Author Topic: Call in show  (Read 1040 times)

Offline cltherdfan

• Rookie
Call in show
« on: October 14, 2007, 12:20:23 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Any reports for those of us that can't listen tonight?

Same defense of coaching staff?  injuries....youth...etc.?   Blah..blah...blah...slow nickel......

HerdFans.com

Call in show
    « on: October 14, 2007, 12:20:23 AM »

Offline Banshee

Call in show
    « Reply #1 on: October 14, 2007, 12:27:00 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Yes, yes, yes, and yes...Nothing new to "hear" here, sorry, but same old lame excuses/coach speak by Woody, etc..

Offline pdunn

Call in show
    « Reply #2 on: October 14, 2007, 12:29:31 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Smiley faces, lollipops, rainbows, puppies, and unicorns.
    "On rainy days, the early justices would enliven case conferences with wine. On other days, even if the sun was shining, Chief Justice John Marshall would order wine anyway, saying, 'Our jurisdiction is so vast that it must be raining somewhere.' "

Offline Banshee

Call in show
    « Reply #3 on: October 14, 2007, 12:30:56 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Lol, now that you mention those pdunn, I feel happier, thanks!!

Offline cltherdfan

• Rookie
    Call in show
    « Reply #4 on: October 14, 2007, 12:36:18 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Awesome so apparently we have the league right where we want them.........

IMO its sad to see that our goals have dropped to simply getting a Win in a season......my oh my.

When will we get an identity on offense or even as a team?  Stop complaining about poor defense and lets freaking out score people if thats whats needed to win.  For the love of god please tell snyder to stop telling his depressing stories about losing etc.  Our LEADER should be confident and try LEADING the program!  we know byron called....we know McConaughy called......cry me a river.  if its that bad give back the salary and move on.

Offline whf

I heard it differently
    « Reply #5 on: October 14, 2007, 02:02:36 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think the last couple of games Woody has been very solemn and frank about the team. I don't hear him sugar coating anything.  If you want him to say we suck and can't get better, he won't ever (and IMHO should never) do that.

He has talked about lack of depth, lack of talent and experience in what depth we do have, obvisious quesitonable coaching decisions; not sure what else you would want from him.

We are very lucky to have Woody and ISP involved in MU sports.  OUr broadcasts are great compared to most schools our size, and I would say on par with some of the best in the country. If you think that each week we get 1.5 to 2 hours of pre-game, a great broadcast by Mr. Cotton, and then an hour to spout off our opinions after every game,....I think we are pretty lucky.

Sure Woody often defends the program and coaches, but I don't see him harboring false expectations, over hyping things we can't deliver, or beating his chest with falsehood beliefs.

PS. I don't know him from Adam, so I am not defending a friend.

Offline W0lfman

Call in show
    « Reply #6 on: October 14, 2007, 02:16:37 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Woody has earned the right to say what he wants.  And besides that the guy has to work with the very people fans want him to dog.  I think he does a great job!  And for the record I have never met him either.

Offline herdgirl72

• Junior Varsity
    Re: I heard it differently
    « Reply #7 on: October 14, 2007, 07:30:24 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "whf"
    I think the last couple of games Woody has been very solemn and frank about the team. I don't hear him sugar coating anything.  If you want him to say we suck and can't get better, he won't ever (and IMHO should never) do that.

He has talked about lack of depth, lack of talent and experience in what depth we do have, obvisious quesitonable coaching decisions; not sure what else you would want from him.

We are very lucky to have Woody and ISP involved in MU sports.  OUr broadcasts are great compared to most schools our size, and I would say on par with some of the best in the country. If you think that each week we get 1.5 to 2 hours of pre-game, a great broadcast by Mr. Cotton, and then an hour to spout off our opinions after every game,....I think we are pretty lucky.

Sure Woody often defends the program and coaches, but I don't see him harboring false expectations, over hyping things we can't deliver, or beating his chest with falsehood beliefs.

PS. I don't know him from Adam, so I am not defending a friend.

From someone who is part of the broadcast, thank you. We work very very hard to deliver a quality product. So thank you!
    Its alot of hard work...but its a GREAT job, win or lose I wouldn't trade it for the world!

Offline AtlTom

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • All American
    • Since 02/2009
    Call in show
    « Reply #8 on: October 14, 2007, 07:46:49 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • hey herdgirl72, I was down on the sidelines last night near you for most of the game. I wanted to go up and say hello to you but you had all those things in your ears and you looked really busy.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."
    Frederic Bastiat

Offline herdgirl72

• Junior Varsity
    Call in show
    « Reply #9 on: October 14, 2007, 07:59:44 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Awww you should have!! Were you in the We are Big Green shirt?

Offline AtlTom

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • All American
    • Since 02/2009
    Call in show
    « Reply #10 on: October 14, 2007, 08:31:15 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "herdgirl72"
    Awww you should have!! Were you in the We are Big Green shirt?

No, but he is also from Atlanta.  I was wearing a Big Green collared shirt.
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it."
    Frederic Bastiat

Offline herdgirl72

• Junior Varsity
    Call in show
    « Reply #11 on: October 14, 2007, 08:32:15 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Oh! Ok!! I remember you!!

HerdFans.com

Call in show
    « Reply #11 on: October 14, 2007, 08:32:15 PM »

Offline Herdmeister

Call in show
    « Reply #12 on: October 14, 2007, 09:20:41 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "herdgirl72"
    Oh! Ok!! I remember you!!

Hey Herdgirl.. AtlTom's wife was thye blonde that came up to you and told you about the folks from Oklahoma City that came to the game because they saw the movie.  They were the ones that wanted the pic of Keith. Thanks for your help with that one.
    Today, I consider myself, the luckiest man on the face of the earth..
                   ----Lou Gehrig

Offline From Ashes to Glory

• Junior Varsity
    Call in show
    « Reply #13 on: October 14, 2007, 09:55:17 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "pdunn"
    Smiley faces, lollipops, rainbows, puppies, and unicorns.
    :x  :lol:

Offline GreenBison

Call in show
    « Reply #14 on: October 15, 2007, 12:11:11 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "From Ashes to Glory"
    Quote from: "pdunn"
    Smiley faces, lollipops, rainbows, puppies, and unicorns.
    :x  :lol:

and lawsuits.
    The smell of arcrid smoke and horses breath - The Trooper - Steve Harris

HerdFans.com

Call in show
    « Reply #14 on: October 15, 2007, 12:11:11 AM »