Author Topic: Caldwell to Tennessee  (Read 7615 times)

Offline chris88

Re: Caldwell to Tennessee
« Reply #50 on: April 05, 2024, 09:59:16 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Ya see the smiley face?  Skin is fine.  I was jesting and that was the indication.  Sounds like you're the one with your panties in a wad in both those posts.

It was late, for me anyway, and didn't see it until after. Nothing but love for you brother
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo

HerdFans.com

« Reply #50 on: April 05, 2024, 09:59:16 AM »

Offline FilmJunky

« Reply #51 on: April 05, 2024, 10:20:15 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• Y'all follow the FilmJunky. College Hoops Premier insider in 2024

« Last Edit: April 07, 2024, 01:28:18 PM by FilmJunky »

Offline herdman22

« Reply #52 on: April 05, 2024, 01:07:29 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I am thrilled we have her here and hope she stays a long time, but I know one day she will probably move up which would be great and well deserved for her and would hopefully have us in a position that coaches want to come here and continue what she started.

But, looking at the list that news article has for possibilities at UT, currently she would be at the bottom. I'm not sure all those coaches would be interested but many would be. I don't care what was said about UT in another post, they are still considered an elite program in women's college basketball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The following users thanked this post: miltonherdfan

Offline Scottyo614

« Reply #53 on: April 05, 2024, 01:22:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • People here know my liking of Tennessee as well as Marshall. Best guess is she is the fall back candidate if they can't get Kara Lawson or Frease. Most people down here, still have high expectations of the women's program. They need a name for the hype.

I think this is a kick the tires move and build a connection interview for down the road. If something were to break and Caldwell gets it, I hope we promote within and both to succeed.

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #54 on: April 05, 2024, 01:34:30 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Regardless of what happens, KC has certainly made a name for herself after one season.

The following users thanked this post: MUfan08, parshall2marshall, chris88, luckytoes99

Offline saherdfan

« Reply #55 on: April 05, 2024, 01:37:26 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • So much for Marshall being Kim's "Dream Job"!

The following users thanked this post: Lord Haw-Haw

Offline FilmJunky

« Reply #56 on: April 05, 2024, 08:39:30 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • SKIM MILKEY?
    « Last Edit: April 07, 2024, 01:27:48 PM by FilmJunky »

Offline MUfan08

« Reply #57 on: April 05, 2024, 09:06:21 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  

Offline MicDrass1

« Reply #58 on: April 05, 2024, 09:19:54 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  

Offline svherd

« Reply #59 on: April 05, 2024, 09:21:41 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Talk about a huge momentum killer for women's basketball. Makes me appreciate Grassie even more. Yeah, he is paid well but it's not all about money.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995, chris88

Offline CoachMaclid

« Reply #60 on: April 05, 2024, 09:37:32 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You may want to take a look at the profile of that Richard G. West being referenced - it's clearly a satirical account.

The following users thanked this post: FilmJunky

Offline pricherd

« Reply #61 on: April 05, 2024, 09:38:50 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Richard G. West is well-known on the Vols message boards as an out-and-out fake with his posts.

There may be something happening, but don't take his word for it.

The following users thanked this post: horsrman, FilmJunky

HerdFans.com

« Reply #61 on: April 05, 2024, 09:38:50 PM »

Offline MicDrass1

« Reply #62 on: April 05, 2024, 10:32:15 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This isn?t helping recruiting

The following users thanked this post: horsrman, chris88

Offline Ovaltine Jenkins

« Reply #63 on: April 05, 2024, 10:45:48 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Show me a local source in Knoxville.

The following users thanked this post: svherd, miltonherdfan, panthersherd

Offline pricherd

« Reply #64 on: April 05, 2024, 10:48:30 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Lots of back and forth on the Tennessee message boards about Kim as a candidate for the UT coaching position.  A number of people are disrespectful of Marshall and the Sun Belt Conference, implying that a conference championship at this level means nothing.

Here's one of the more colorful posts:

Volstylexx said:

I will eat a cat turd out of my litter box live on facebook for you all to watch if TN hires Marshall's coach. Danny White does not fire a former Lady Vol who went to two sweet 16's to hire a coach who's been in D1 for one year. NOT. HAPPENING. It's counter intuitive to everything we know to be true in how he sees the program.

Offline gochneaur645

« Reply #65 on: April 06, 2024, 12:18:28 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I still hope I'm wrong, but it might be worth it if we get to see a guy eat cat poop.

The following users thanked this post: bbcard1

Offline herdman22

« Reply #66 on: April 06, 2024, 01:52:19 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You may want to take a look at the profile of that Richard G. West being referenced - it's clearly a satirical account.
    The simple fact he calls her Kim Stephens is a bit of a giveaway.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, horsrman, miltonherdfan

Offline yogiherd

« Reply #67 on: April 06, 2024, 01:56:19 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This is women's bball answer to Sid Finch?
    In God We Trust.
    United We Stand.
    God Bless America.
    go herd!!!

Offline chris88

« Reply #68 on: April 06, 2024, 07:55:10 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • IF she is actually interviewing at Tenn., it may mean she is gone either way as there are plenty of P5 openings. It's quite possible she is at Final Four in Cleveland as I believe all coaches get two tickets. Whatever happens I hope it's soon as we have no November signees and the spring signing period starts in less than two weeks.

Great game last night between Iowa and Uconn. SCarolina probably too much for Iowa but anything can happen I guess. If you have ESPN+ you can watch all of the games of Final Four on there. Champ game tomorrow.
    "Too many people are thinking of security instead of opportunity; they seem more afraid of life than of death"  – James F. Byrnes

Government is the most dangerous institution known to man. Throughout history it has violated the rights of men more than any individual or group of individuals could do: it has killed people, enslaved them, sent them to forced labor and concentration camps, and regularly robbed and pillaged them of the fruits of their expended labor. ~ JOHN HOSPERS

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall

Offline Flat Tire 2

« Reply #69 on: April 06, 2024, 08:39:35 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Well, it appears to be a rumor at this point even with the below tweet. After SEC schools Florida hired Donovan and UGA hiring Donnan from Marshall, nothing would surprise me.

The longer this goes on, the more I am concerned about Kim taking the job. I am afraid that some of the leading candidates in the media are saying no to the UT offers and Kim may end up being their back up choice.

https://twitter.com/CassidyWoodTV/status/1776395433272615201
    « Last Edit: April 06, 2024, 11:25:49 AM by Flat Tire 2 »

Offline Johnnyherd

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Head Coach
    • Member Since 03/2011 Big Green Member 2011
    « Reply #70 on: April 06, 2024, 02:25:32 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Like I said Kim runs that intense press, similar to Huggins Press Virginia years.  Our league hadn?t faced that style and it didn?t know how to deal with it.  The more the league sees it, the better the teams will play against it.

Virginia Tech had almost 3 weeks to prepare for our press and experience against the press and I?m sure all the interested ADs saw what happened,  they beat us by nearly 50.

A press all the time system is sort of like the triple option in football.  It works and Navy and Georgia Tech have beat the who?s who of college football with it.  It?s a system that basically wins by out working , wearing the opponent down and having more heart than your opponent.  It makes up for a lack of size and it doesn?t take elite skill to make it work.  I think the more our league sees it the harder it will be to win, but each and every game is a fight so we always have a chance on any given night.

I don?t think the elite woman?s programs are necessary looking to run a press system, because when you play in a conference with elite guards they break the press down and find open players.  Also are elite skilled recruits excited to go play 6 mins and 43 seconds a game, are they willing to go from taking 20 shots a game to taking 4.  I think press all the time is regarded as a gimmicky system, that you run when you don?t have the athletes to play straight up, but I could be wrong.

If the system is so great hire a men?s coach that presses from tip to whistle.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2024, 02:43:41 PM by Johnnyherd »

The following users thanked this post: HerdEcon

Offline MicDrass1

« Reply #71 on: April 06, 2024, 02:54:41 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • To win .... bring in better athletes and players.  That?s what HC need to do. 

The following users thanked this post: HerdEcon, herdfan129

HerdFans.com

« Reply #71 on: April 06, 2024, 02:54:41 PM »

Offline herdfan429

« Reply #72 on: April 06, 2024, 03:45:11 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It's women's basketball, where you can't dunk even if you're 6'7. Woe is me that one of our coaches won't stay because an elite program comes calling. This type of attitude is how we end up with corny Jackson

Offline 2xBison

« Reply #73 on: April 06, 2024, 05:20:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • She may go.  Rather she stays but at end of day it's women's bball.  I'll continue to root against UT if she's there or not

QB Club
    Tipoff Club
    Corner Kick Club

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #74 on: April 06, 2024, 07:55:44 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Several posters have brought up Associate Head Coach Jenna Burdette's name as a possible replacement.

The following users thanked this post: herddds, diamante, luckytoes99, herdorbust2

HerdFans.com

« Reply #74 on: April 06, 2024, 07:55:44 PM »