Author Topic: Doc, 6-1 Herd having fun again  (Read 341 times)

Offline biggreenarms

• Global Moderator
  • Franchise Owner
  • Smokin' Thunder, Blues Guitar, Hillbilly Chef
Doc, 6-1 Herd having fun again
« on: October 25, 2017, 05:03:45 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    “They’re a fun bunch to be around right now, and a fun bunch to coach,” he said Tuesday at his weekly press conference. “Because they do like each other, they hold each other accountable, and they do a great job.”

They’re back to cutting up, in the context of still being serious about their duties. For example, quarterback Chase Litton and tight end Ryan Yurachek trade barbs often.

“The play they ran against Charlotte and I missed him on, we ran in practice,” Litton said. “He turned around and said, ‘Hey, Chase, try not to miss me on this one.’ I said, ‘Bro, don’t get tackled at the 1-yard line.’ ”

Litton referred to a pass at Middle Tennessee in which Yurachek couldn’t quite reach the goal line. As it turned out, that broke Litton’s streak of 27 games with a touchdown pass.

That’s unimportant, but a source of fun nonetheless

https://www.wvgazettemail.com/sports/marshall_university/doc---herd-having-fun-again/article_af956e85-82d9-5251-baf9-f8be12111359.html

The following users thanked this post: svherd, Apollo

HerdFans.com

Doc, 6-1 Herd having fun again
    « on: October 25, 2017, 05:03:45 AM »

Offline QuickStrike

Re: Doc, 6-1 Herd having fun again
    « Reply #1 on: October 25, 2017, 07:33:42 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
    And finally, Holliday couldn’t resist a tongue-in-cheek comment about Tyler King’s hurdling of a defender, which was the No. 6 play in ESPN’s SportsCenter Top 10.

“We coach it every day in practice,” Holliday joked.

This was my favorite part of the article.  Doc is showing some personality.  Doc is having more fun as a coach as you can see him being more enthusiastic on the sideline with the players.

The following users thanked this post: svherd, Apollo

Offline svherd

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2017, 08:05:28 AM »
  • [Like]0
  • [Dislike]0
  • It's great to hear and see the camaraderie this year. It goes a long way and a huge intangible for teams.

Herd Rises
    Vision Campaign
    MU Foundation

The following users thanked this post: Apollo

HerdFans.com

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2017, 08:05:28 AM »