Author Topic: DO you think any players are thinking of transferring?  (Read 1547 times)

Offline HurricaneThunder

• Rookie
DO you think any players are thinking of transferring?
« on: September 23, 2007, 05:11:54 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Seriously? I may throw up..

HerdFans.com

« on: September 23, 2007, 05:11:54 PM »

Offline marcbuff

no
    « Reply #1 on: September 23, 2007, 05:30:28 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think it only hurts the program when we post things like this. Just my opinion.

Offline alumni74

• Varsity
    « Reply #2 on: September 23, 2007, 05:38:35 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • When you get a few posts under your belt come see us...

Offline chasegoherd

• Practice Squad
    « Reply #3 on: September 23, 2007, 05:45:28 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Leave him alone he's right.  Bradshaw would rather be the last pick in the draft because he knew if he was back this year he wouldnt even get drafted.  We havent beat a team with a winning record since snyder has been here, and we lost to a 1AA team at home.  

Slate in all honestly should transfer somewhere sit and redshirt then play two years.  I feel sorry for the situations snyder puts him, morris, and passmore in.  Its rediculous how poorly we are coached.  Transfers are...... i repeat ARE a concern.
    JIMMY HILL QB MARSHALL 2028

Offline HurricaneThunder

• Rookie
    « Reply #4 on: September 23, 2007, 05:57:19 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I'm confused...people can't post and ask questions because they don't have enough posts?

just curious alum74, were you at the game last night? I was.

Offline marshallisqbu

• All American
    • Member Since 01/2011
    « Reply #5 on: September 23, 2007, 06:08:30 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Slate won a national award for TE's last WEEK!  Good Lord, I swear Marshall is terrible for him.  He should get very far away for how badly Marshall is treating him and for how poorly he is doing here.  

:-?

Offline W0lfman

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2007, 06:13:53 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Chase I simply disagree with you point on Slate.  This program is good for him just as he is good for the program.  If we are ever expected to get out of this rut it will be guys like him that get it done for us.  Coach Snyder or not.

Offline alumni74

• Varsity
    « Reply #7 on: September 23, 2007, 07:07:25 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "chasegoherd"
    Leave him alone he's right.  Bradshaw would rather be the last pick in the draft because he knew if he was back this year he wouldnt even get drafted.  We havent beat a team with a winning record since snyder has been here, and we lost to a 1AA team at home.  

Slate in all honestly should transfer somewhere sit and redshirt then play two years.  I feel sorry for the situations snyder puts him, morris, and passmore in.  Its rediculous how poorly we are coached.  Transfers are...... i repeat ARE a concern.

Agenda !!!!

Offline alumni74

• Varsity
    « Reply #8 on: September 23, 2007, 07:10:18 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "HurricaneThunder"
    I'm confused...people can't post and ask questions because they don't have enough posts?

just curious alum74, were you at the game last night? I was.

To Answer your question: Only the ones who know they have no chance at playing.

Offline HurricaneThunder

• Rookie
    « Reply #9 on: October 13, 2007, 11:08:37 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I posted this a few weeks ago and would like to ask again. This coaching situation is not fair to our talented players.

Offline chezdog30

• Benefactors of HerdFans
    • All American
    • Member Since 01/2011
    « Reply #10 on: October 13, 2007, 11:09:23 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • A QB that some think will start next year.

Offline DC01HERD

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2007, 11:11:23 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I worry about this as well! I would not be surprised to see Cody Slate gone after this year! He could play at any Florida school he wants!

HerdFans.com

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2007, 11:11:23 PM »

Offline pdunn

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2007, 11:33:55 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "alumni74"
    When you get a few posts under your belt come see us...

So the poster you're referring to shouldn't post until he has more posts?  That makes no sense.

BTW, just how many posts does someone have to have to satisfy your "requirement?"
    "On rainy days, the early justices would enliven case conferences with wine. On other days, even if the sun was shining, Chief Justice John Marshall would order wine anyway, saying, 'Our jurisdiction is so vast that it must be raining somewhere.' "

Offline BipolarFan

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2007, 11:38:46 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • If I was Cody Slate, I'd transfer as soon as I can, burn my redshirt and start playing for a real program in 09.

Offline alumni74

• Varsity
    « Reply #14 on: October 13, 2007, 11:39:52 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "DC01HERD"
    I worry about this as well! I would not be surprised to see Cody Slate gone after this year! He could play at any Florida school he wants!

Just so happens, he doesn't have your quitter attitude. He will get drafted regardless.

Offline alumni74

• Varsity
    « Reply #15 on: October 13, 2007, 11:42:01 PM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Oh, by the way..... BM will also get some looks from the NFL.

Offline svherd

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2007, 12:25:28 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Now thats funny, I don't care who you are! You just made me laugh and after a herd loss, thats damn hard to do.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

Offline Thunder Struck

• Junior Varsity
    « Reply #17 on: October 14, 2007, 06:59:37 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I think this thread is very realistic. I was thinking about this a couple days ago. If the losing continues ... why would a great athlete want to stay ... or for that matter ... even want to be recruited by Marshall? These guys do not have a love for this program like we do. They are football players that have come up the ranks from little league ... to where they are today. These guys know if they are playing for a good coach or not. These guys know when they are forced to run a play and they know it will not work. These guys are not just puppets that run onto the field and play the game ... as if they are a child having a parent trying to live throught them.

Point is ... this is a very serious and excellent point made by the person who started the thread. We have reason to be concerned by what is taking place. As Ive said in several post from the past ... if the losing continues ... this program will go in a hole that will take many of years to come out of. Let me just ask the question to all those that back up Snyder.

How many more games do we have to lose before you people have the understanding ... Snyder sucks?

Offline marshall fanatic

• Hall of Famer
    • Member Since 02/2004
    « Reply #18 on: October 14, 2007, 07:05:22 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Me personally if I am a player getting recruited. I would go to a place where I can play. What good is it to get recruited to a school and never play just to say you won.?  I find it odd that Snyder is taking all the heat when there are other coaches on the sideline with him. Now we do not know what goes on behind the scene. IE the rumors that Snyder was forced to keep Kueck until the 2006 season is over. So if that is that case then no matter what Kueck had done he could not be fired. Now Snyder is trying to right the ship by going out and getting a new DC. Apparently either the scheme is not working or we do not have the horses to play in the scheme. Who knows, but the problems is the D gave up over 500 yards again.
    The coaches can practice the players from sun up to sun down and put them in the right places. It is up to the players to make the plays. Now was is Snyders fault that Ashton Hall left his man in the endzone?

Offline Thunder Struck

• Junior Varsity
    « Reply #19 on: October 14, 2007, 07:40:43 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    marsmarshall fanatichall fanatic

Now was is Snyders fault that Ashton Hall left his man in the endzone?

Read the quote by Snyder in the link below  ... two answers for your one question. Snyder recruited him and Snyder thinks he is good.

http://www.marshallparthenon.com/media/storage/paper534/news/2007/08/31/News/Herd-Must.Better.Pass.Defense-2946522.shtml

Offline DC01HERD

« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2007, 08:05:33 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "alumni74"
    Quote from: "DC01HERD"
    I worry about this as well! I would not be surprised to see Cody Slate gone after this year! He could play at any Florida school he wants!

Just so happens, he doesn't have your quitter attitude. He will get drafted regardless.

I just don't associate with losers!

Offline bbcard1

• Assistant Coach
    • Marco's Den Member Since 02/2009
    Were I moderator
    « Reply #21 on: October 14, 2007, 08:48:16 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • I would delete this post when if first appeared. . It is uniformed, inflamatory and does nothing positive for the program this forum supports.  Just sayin'

If someone wanted to make an intelligent post about the pros and cons for why a player X might consider leaving for the NFL, that's ok (though still counterproducie in my opinion0>

HerdFans.com

Were I moderator
    « Reply #21 on: October 14, 2007, 08:48:16 AM »

Offline marshall fanatic

• Hall of Famer
    • Member Since 02/2004
    « Reply #22 on: October 14, 2007, 09:11:59 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Ashton is a good player. Probably our best and fastes corner. However with him making a mental mistake costing us 7 points everyone wants to blame Snyder. As if he told him and the other players to not play hard.
    Right now there is just so much parity in football with the talent. We will get a few diamonds in the rough. I know 0-12 is a possibity and I am not happy about it. But there are some bright spots on the team. We all can agree that Marshall, Passmore, Slate, Spann, and a few other guys are very talented. We just need to figure out how to make plays on both sides of the ball.

Offline sdfgoherd

• All American
    « Reply #23 on: October 14, 2007, 10:19:53 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Quote from: "chezdog30"
    A QB that some think will start next year.

Regardless of whether we win or lose, it reasonable that Anderson, Caan, or Smith will transfer.  All these guys want to play and if they see Garner as the starter for two years then it makes sense that we will lose one or two of these guys.  My guess is Anderson and/or Smith - but I don't know.

Offline jstherd

« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2007, 10:40:34 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • Hurt the program? We're at rock bottom. A rock nottom program can't be hurt, can it?

HerdFans.com

« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2007, 10:40:34 AM »