Author Topic: Last year some said....  (Read 834 times)

Offline ThunderValley

Last year some said....
« on: October 14, 2007, 09:28:51 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I remember from last year some of you said "just wait until next year" you will see a big change. Well..you were right. We have seen a really big change. The change is not very good.
    Now..that same group is saying "wait until next year". I have a feeling if some major changes aren't made,  that same group will be saying the same thing after next year.
    It seems Snyder is coaching like a player would coach, not like someone that is experienced would coach.
    To sum it up..I am still waiting

HerdFans.com

Last year some said....
    « on: October 14, 2007, 09:28:51 AM »

Online W0lfman

Last year some said....
    « Reply #1 on: October 14, 2007, 09:44:45 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • this is the year we hit rock bottom because I only see us winning 1 maybe 2 games this year.  and that 2nd game is a big IF.  I'll  be up there next week for SoMiss and I'll be surprised if we have 15,000 fans in the stadium.  Sad as hell....

Offline The Right Stuff

Last year some said....
    « Reply #2 on: October 14, 2007, 09:53:43 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • The sad thing is Wolfman it is going to be tough as heck to get much of a crowd on Sunday night at 8 pm. and the game on tv.  Do the powers to be not think people have to get up and go to work on Monday morning.  

Thanks KO.

TRS
    MU 71

Online W0lfman

Last year some said....
    « Reply #3 on: October 14, 2007, 10:02:33 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Its going to be a bad showcase thats for sure.  Somebody has already mentioned to me they'll have to leave at half time because of work the next day.  I took Monday off.

Offline marcbuff

lol
    « Reply #4 on: October 14, 2007, 10:16:16 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I took monday off too. Im looking forward to Blades tailgate :-D

Offline Buffalo Bop

Last year some said....
    « Reply #5 on: October 14, 2007, 10:22:27 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • This season kind of reminds me of Jirsa's second year when he hit rock bottom with only 6 wins. That year Marvin Black was gone and we had no one underneath with any size or experience, and teams just killed us around the basket. Now in football, we're getting killed on defense this year because our front line has been decimated and Josh Johnson has been out. Throw in a weak secondary, and it's like watching a 250 lb. bully pick on a 99lb. weakling.

Offline sdfgoherd

• All American
    Last year some said....
    « Reply #6 on: October 14, 2007, 10:23:34 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We could be undefeated and still struggle to get a crowd on Sunday night. We have never drawn well.  I can imagine that on the 21st there will be about 20,000 and half of them will be gone after half-time.

As for winning one or two games - with every loss this team sinks deeper and deeper and it makes the next game that much more difficult.

I do not see this team winning a game until sometime 2008, but I sure hope I am wrong.

Online W0lfman

Last year some said....
    « Reply #7 on: October 14, 2007, 10:33:45 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I really cant argue with that.  I feel that we just dont have enough horses at this time.  Our defense last night and all year has been completely outclassed by every offense we've faced.  A part of me wants to blame Snyder and another part of me says that he needs a couple of more recruiting classes to get us where we need to be.   Anyway he is here until the in of 09 that you can be sure of.

Offline whf

Its 8PM on Sunday, hope we have a program of sorts with the
    « Reply #8 on: October 14, 2007, 01:55:42 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • churchs in the area.

Wouldn't it be great to have a consolidated "spirit" program before the game in the stadium at 7:15 for 15 minutes.  You could have some folks spend 5 minutes each talking about overcoming some adversity in their lives, some correlation to their time at Marshall, and a chance to state some of their Inspiration to get over their challenges, religious if it was their feeling.  

The churchs could be corralled by the Campus Crusade, or whatever organization, and then ACTUALLY increase the crowd.

We should be able to convince the churches that it would be a great natural evening out for their youth organizations, a great way for parents and children to spend family time together;;;;let them in for $5 a piece; or sell blocks of seats to each church for $500 or so.

I sure hope our marketing group has done something...what a great opportunity for community unity and a display of the area's acceptance of all people.

Anyone know if anything like this has been though of, or done?

HerdFans.com

Its 8PM on Sunday, hope we have a program of sorts with the
    « Reply #8 on: October 14, 2007, 01:55:42 PM »