Author Topic: Somber Herd Team to Tulsa  (Read 1288 times)

Offline sdfgoherd

• All American
Somber Herd Team to Tulsa
« on: October 12, 2007, 09:09:34 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • My wife said today that she heard the team was very somber on their way to the airport today.  This was reported by someone who traveled with the team to the airport. The impression she was given was that the team seemed defeated.  Hope their spirits change by game time.

HerdFans.com

« on: October 12, 2007, 09:09:34 PM »

Offline Photo by

• Global Moderator
    • Hall of Famer
    Re: Somber Herd Team to Tulsa
    « Reply #1 on: October 12, 2007, 09:45:34 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "sdfgoherd"
    My wife said today that she heard the team was very somber on their way to the airport today.  This was reported by someone who traveled with the team to the airport. The impression she was given was that the team seemed defeated.  Hope their spirits change by game time.

Maybe it is an indication of team that is serious.

"If you count victories in terms of perseverance, commitment, and determination our team went undefeated in ’71."
    ...Jack Lengyel

Offline HerdBlizz

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2007, 01:05:54 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Save the cheap shots for the opponents. To paraphrase Nate Ruffin, "This is your team."--Moderator

Offline Oh Herd CR

• Heisman
    • Member Since 01/2010
    « Reply #3 on: October 13, 2007, 08:11:19 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Hopefully Rocky will come on here and give her opinion.  

She is
    1.  The sideline reporter.
    2.  Spends a lot of time with the team.
    3.  Should know.

The comments about the leadership are unkind and unnecessary.

What are you doing to help this team and help the situation??????

I'm here and I'm gonna cheer my heart out.

Go Herd!
    Well done is better than well said.  - Ben Franklin

Offline herdgirl72

• Junior Varsity
    « Reply #4 on: October 13, 2007, 11:15:28 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Yeah, I'm here in Tulsa and the guys seem really pumped up and ready for the game...I think they truly believe they can win tonite and then beat So Miss....all it takes is one win to get things started..

Spirits are great here in Tulsa!!!
    They are ready to win!!

Go Herd!!

Offline HerdBlizz

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2007, 12:28:36 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Not a cheap shot at all...A unbiased observation...This site is is starting to sway like Fox news....Too much one-sidedness.  I guess noone can take the heat....and I TOO saw the team at the Airport yesterday...and I see a BIG loss coming for them by my observation....Kueck and Snyder looking like a deer in the road...

Offline _sturt_

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2007, 01:04:44 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "HerdBlizz"
    Not a cheap shot at all...A unbiased observation...This site is is starting to sway like Fox news....Too much one-sidedness.  I guess noone can take the heat....and I TOO saw the team at the Airport yesterday...and I see a BIG loss coming for them by my observation....Kueck and Snyder looking like a deer in the road...

Blizz, as if it matters what any one individual thinks, I'm just curious to know what motivates a true fan to make it a point to go on a popular internet board for his team and "report" his "unbiased" interpretation when it's decidedly negative? I'm just guessing that it doesn't even occur to such a person to ask themselves that question since they only see it as providing a public service or something akin to that... but the natural follow-up then is "who's being served" by your "service?" Who benefits from gaining your supposedly inside information?

Offline HerdBlizz

Sturt
    « Reply #7 on: October 13, 2007, 01:33:43 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Not all negative.....Would Love to see the Herd win all their games.  But a pig in a poke is just that..a pig...I'm just stating facts....we are terrible this year.  You can sugar coat it all you want.  But you probably never saw my first post anyhow.  So..when the game starts and the game thread starts..don't be surprised if everyone is going  negative..This board needs to lighten up some....probably some on here still believe Elvis is alive and was at Memphis last week...

Offline Photo by

• Global Moderator
    • Hall of Famer
    Re: Sturt
    « Reply #8 on: October 13, 2007, 01:47:51 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    ....probably some on here still believe Elvis is alive and was at Memphis last week...

It is not a question of blind faith and devotion to their team, although we have nothing against that. It is a question of civility. If you want to criticize a coach or player for their performance that's fine. Do it in a civil way and back up your complaint.

You will notice that we don't moderate much during and immediately after a game when emotions are high. But over a week after a game and several hours before the next one there is ample time to consider one's words.

As had been said many times before. Don't post something you wouldn't say in front of the person you are saying it about.

This is a place for Herd Fans to gather and for the support of Thundering Herd and Marshall University. It is privately owned and operated and it is not a news organization. The coaches and players performances may not match our desires and expectations but they give their blood, sweat, and tears for our University and for that they deserve a certain level of respect. That doesn't remove them from criticism but should earn some respect.

"If you count victories in terms of perseverance, commitment, and determination our team went undefeated in ’71."
    ...Jack Lengyel

Offline greenskeeper

• Heisman
    • Member Since 01/2010
    « Reply #9 on: October 13, 2007, 02:31:44 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    Yeah, I'm here in Tulsa and the guys seem really pumped up and ready for the game

Herdgirl I think I love you! Keep it up!
    What do you call a place where the coaches are drunks, the players pistol whip local citizens and the fans mug and rob expecting mothers ? You call it - THE FLAGSHIP PROGRAM IN THE STATE OF WV!!! Ollie Luck AD

Offline herdgirl72

• Junior Varsity
    « Reply #10 on: October 13, 2007, 02:58:22 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "greenskeeper"
    Yeah, I'm here in Tulsa and the guys seem really pumped up and ready for the game

Herdgirl I think I love you! Keep it up!

I just calls em how I sees em and that's how I sees em!

Go Herd! I'm hoping for a BIG BIG win tonite!!

Offline DC01HERD

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2007, 03:08:00 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    Not a cheap shot at all...A unbiased observation...This site is is starting to sway like Fox news....Too much one-sidedness.  I guess noone can take the heat....and I TOO saw the team at the Airport yesterday...and I see a BIG loss coming for them by my observation....Kueck and Snyder looking like a deer in the road...

Great post! Fox news is complete (bleep)!

I don't know how we could be upbeat after losing to a terrible team in Memphis and now going on the road against a good Tulsa team? I would love to see a win but  Snyder has never started well on the road. He looks lost on  the road and Tulsa really needs this win.

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2007, 03:08:00 PM »

Offline _sturt_

Re: Sturt
    « Reply #12 on: October 13, 2007, 03:25:41 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    Not all negative.....Would Love to see the Herd win all their games.  But a pig in a poke is just that..a pig...I'm just stating facts....we are terrible this year.  You can sugar coat it all you want.  But you probably never saw my first post anyhow.  So..when the game starts and the game thread starts..don't be surprised if everyone is going  negative..This board needs to lighten up some....probably some on here still believe Elvis is alive and was at Memphis last week...

Nice effort, but where in here did you think you were answering the question? Go back and look for any of the three sentences with question marks after them... none of which asked about the accuracy of the pig in said poke, which appears to be your knee-jerk reactionary response.

Offline HerdBlizz

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2007, 03:37:07 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Wasn't attempting to answer a question...Stating a fact is all.  If I were asking a question, I would put in a question mark.

Offline muherd34

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2007, 04:04:39 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • We all know what opinions are like… :lol:

I am glad some of you aren't coaching a team, what a downer that would be.

Offline Rock1998Dog

« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2007, 05:02:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Thanks for the update HerdGirl.....

Glad to see the team hasn't given up on themselves, b/c there are a lot of people that havn't given up on them yet.... No matter what is posted on this board or any other board..

WE ARE.......
    GO HERD!!!!!!

Offline DallasGreen

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • Practice Squad
    • Member Since 3/24/2014
    RE:flat
    « Reply #16 on: October 13, 2007, 05:12:57 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I saw the same thing in Dallas last year (at the walkthru)  the day before the SMU game. Team was flat and played with no emotion the next day.
    You have to think you are going to win all the time.
    I miss the SWAGGER!

Offline bigwormy

« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2007, 05:44:19 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • FOX NEWS IS THE ONLY PLACE YOU CAN HEAR THE REAL STORIES!!!

TRY A LITTLE CNN FOR SOME ONE SIDED ACTION!!
    if you want more oil at a cheaper price vote republican. if you want the same amount of oil in current supply at a higher price, vote democrat and for a windfall profit tax!

Offline _sturt_

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2007, 05:50:57 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    Wasn't attempting to answer a question... Stating a fact is all.  If I were asking a question, I would put in a question mark.

Was there something here that you didn't think was already self-evident?

I'm not your therapist, but your avoidant response begs the question, "what are you hiding from?"

Or, perhaps a thoughtful reply would only confirm what seems obvious... your post serves no one but you... doesn't serve the team, the coaches, nor does it serve the fans rooting for the team... it only serves to make you feel better about yourself... you win either way... if the good guys lose, you get an ego kick because you told us... if the good guys win, you get an ego kick because of the psychological obstacles we overcame, which, again, you assured us were in-place... it ONLY serves to make YOU feel better about yourself, Blizz.

Not a display of your best side (... at least, we can hope that's the case).

Offline wasbarryb

« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2007, 06:06:13 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "bigwormy"
    FOX NEWS IS THE ONLY PLACE YOU CAN HEAR THE REAL STORIES!!!

TRY A LITTLE CNN FOR SOME ONE SIDED ACTION!!

that's ture, as long as one keeps in mind that the phase 'telling stories" is another way of saying you're telling lies

Offline Oh Herd CR

• Heisman
    • Member Since 01/2010
    « Reply #20 on: October 14, 2007, 10:30:46 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0

haha They proved you wrong.  Unless of course you consider 1 TD a BIG loss...

It was not fun.  

Go Herd!
    Well done is better than well said.  - Ben Franklin

Offline forphase1

Well
    « Reply #21 on: October 14, 2007, 10:49:21 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Although I don't have a dog in this particular fight, considering the way we played, yes, I consider this one TD loss a BIG loss.  Why?  Because we played horribly.  On offense we missed some receivers and there were numerous questionable coaching calls (not getting the points on the field goal, not taking a few shots at the end of the 1st quarter, not taking the ball to start the game, etc).   On defense, I think our secondary decided to stay in Huntington for much of the game.  When the camera shows a receiver catching a ball, and there isn't a defender within 10 yards of him, something is very wrong.  And it didn't only happen once, but rather many times.  You know, there can be 21 point losses that aren't as big as the 7 point loss we endured last night?  Why?  Because we continue to beat ourselves.  I can handle the other team simply being better than us.  If we go somewhere and get beat badly (see Florida '01 for example, or some other big BSC games where we got crushed) but a superiorly talented team, then so be it.  When we line up against a team that we are more talented than, and play like we've never seen a football....to me, that's much more embarrassing, and a much BIGGER loss.  JMHO.

Let's Go Herd! 

Final Rankings: 1999 - #10 (AP & ESPN), #12 (BCS); 2001 - #21 (ESPN); 2002 - #24 (AP), #19 (ESPN), 2014 - #22 (coaches), #23 (AP)

Championships: 1925 WVIAC, 1928 WVIAC, 1931 WVIAC, 1937 Buckeye Conference, 1988 Southern Conference, 1992 I-AA, 1994 Southern Conference, 1996 Southern Conference, 1996 I-AA (15-0), 1997 MAC, 1998 MAC, 1998 Motor City, 1999 MAC (13-0), 1999 Motor City, 2000 MAC, 2000 Motor City, 2001 GMAC, 2002 MAC, 2002 GMAC, 2009 Pizza Bowl, 2011 Beef O Brady Bowl, 2013 Military Bowl, 2014 Boca Raton Bowl, 2015 St. Petersburg Bowl, 2017 New Mexico Bowl, 2018 Gasparilla Bowl.

HerdFans.com

Well
    « Reply #21 on: October 14, 2007, 10:49:21 PM »

Offline Oh Herd CR

• Heisman
    • Member Since 01/2010
    « Reply #22 on: October 15, 2007, 06:36:29 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • whatever

:shock: