer Champs!

The following users thanked this post: miltonherdfan

Offline jdonaccbus

« Reply #70 on: April 09, 2024, 10:57:12 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

For the record, I am and have always been on the "Marshall bus". That is how I roll. Coach Jackson has my support as head coach of the men's basketball program. I welcome the change and wish him nothing but success.

My heart goes with the program.....which to me is always bigger than any individual. I supported the men's program during Freeman & Jirsa years.....that is called unyielding support for the "men's program"....not any one individual.

The following users thanked this post: svherd, bighat, wlf, overherd1

Offline FilmJunky

« Reply #71 on: April 09, 2024, 02:22:40 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Burdette is going to Tennessee with KC

HerdFans.com

« Reply #71 on: April 09, 2024, 02:22:40 PM »