Author Topic: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly....  (Read 216 times)

Offline Photo by

• Global Moderator
  • Hall of Famer
The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly....
« on: October 14, 2007, 12:09:14 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The Good
      I thought the defense improved somewhat. Don't know if it is a case of some injured guys coming back or a case of kids growing up. But they had some stops, 3 punts, a turnover on downs, and a fumble recovery. Tackles for loss and a couple sacks. Not good enough but better.

Not for sure but I think they tried to open the offense up a bit earlier. Not open enough but I thought I saw a crack in the door to playing a bit more aggressive earlier.

There seemed to be better halftime adjustments.

They played till the whistle blew. The announcers were talking about blowing this team out second half. We held them to a TD.

PDunn's grilled veggies...the steak was great but the marinated and grilled veggies FAN TAS TIC

The Bad
      Game management is still weak. The first time they quick snapped on 3rd and short was forgivable. The rest not. Plus I'm guessing they have been doing that all season. Shoulda picked it up in the film room.

Game management 2. Forth and goal at the five. They called time out--you know they have figured out you are gonna pass and either are preparing for it. They are bringing the house or a bunch of D-backs. Be ready for both with the appropriate read and audible...oh and you just had a time out. Shouldn't have a problem getting the play off in time.

Did I not see a D back have their hands on the ball half a dozen times. Shouldn't we have picked one of them off?

Offense still makes some stupid mistakes. Don't know that they make any more than any other team, but the O has the talent and experience, they need to be playing exemplary.

Swinging gate, muddle huddle, whatever the heck that was, should never work. Coaches put those in to make other teams spend time in practice preparing for them. Even the coaches don't expect them to work.

The Ugly
      CSTV--I don't know how these people sleep at night. Probably missed 60%+ of the game. Seriously. The image would freeze and the audio would repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat...like a broken record. I'm not aware of current technology that would cause that!! Occasionally there would be two, three, or more audio feeds. It may have been the same feed coming in at different time. When the audio was good (and I use the term loosely) there was an alien type interference signal in the background. We didn't see the last 4:50.

CSTV2--The delivery of this gawd awful mess has actually gotten worse in the past two years. It is not Mac compatible and apparently there isn't sufficient bandwidth to serve the dozens of fans that log on.

CSTV3--When the video feed would freeze on occasion the game tracker actually went back in time.

Crowd. Didn't get a real good look and the published attendance was 20,255, but there didn't appear to be anyone in the stands. It looked like Fairfield in '75---in November.[/list]

"If you count victories in terms of perseverance, commitment, and determination our team went undefeated in ’71."
      ...Jack Lengyel

HerdFans.com

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly....
      « on: October 14, 2007, 12:09:14 PM »