Author Topic: How you know you hit rock bottom  (Read 511 times)

Offline fullboat

• Junior Varsity
How you know you hit rock bottom
« on: October 14, 2007, 11:45:05 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We had 9 days to prepare for a 1=4 Memphis team that had 3 days to prepare for us , had just as many injuries and were playing with their backup QB..............and we lose.  
    Then we have 10 days to prepare for Tulsa and one of the worst defenses in the country...............and we lose.  
    Our Defense is terrible, our Special teams are terrible and offense is bad............our seasons offensive numbers are bloated by playing against prevent defenses when we trail by double digits.
    And we are as bad a coached team in America.
    This week we stay in a 4-3 to defend against a muddle huddle.  Get a delay of game on 4th and goal from the 5 coming out of timeout.  Waste 2 of our 3 timeouts inside the 10 yard line (coming off a first down where the clock stops) with 1 minute to go knowing we need 2 scores.  Then in our last ditch effort to get the ball on an onside kick, our kicker kicks the ball 25 yards when it has to go 10.  Probably the worst attempt I have seen.

And this game wasn't as close as the 7 point loss.  We were down 21-3 and they let their guard down.  We were down 14 and they had the ball deep in our territory with 4 minutes to go when they lose a fumble and play a prevent defense allowing us to get down the field for a meaningless score.  

When you can't win with 9 and 10 days to prepare for teams.......how are you going to win?
    There is nothing good about this team........nothing.  But wait til next year............right?

HerdFans.com

« on: October 14, 2007, 11:45:05 AM »

Offline DC01HERD

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2007, 12:37:56 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • That is the most discouraging is the time between games and stil look totally unprepared!

Offline whf

TIme to face some hard facts
    « Reply #2 on: October 14, 2007, 01:43:53 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • 1.  Although our team does play hard, our depth talent level right now is not good enough to beat our competition.
    2.  Coaching has to be adjusted to the talent, and take risks to off-set the lack of talent.
    3.  Nothing much is going to change until the competiton level on offense changes.  To win, we have to get to teams with less powerful offenses.  Rice and UAB may be the only real chances we have.
    4.  Although it so tough to do, it is now the time for us as fans to quit worring about anything but doing our part; and support our players.    We won't, and probably shouldn't, see mid year changes.
    5.  The ONLY one I see who can change this around is our University's president.  He has to let Marcum know (probably already has in my opinion) that Snyder needs and deserves some help NOW.  Somewhere in the mix of running this program, Snyder obviously needs more time to focus on "on field" football.  Maybe someone needs to be associate head coach for everything but changing the win / loss situation around for a year or two.

Enough of my thoughts.............

Offline herdfan429

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2007, 02:16:55 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • WHF rice and uab have better  scoring offenses than we do 73 and 94 respectively.  Only Tulane is worse than ours.

Offline sdfgoherd

• All American
    « Reply #4 on: October 14, 2007, 04:58:02 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We are at rock bottom and the question now is how long does Marshall football stay at rock bottom.  The answer is for Dr. Stephen Kopp to answer and him alone.  He is the president and does he want to preside over a completely failed divison I football program.  Marshall is pumping millions of dollars into dorms, rec center, etc. to improve the on-campus of students so they will stay in town. Well, a winning football and basketball team will help keep these students in town and on campus.

Rock bottom is upon us.

Offline MUtim

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • All American
    • Member Since 08/2009
    « Reply #5 on: October 14, 2007, 05:39:20 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "sdfgoherd"
    We are at rock bottom and the question now is how long does Marshall football stay at rock bottom.  The answer is for Dr. Stephen Kopp to answer and him alone.  He is the president and does he want to preside over a completely failed divison I football program.  Marshall is pumping millions of dollars into dorms, rec center, etc. to improve the on-campus of students so they will stay in town. Well, a winning football and basketball team will help keep these students in town and on campus.

Rock bottom is upon us.

If this is Rock bottom, what will we call it when we are 0-12?.

Offline DJdaHERDfan

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2007, 08:09:49 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    If this is Rock bottom, what will we call it when we are 0-12?.

0-6=rock bottom

0-12=$HIT
    IT'S TAILGATING SEASON!

Offline bbcard1

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    For signs of hope
    « Reply #7 on: October 14, 2007, 08:38:27 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Please look under "Kentucky."

Offline marshall1123

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2007, 09:10:25 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This message board is killing me. I can't believe how down you guys are on this football team. The offense was not terrible by any stretch of the imagination. The managed to score with one of the best offenses in the country. The defense did not play a good first half but they did show alot of heart in the 3rd and 4th quarter when the game was on the line. The special teams did ok no major mishaps. I think this was a very encouraging game. The team showed alot of enthusiasm and I will be there this coming sunday to support them. I will cheer just like they are 6-0. I just hope all of you will be there too!!!

Offline sdfgoherd

• All American
    « Reply #9 on: October 14, 2007, 10:18:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "marshall1123"
    This message board is killing me. I can't believe how down you guys are on this football team. The offense was not terrible by any stretch of the imagination. The managed to score with one of the best offenses in the country. The defense did not play a good first half but they did show alot of heart in the 3rd and 4th quarter when the game was on the line. The special teams did ok no major mishaps. I think this was a very encouraging game. The team showed alot of enthusiasm and I will be there this coming sunday to support them. I will cheer just like they are 6-0. I just hope all of you will be there too!!!

It is not a question of being there. Heck, I am skipping church to go to the game on Sunday.  If I don't find the humor then I will cry so for now sarcastic humor is about all I got.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2007, 10:18:52 PM »