Author Topic: Chase Litton to declare for NFL draft  (Read 6257 times)

Offline _sturt_

Re: Chase Litton to declare for NFL draft
« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2018, 03:48:45 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • He got a couple of late game series as a reward for being a good soldier. Not sure he threw a pass. He was not a Bernie Morris level talent.

And I still say even to that, "That's a whole lot more than I think any of us ever would have anticipated, no?"

HerdFans.com

« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2018, 03:48:45 PM »

Offline W0lfman

« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2018, 03:58:13 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

• Yeah, you're right. I'm too sensitive. Shouldn't take "YOU want to kiss his ass for those things? Pucker up, STURT." as-if there's any antagonism intended.

Hell, Wolf, how do you miss the obvious question... how did my casual observations get interpreted as-if "I want to kiss his ass"... ? ? ?

Stupid silliness.

If you'd like to pursue it further, I'm open to discussing this via PM per the so-called rules.
    yeah, i think you're too sensitive.  i dont think the man is offended I just think he was pointed in his reply/comment to you.  but like i said i dont speak for him, so maybe he was offended.  if he is then silly me.

The following users thanked this post: _sturt_

Offline ed swain

« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2018, 03:59:12 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We need to go the JC route next year.I see no way he is ready for the NFL. no OC ,now the news is looking worse.We need a miracle now that what looked to be a great season next year and this is going to hurt.Very depressing.

Offline bbcard1

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    « Reply #53 on: January 14, 2018, 04:02:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • And I still say even to that, "That's a whole lot more than I think any of us ever would have anticipated, no?"

The highest level he played other than preseason was two years with the Virginia Destroyers (UFL) for which he accumulated no stats...yeah, let's reserve his spot in Canton.

Offline overherd1

« Reply #54 on: January 14, 2018, 04:08:14 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I would say it's a surprise to all.  Thank him for all he's done and wish him the luck in the world as he moves on. 

Time for the next man to step....hope we have that man on campus.  Could still be a banner season next year if we can find a good qb.

Online herdfifteen

« Reply #55 on: January 14, 2018, 04:11:18 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We need to go the JC route next year.I see no way he is ready for the NFL. no OC ,now the news is looking worse.We need a miracle now that what looked to be a great season next year and this is going to hurt.Very depressing.
    I'm not sure Ed, Green was definitely our QB of the future, my primary concern is we are apparently down to two quarterbacks. But I agree there is concern we go to Oxford with new coordinators, secondary coach and now new QB.
    « Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 04:12:58 PM by herdfifteen »

Online HoPPy785

« Reply #56 on: January 14, 2018, 04:13:17 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

Starting QB will be Isaiah Green. Depending on the offensive plan it might have been even if Litton was here, so no worries there. Maybe bring a juco as the backup, but not starter.

Offline ThunderValley

« Reply #57 on: January 14, 2018, 04:14:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • With a new OC and a run spread qb, we may have some very exciting games next year.

Offline _sturt_

« Reply #58 on: January 14, 2018, 04:16:14 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • yeah, i think you're too sensitive.  i dont think the man is offended I just think he was pointed in his reply/comment to you.  but like i said i dont speak for him, so maybe he was offended.  if he is then silly me.

You realize, other people have done what you're doing here, and I end up getting some nonsensical heat as-if ***I*** was the one who refused to let go and "hijacked" the thread.

Right?

So, I was serious, I feel you had it right when you made up that particular so-called rule.

I'll only say this much more, and only because you are the admin and because I still hold a lot of respect of you because unlike a lot of people, you've shown yourself someone who isn't too proud to re-think his actions.

At the very least, we should be able to agree that the statement targeted me... he did specify me, right?... and his words were on the antagonistic/abrasive side.

Can I go so far as to assume he was "offended?"

I think so, but maybe there's a better word than "offended."

To me, he seemed pissed off that I said something that, I suppose, he took as some indictment on the fans, of which he is one, and I now realize evidently he was one of the more vocal ones... and he felt I should get some backtalk for it.

I think that's a fair account of the situation.   

Again, if you or anyone else including him wants to pursue it, though, I'm only discussing via PM from here on.
    « Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 04:20:09 PM by _sturt_ »

Online MicDrass1

« Reply #59 on: January 14, 2018, 04:35:42 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Bam... nailed it.  Mentioned this before the season he could leave after jr. year.  People didn't like it.  Didn't have the year he needed to have but he would not be given slack this year in starting role so its a risk all around.  That's why RS etc is a thing of the past.  Play them and go unless they won't play at all and that will probably be a wasted scholarship.  I do not believe he is ready but the Lamar Jackson is who I'd draft anyways.  After that the rest are all the same.  All have flaws.  He could climb the qb draft board. 

Offline Apollo

« Reply #60 on: January 14, 2018, 04:36:37 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • You realize, other people have done what you're doing here, and I end up getting some nonsensical heat as-if ***I*** was the one who refused to let go and "hijacked" the thread.

Again, if you or anyone else including him wants to pursue it, though, I'm only discussing via PM from here on.
    Because you keep doing the same things. You're doing it now and trying yet again to act like you're the victim. It's old. It's played. Don't keep saying "you're only discussing it via PM" , then just do it. Quit going back and forth over nothing, hijacking threads and then acting like you've done nothing wrong.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, Flat Tire 2, The E-Man

Online MicDrass1

« Reply #61 on: January 14, 2018, 04:38:56 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Starting QB will be Isaiah Green. Depending on the offensive plan it might have been even if Litton was here, so no worries there. Maybe bring a juco as the backup, but not starter.

Bring in a freshman qb that's actually good.  Baisden from Martinsburg.  Whoever loses battle between Greene and Morrell might dip.  Baisden would be there RS and licking his chops.  Winner!!!!  Hard worker!!!  Good blood lines for grit!!!!

HerdFans.com

« Reply #61 on: January 14, 2018, 04:38:56 PM »

Offline CoachSkip

« Reply #62 on: January 14, 2018, 04:56:48 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Well people were screaming for change , that's definitely what we will be getting . New OC , new QB , more than likely an all new offense . Im looking forward to next season , gonna be an exciting one that's for sure.

Who is Baisden from Martinsburg ?
    « Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 05:00:20 PM by CoachSkip »
    It takes considerable knowledge just to realize the extent of your own ignorance . --- Thomas Sowell
    If fascism ever comes to America, it will come in the name of liberalism. --- Ronald Reagan
    Character , not circumstances , make the man. --- Booker T Washington
    Bill Nye is an i d i o t
    Ive never killed a mountain lion with my bare hands but Ive choked a few cougars .

The following users thanked this post: svherd, HoPPy785

Offline Herdiowa

« Reply #63 on: January 14, 2018, 04:58:45 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • One thing is certain. We will soon find out if the issue was Litton or the coaching he received while with us.

Offline MU ATO

« Reply #64 on: January 14, 2018, 05:09:26 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I’m curious if they bring in another QB this late in the recruiting game? This class already looks to be one of the worst in a decade. I hope some talent emerges.

Offline saherdfan

« Reply #65 on: January 14, 2018, 05:09:56 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
  • Good luck to Chase!  He has all the tools.  Toughness is the only issue that can't be learned.  Wish him all the best.

Online whf

« Reply #66 on: January 14, 2018, 05:10:34 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Come on back, fans; no excuse now.

Offline herdorbust

« Reply #67 on: January 14, 2018, 05:14:23 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

It will be interesting to see who the new OC is and what kind of scheme he has. That will go a long way in getting the fans back. We need to get back to Marshall football, basketball on grass with excitement. Every running play a draw and 80% oif the passes going to the sideline was getting real old. Hopefully the new guy will use a TE more and slants and seam routes a little more. Also would be nice to see a QB under center a few times with real motion. Just my thoughts.

Offline ThunderValley

« Reply #68 on: January 14, 2018, 05:16:25 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think Greene can do the job

Online HoPPy785

« Reply #69 on: January 14, 2018, 05:34:36 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think Greene can do the job

Green was getting reps with the 1s last spring and from reports he sounded impressive, just not fully ready yet. If you've seen his highlights, he looks good. I hope he does well. I also think Morrell can't be written off, unless he transfers.

Offline pembrook burrows III

« Reply #70 on: January 14, 2018, 05:35:06 PM »
  • [Like]2
  • [Dislike]0
  • Good luck to Litton.

How about this for a plan? Marshall brings in Iowa Western CC Head Coach Scott Strohmeier as the new Offensive Coordinator. Strohmeier, a former QB,  is this year's juco coach of the year, the second time he has won the award. He has an impressive resume.

http://www.goreivers.com/general/2017-18/releases/20171219gwyv8l

Strohmeier brings with him his QB, Kai Locksley, the juco Offensive Player of the Year.

http://www.goreivers.com/sports/fball/2017-18/releases/20171220k48cte

Strohmeier also brings with him a couple of other juco All-Americans from Iowa Western CC.

http://www.goreivers.com/general/2017-18/releases/20171219hp286j

Iowa Western CC is where the Herd got RB Anthony Anderson, and where Locksley migrated shortly after verbally committing to the Herd. Clearly, the coaching staff is familiar with this juco program. Also, it is interesting that Locksley is still unsigned as far as I can tell based on the article below. Now that the deck has been cleared with Litton, could this enhance Locksley's interest in the Herd, and could that interest further be enhanced if his juco coach is hired? Just wondering, I have no inside scoop.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/high-school/varsity-letters/bs-sp-kai-locksley-gilman-texas-iowa-western-20180109-story.html

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, whf, The E-Man

Offline QuickStrike

« Reply #71 on: January 14, 2018, 05:37:10 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]1
  • Chase an NFL QB? LOL

People are missing the most telling thing that will make Chase fail.  He plays soft, can't run, and can't take an NFL hit.  If he thought that Akron player rung his bell, NFL hits will really hurt him.  He's gonna be on the turf saying; "Who dat? Who dare?" a lot.

The following users thanked this post: parshall2marshall, Flat Tire 2

HerdFans.com

« Reply #71 on: January 14, 2018, 05:37:10 PM »

Offline Stripeshrt

« Reply #72 on: January 14, 2018, 05:39:59 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I hope the kid was smart enough to get his degree regardless of what chances myself or any other internet expert thinks he has.

The following users thanked this post: wasbarryb, Flat Tire 2, The E-Man

Offline svherd

« Reply #73 on: January 14, 2018, 05:57:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

I don't think the fans didn't buy tix because Chase was the QB. That's a stretch.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: mr_ash_1995, Flat Tire 2

Offline QuickStrike

« Reply #74 on: January 14, 2018, 06:06:39 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Would be a good opportunity here for a Grad transfer QB.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #74 on: January 14, 2018, 06:06:39 PM »