Author Topic: Jacob Myer hits the portal  (Read 1553 times)

Offline wesnky

Jacob Myer hits the portal
« on: March 13, 2024, 11:48:50 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/college/othercolleges/2024/03/12/jacob-meyer-coastal-carolina-guard-from-holy-cross-to-enter-ncaa-transfer-portal/72940055007/

Jacob Meyer, a former Holy Cross High School and Ninth Region co-Player of the Year, plans to enter the transfer portal after one season at Coastal Carolina University, according to a report via Twitter/X from Joe Tipton.

Tipton cited Meyer's agent, Daniel Poneman. Meyer reposted the tweet.

Meyer averaged 15.7 points, 5.1 rebounds and 2.6 assists in 34 minutes per game over 31 games last season for Coastal Carolina. He shot 40.2 percent from 3-point range, and was the Chanticleers' leading scorer as a freshman.

On Monday, the Chanticleers announced that former Western Carolina coach Justin Gray would replace interim coach Benny Moss as the new head coach at Coastal Carolina. Cliff Ellis stepped down in Decemb

The following users thanked this post: Buffalo Bop

HerdFans.com

Jacob Myer hits the portal
    « on: March 13, 2024, 11:48:50 AM »

Offline Buffalo Bop

Re: Jacob Myer hits the portal
    « Reply #1 on: March 13, 2024, 11:55:47 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I was expecting this. Dan blew him off once. Will he take another look at him?

Online marshallmark

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2024, 12:02:46 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I was expecting this. Dan blew him off once. Will he take another look at him?

Why do you say this?  We had an offer out to him until he signed with Coastal. 
    "Tell your friends, I can confirm you held your own against the brothers. :)"

- E-Man

Offline Buffalo Bop

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2024, 12:16:15 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Why do you say this?  We had an offer out to him until he signed with Coastal.

Not what happened. Dan rescinded the offer from what I was told.

The following users thanked this post: 2xBison, herdorbust2

Offline MUonium

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2024, 12:37:28 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • to be blunt, why would any transfer or HS player worth a grain of salt want to come to a program that proved to be a failure with last year's recruiting?  why would they want to be part of a team with only a couple or very few players that can actually make a difference?

i'd be toatally surprised if it's not the same recruiting mentality and outcome of many prior years from DD.

The following users thanked this post: herd1990, forphase1, MUfan08, svherd, ru4mu2, Flat Tire 2, coalherd, ThunderCat98, scope58, herdorbust2

Offline wlf

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2024, 12:56:55 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • A lateral move at best.

The following users thanked this post: svherd

Offline Rockin Herd Fan

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2024, 01:11:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I can't see him coming here, after DD rescinded his scholarship offer.  Plus, I would guess another school or schools have already reached out to his agent for an NIL deal.   

The following users thanked this post: wlf

Online Luke80

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2024, 02:21:40 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The new reality is that Freshman who are successful at low and mid majors will look for higher profile opportunities and NIL money now.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, MUfan08, svherd, wlf

Offline BigJimslade

« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2024, 05:33:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Not what happened. Dan rescinded the offer from what I was told.

I was told differently to be honest

Offline MicDrass1

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2024, 05:50:56 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He torched us and beat us.  He?s not coming here.  I say W KY

Offline DC01HERD

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2024, 07:33:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • No way he ends up here if Dan is still the coach.

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2024, 07:37:31 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I was told differently to be honest

Then you were told wrong. I know exactly what happened.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2024, 07:37:31 PM »

Offline jdonaccbus

« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2024, 08:21:16 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I was told differently to be honest

You were told wrong.

Dan actually talked about this situation on his Monday call-in show in late February. He described on his show that Dan was the one that ended the recruiting. He didn't name Myer but there was no question who he was talking about because he went over the tweet verbatim.

I don't have time to look up which show it was, but one night when I wake up at 1:30 and can't get back to sleep I will find the show and the exact time and link it here.

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995, Flat Tire 2, herdorbust2

Online herdman22

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2024, 08:27:16 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The new reality is that Freshman who are successful at low and mid majors will look for higher profile opportunities and NIL money now.

What you meant to say was they will be recruited by higher profile schools with more money. You can't tell me these guys that enter the portal haven't already been contacted and already have a pretty good idea where they are going before they enter the portal. It's a disgrace what college athletics has become.

The following users thanked this post: horsrman, wlf

Offline GreenWhite

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2024, 08:40:31 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Why would anyone in the portal want to come to this dumpster fire of a program? We had our shot at Myer and, from what I've read, D'Antoni blew it.

The following users thanked this post: forphase1, miltonherdfan, herdorbust2

Online herdloyal

« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2024, 10:46:37 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The question in my mind is when you have the opportunity to go dancing for a possible shot at the National Championship why not do so it?s not like football at this moment. We need that mentality in our MBB program period!

The following users thanked this post: herdorbust2

Offline GreenWhite

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2024, 02:55:30 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I wish he would have stayed at Coastal so he could have burned us a few more times. Of course, nobody in the media would dare bring that up to D'Antoni. And you know D'Antoni would not recognize the mistake he made.

Online MUfan08

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2024, 07:26:37 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  •  

Offline wlf

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2024, 08:03:16 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This is why Marshall should recruit the portal instead of HS players, we're just a minor league affiliate for major sports.
      He'd be transferring from Marshall if we had given him a scholarship.

The following users thanked this post: Garbanjo, DC01HERD, horsrman, HoPPy785

Offline DC01HERD

« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2024, 08:53:38 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Will be interesting to see how he does in the Big East. DePaul has been terrible for a long time.

Online marshallmark

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2024, 09:45:18 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You were told wrong.

Dan actually talked about this situation on his Monday call-in show in late February. He described on his show that Dan was the one that ended the recruiting. He didn't name Myer but there was no question who he was talking about because he went over the tweet verbatim.

I don't have time to look up which show it was, but one night when I wake up at 1:30 and can't get back to sleep I will find the show and the exact time and link it here.

At some point, you have to trust the coaches to do what's best for the program.  Who knows with the Myer kid... he could have been asked for a multi-year commitment and replied with something like "we'll see".  He certainly didn't have any loyalty to Coastal.
    "Tell your friends, I can confirm you held your own against the brothers. :)"

- E-Man

The following users thanked this post: horsrman

Online herdorbust2

« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2024, 11:34:09 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Dan ended the recruitment of Meyer over one tweet. Just like when Beetle Bolden left WV and wanted to come here. Dan said he didn't want trouble on his team. Then the staff had to tell Dan he was on the Big 12 academic list. End the end Huggs stopped it from happening. But Dan has a one track mind and it's cost him a lot of nice players. And also brought a lot of real duds.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2024, 11:34:09 AM »