Author Topic: Herd MBB gets Jakob and Cade Gibbs from NAIA Grace College  (Read 2258 times)

Offline herdorbust2

Re: Herd MBB gets Jakob and Cade Gibbs from NAIA Grace College
« Reply #50 on: May 05, 2024, 05:52:27 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm saying year 2 because we'll have some NIL money to spend at that point.   This year, we don't have crap.  Bottom barrel in regards to that.   Corny didn't have a say on Braun and Pruett.   Take that up with your AD.    Both families have money and apparently some influence.

Then it sounds like we can forget about getting some decent guards this year. And even if we have some NIL next year it won't be a huge amount. I don't see us buying better than Obinna and Martin. Next year we have to buy a whole team. This year we just need guards. If he wants to win, this would be the year.

The following users thanked this post: wlf

HerdFans.com

« Reply #50 on: May 05, 2024, 05:52:27 AM »

Offline Flat Tire 2

« Reply #51 on: May 05, 2024, 08:14:17 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm saying year 2 because we'll have some NIL money to spend at that point.   This year, we don't have crap.  Bottom barrel in regards to that.   Corny didn't have a say on Braun and Pruett.   Take that up with your AD.    Both families have money and apparently some influence.

If what you say is true about Braun and Pruett families having money and influence, why don't their families pay for their tuition and board? There are 13 scholarships and most teams have an average size of 16. Those two could be on the team as walkons, and that would be a win win.

It is really sad that Marshall caves in for money when it comes to athletics. Mark Snyder; Dan and now basketball players can contribute money to get positions.
    « Last Edit: May 05, 2024, 08:18:39 AM by Flat Tire 2 »

The following users thanked this post: herd1990, herdorbust2

Offline Garbanjo

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #52 on: May 05, 2024, 09:52:31 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• not to mention the 1s he's gonna continue wasting with braun, nutter, & pruett

1 excuse we shouldn't be hearing next yr is we're just a player or 2 away -- he coulda had another 2-3 players in addition to what he'll be bringing in had he just let go of all the D-II talent

With those 3 guys I don't think it matters, as 11, 12 and 13 aren't gonna play.

Corny has to hit on PG and a SG who can play point at times for his final two recruits for his first year.

Go Herd!

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, herdorbust2

Online miltonherdfan

« Reply #53 on: May 05, 2024, 02:15:45 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If what you say is true about Braun and Pruett families having money and influence, why don't their families pay for their tuition and board? There are 13 scholarships and most teams have an average size of 16. Those two could be on the team as walkons, and that would be a win win.

It is really sad that Marshall caves in for money when it comes to athletics. Mark Snyder; Dan and now basketball players can contribute money to get positions.

that's a really good point!  if these folks have sooooo much $ to be able to throw their weight around to THAT degree, then i'm sure they've giving above & beyond the cost of tuition.  let 'em start with their "support" by paying their own's way thru & freeing up a scholarship!

Offline whf

« Reply #54 on: May 05, 2024, 02:55:56 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I have met Pruett's father, he's a really good guy who has his own ties to MU; other than just his Uncle.  IMHO, some of your comments about Braun and Pruett are way off, Braun hasn't developed, but he hasn't cost us anything either. Pruett has some good contributions last year and will only get better.  Will they be stars, probably not? Are they both D1 player, I think so; good practice players, great team members, and supportive of the college they chose.

The following users thanked this post: Always THE HERD

Offline mubowhunter

« Reply #55 on: May 05, 2024, 07:11:39 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I have met Pruett's father, he's a really good guy who has his own ties to MU; other than just his Uncle.  IMHO, some of your comments about Braun and Pruett are way off, Braun hasn't developed, but he hasn't cost us anything either. Pruett has some good contributions last year and will only get better.  Will they be stars, probably not? Are they both D1 player, I think so; good practice players, great team members, and supportive of the college they chose.

Please tell me how you feel about them being D1 players because I?m either too sober or need to run out before the store closes

Offline MUonium

« Reply #56 on: May 05, 2024, 08:03:23 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • i wouldn't lump Pruett and Braun together.  Braun is simply a veteran practice squad player like Theineman.
    Pruett's HS highlights showed a nice shooting stroke.  he and Nutter are 6'3-6'4.  the question is defense, handling the ball under pressure, rebounds, creating for teammates and of course, making shots/3s on a reasonably consistant basis when the lights come on.

Pruett and Nutter came in together and they need to show improvement in their 2nd active year regarding the weakest parts of their individual games.  Fricks needs to show some more maturity as well (in his 3rd active year).  what Nutter has going over any of the bench players is hardnosed scrappiness but he'll have to also start contributing more buckets and improve defense when he's in the game.

The following users thanked this post: whf, horsrman

Offline mubowhunter

« Reply #57 on: May 05, 2024, 09:49:23 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • i wouldn't lump Pruett and Braun together.  Braun is simply a veteran practice squad player like Theineman.
    Pruett's HS highlights showed a nice shooting stroke.  he and Nutter are 6'3-6'4.  the question is defense, handling the ball under pressure, rebounds, creating for teammates and of course, making shots/3s on a reasonably consistant basis when the lights come on.

Pruett and Nutter came in together and they need to show improvement in their 2nd active year regarding the weakest parts of their individual games.  Fricks needs to show some more maturity as well (in his 3rd active year).  what Nutter has going over any of the bench players is hardnosed scrappiness but he'll have to also start contributing more buckets and improve defense when he's in the game.

Both should?ve never been 400 miles from Huntington.  Of course I don?t lay cash on feelings either

The following users thanked this post: Flat Tire 2

HerdFans.com

« Reply #57 on: May 05, 2024, 09:49:23 PM »